Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CC Free Nights Transfer

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

CC Free Nights Transfer

OK I know the free nights from the CC are NOT transferable, but has anyone had any luck using them with a second name on the reservation? I have 2 from a family member (same last name) that are NOT going to be used and it's killing me to see them go to waste.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 11:22 pm

Officially, no, as you already know. In practice, I've added names to my reservations and Hyatt has always allowed them to check in, even on heavily discounted corporate rates. Nevertheless, having a backup plan is never a bad idea.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 1:55 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
It is dangerous as even after being allowed to check-in - if you are never seen at the hotel, they could ask and then charge your family rack rate at check-out and they would have every right to do so... not worth the risk if you ask me
Old Apr 11, 2014, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by avm2806
It is dangerous as even after being allowed to check-in - if you are never seen at the hotel, they could ask and then charge your family rack rate at check-out and they would have every right to do so... not worth the risk if you ask me
That's a theory, but what is "seen"? Who is going to notice me if I'm there?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
If you are doing so at a small intimate Park Hyatt or Andaz believe me they will know. Especially as a Diamond member... Maybe at one of the more factory like grands or regencies you could get away with it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.