Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Manati - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2014, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond

The Hyatt Place Manati just opened up last month and it looks like I'm the first FTer to stay there, so I'd like to start off this review thread:

This is set up more to cater to business clientele, not in any way a resort(they do charge an additional 'service charge' along with local taxes but not a resort fee). The pool is small and it is located at the intersection of PR-2 and 149, just South of highway 22, across the street from a hospital. The PR Premium Outlet Mall is just one more exit to the West on Hwy 22.
The hotel itself is exactly like most other HPs, our room had 2 beds and an adjoining sofa area, not cramped.
The staff was very friendly and helpful- printed out directions to Cavernas del Rio Camuy, etc, and even offered to give us a personal detailed tour of the whole hotel!
The included breakfast was adequate and up to the brand standards.
Nearby eating options are a little slim although there is a brand new Long Horn Steakhouse adjacent to the hotel. There are some fast food places strewn along PR-2 to the East.
We stayed here because we had an early afternoon arrival at SJU and had time to rent a car, stopped by Barcadi for a tour and tasting and got to Manati before sundown. That way we could get to the Cavernas early and have time to tour the Arecibo Observatory as well, and it worked out just that way.
Our 1 night stay there was very pleasant and I would recommend it to anyone venturing out along the North and Western parts of the island.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.