Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Endless possibilities free nights: hard to find?

Old Apr 7, 2014, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold

I have been trying to make use of my free nights earned from this promotion. However, I've not been able to find any ONE availability, despite trying at least six different locations at different dates. Do you have similar experiences, or am I just being unlucky? Thanks!
Old Apr 7, 2014, 8:36 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by lixiaojuventus
I have been trying to make use of my free nights earned from this promotion. However, I've not been able to find any ONE availability, despite trying at least six different locations at different dates. Do you have similar experiences, or am I just being unlucky? Thanks!
These free nights need to be booked one at a time (the way that its programmed in their computer), so you need to look for it that way. Or look for it by trying for point award avaiability for your stay period, then either call to book (recommended since the whole stay will be in one reservation) or book online one night at a time for the period.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
As long as it's Cat 1-4, and a standard room is available, there should be no issues, right?
Old Apr 7, 2014, 11:42 am

Im finding it almost impossible to find a room that is actually something relevant. After coming up empty I thought I was just unlucky. Then I tried plugging in numerous options and they are all unavailable.

So I guess good for those that this worked for, it didn't work for me.

Lesson learned...will never be teased into a Free Room vs. Points again with the Hyatt brand. Took at shot at getting 3x the value of the points and it back fired in a big way.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 12:19 pm

There's something wrong technology wise with the award bookings for the Endless Possibilities. I got mine booked by looking for availability for a points stay, and then calling into HGP customer service. Was able to get a booking done for Hyatt Regency Boston in under 5 minutes this way.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by UWGRAD96

Lesson learned...will never be teased into a Free Room vs. Points again with the Hyatt brand. Took at shot at getting 3x the value of the points and it back fired in a big way.
So yourself a favor and don't limit your weariness to Hyatt. Same thing happens across all chains. Marriott in particular, has their Megabonus twice a year. If you're able to, you would be smart to choose points over nights unless can confirm availability. Otherwise it's a crap shoot.

This isn't a "Hyatt" issue. It's a promo problem. When I made this mistake myself once, I blamed user error.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 5:24 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I had no problem using my free nights, however I booked them all as one-night stays in various properties.

For those having problems booking the nights, I wonder if they are trying to book multiple nights at the same time?

As others have posted, look for availability on a regular award night (using points). If that kind of room is available then the Endless Possibilities room should also be available.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy

As others have posted, look for availability on a regular award night (using points). If that kind of room is available then the Endless Possibilities room should also be available.
This. Do you have to call to get it booked, or can you book it online? Every time I tried to book it online, it told me that the hotel is either not open for booking or sold out.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 8:01 pm

I had to call, but the HGP Customer Service line is awesome. <2 mins on hold, 5 mins all-in. Totally not a big deal.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:32 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by lixiaojuventus
This. Do you have to call to get it booked, or can you book it online? Every time I tried to book it online, it told me that the hotel is either not open for booking or sold out.
I answered this for you in post #2.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peteropny
I answered this for you in post #2.
Ah, thanks for the information. I just want to double check if people have reasonable success with online bookings, or calling is the only reliable option.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
I took the points for this promo, but Hyatt award availability is usually pretty good so I think at least some of these issues must be from people trying to book these incorrectly and by incorrectly I mean assuming that Hyatt's online booking tool actually works.

The comments about the various issues with booking these online are spot on. You can usually only book one night at a time and even then you'll sometimes get errors that you shouldn't. I almost always start with checking revenue bookings for a property's standard room and then call if it won't let me book online.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.