Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Bonus points for club lounge closed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2016, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: thucanhho
T & C:

During periods of high demand access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge may not be available; therefore Diamond members will receive 2,500 bonus points per stay plus daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) for each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people.
Print Wikipost

Bonus points for club lounge closed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2014, 9:27 am

Appreciate clarifying and correcting the bad information that was being passed around.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:53 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
This has been clarified by Gold Passport Management if the Regency Club is closed for any reason you would recieve the club closure points. This includes renovations, scheduled closure or regular Club closure hours.
Thanks for the clarification as well - this was my understanding all along.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
The HR Indianapolis is a repeat offender of this rule. Last Friday night I had GP call the hotel to sort it out with the front desk. Today, I checked in and they changed their policy to offer 1,000 GP points or an appetizer in Level One, since they are closed on Sunday but open Monday morning. It is disappointing that they continue to annoy their best customers, especially since this property is owned directly by Hyatt and should know better. I wish GP management could talk to senior management at this property to sort this out once and for all. The 2,500 GP points should be offered and credited without prompting by us.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
The HR Indianapolis is a repeat offender of this rule. Last Friday night I had GP call the hotel to sort it out with the front desk. Today, I checked in and they changed their policy to offer 1,000 GP points or an appetizer in Level One, since they are closed on Sunday but open Monday morning. It is disappointing that they continue to annoy their best customers, especially since this property is owned directly by Hyatt and should know better. I wish GP management could talk to senior management at this property to sort this out once and for all. The 2,500 GP points should be offered and credited without prompting by us.
I unfortunately stay here pretty often and you should count yourself lucky for even being offered 1,000 points or anything. I stayed again this Saturday and wasn't offered anything for the lounge closure and on top of that was charged for breakfast as well. It typically takes me at least a couple of phone calls or emails to try and resolve the various issues that keep cropping up after each stay. The one time I made the mistake of contacting senior management at the Hotel to resolve recurring issues I realized they were even less informed on the HGP program than their front desk folks! Oh well, time to make the usual phone calls for asking them to remove the charge for breakfast and then see if they would be willing to give the lounge closure points on the first request itself...
Old Oct 20, 2014, 3:04 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Magic Pickles and CoolInIndy if you would like to send me over your stay details I acan assist you in getting the proper credit and will get this addressed with the Hotel.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 5:02 pm

I just want to say that our Gold Passport Concierge rocks! One message and all issues solved...thank you so much...
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
And quickly, too!
Old Oct 22, 2014, 2:35 am

I did stay at the HR Indianapolis and like others mentioned, everything was a fight. Thankfully, all has been corrected since.

BTW, the club closed on a Friday at 2pm. Not sure if that's still the case.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:46 pm

Anyone experienced if one can get the bonus points outside the States (I would think you can since all under hyatt brand)? If I can would I need to get the points directly from the hotel or can I get it from Hyatt directly (afraid of communication issues)?

I am thinking of staying at the Jin Jiang (China) Hyatt Regency in December but their club lounge is closed (for renovation), without that benefit and/or bonus points it might not be worth staying there. Thanks.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by phiota
Anyone experienced if one can get the bonus points outside the States (I would think you can since all under hyatt brand)? If I can would I need to get the points directly from the hotel or can I get it from Hyatt directly (afraid of communication issues)?

I am thinking of staying at the Jin Jiang (China) Hyatt Regency in December but their club lounge is closed (for renovation), without that benefit and/or bonus points it might not be worth staying there. Thanks.
I believe that the DN "bonus" is applicable internationally but normally the property has to put it in and I'm afraid that the property in question may have language issues. If it is not posted with the stay CS can add it but they need to verify the facts with the property and may run into the same language issues. Keep in mind that if the club is closed, you're definitely entitled to a restaurant breakfast.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by CoolInIndy
Another stay at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis and as usual the same confusion over the bonus points for the lounge being closed. This Hotel is by far the worst and the stingiest when it comes to Diamond benefits. Last time I ended up getting billed for breakfast when the lounge was closed, wasn't offered the bonus points, no points posted for the stay either (including the 1000 points) wrote to the GM and he basically said that cash & points stays aren't entitled to any points or benefits (I had never heard of that)! Took a couple of calls to the diamond line to get the situation somewhat resolved. This time around they flatly just said we don't offer the bonus points for lounge being closed on the weekends anymore! Incompetency or competency starts at the top and in this case the GM is certainly setting the standard...
Wow, this is all it takes for me to write a property completely off of my list. I wonder if these rogue GM's understand how much business their bad reputation is costing them.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 3:58 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

This has been reviewed again by Gold Passport management and Hyatt Regency Indianapolis Hotel management and because the Club is open for members to go in and they offer the Club amentities it is just not staffed they are not officially closed so the 2500 points will not be awarded.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 5:49 pm
Suspended

and they offer the Club amentities it is just not staffed
So breakfast and night time offerings are being served but no staff is staying in the club or are they just leaving the door unlocked and allowing use of the room, computer...? If it's just the 2nd option then I find this to be a very simple loophole for all properties to do to weasel out of the 2500 points. I still agree with nineworldseries that this handling of the property's management is enough to make me write off the hotel.

Going to Indy in a few months...

Last edited by toooldtostayoutlate; Nov 20, 2014 at 5:50 pm Reason: grammar
Old Nov 20, 2014, 6:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
This has been reviewed again by Gold Passport management and Hyatt Regency Indianapolis Hotel management and because the Club is open for members to go in and they offer the Club amentities it is just not staffed they are not officially closed so the 2500 points will not be awarded.
Technically this is not correct. There are bags of potato chips and cans of soda, but the breakfast spread and evening snacks that would be there on a weekday are not served. So yes, there are Club amenities, but the amenities are not the same as on a regular "open" day.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 7:45 am

That's a slippery slope - I would consider the club closed unless breakfast and evening service is provided.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.