Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Diamond Benefits Question - 2 Pax in 2 Rooms

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2014, 7:28 am
formerly lcag08
Original Poster

I've encountered this 'issue' at other chains, however just wanted to get the official (or unofficial) read out on Hyatts.

I'm taking my mother on a short holiday around Asia and will be staying at a number of Hyatts. While she could stay in my room (twin bed configuration), I've booked a separate room for her. At one property, I've been told that she will not receive Diamond benefits (i.e. breakfast).

If I book my room for 2 guests, which I have, surely she is entitled to my +1 (or up to +3 as per the Hyatt T&Cs) diamond benefits? ... At the end of the day, the hotel is earning MORE revenue by me choosing to book an additional room for her.

Thoughts?
Old Mar 15, 2014, 7:57 am

Other than in the middle east, i have never been asked the name of the second guest in my room and have never had a problem with breakfast or lounge access for the second guest.

Ethically, i think you are fine since you are declaring and paying for two guests in the diamond room. I have the same situation when traveling with non diamond friends.

Btw, no need for twin beds unless you prefer them. My phantom second guest has to sleep in the tub. I get a king bed.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 8:17 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

You'll be fine as long as you make your first room for 2 guests.

You're likely to be fine anyways since most properties will grant status perks for a 2nd room (I've only been denied once in about 10 stays of this type). They are right to not confirm it prior to the stay since it's against T&Cs and would set a precedence. YMMV of course.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: 2.4mm++ AA Plat, Hlt Diam, Hyt Globaist, Mrrt Gold, Gold Pts, MilesForDreams.com, etc.. etal..
Most hotels will give me club access for both rooms and up to 4 breakfasts in hotel restaurant for my room (if no club). We often get two adjoining rooms for the kids and the only problem I have had is at Crystal City in Virginia where they told me they would cover 4 breakfasts but only did 2.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 8:49 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Always book for 2 in each room unless you are being charged extra which in Asia you sometimes are.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 2:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
How can they give you 4 breakfasts for a single room if only 3 guests allowed in a single room?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.