Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

MAUI Hyatt Regency or Andaz @ Wailea given these objectives

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MAUI Hyatt Regency or Andaz @ Wailea given these objectives

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2014, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by catsassy
The valet guys are super friendly, quick and helpful (will supply beach towels, directions, etc).
There are no in and out fees.. flat daily rate $30
Tip them a couple of bucks on pick up!

You can stroll to Wailea shops/ restaurants or take the Andaz shuttle rather than take the car out too.
Hey, thanks CatSassy! :-) You definitely just increased my comfort level with the valet situation.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 9:05 pm

How would you guys rate the grand wailea vs the andaz? Deciding between the two and as a Hilton gold plus two free nite certs, this is hard to pass up for four nights. Don't want to do the Hyatt challenge just to get the upgrades and breakfast....
Old Mar 17, 2014, 3:25 pm

We prefer the Lahaina area to Wailea. If you're up that way hit Star Noodle and Leoda's. Aloha Mixed Plate is very cheap but still good, teriyaki beef with chow mein. None of these are very expensive.

We're headed to a Kapalua Villa in a few weeks, we'll avoid crowds and have kitchen/laundry access. Small suitcase for a week! And I agree with an earlier comment, it's hard to not have a great time in Hawaii.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA GS/1MM, Ritz Carlton Plat
Originally Posted by bez7
We prefer the Lahaina area to Wailea. If you're up that way hit Star Noodle and Leoda's. Aloha Mixed Plate is very cheap but still good, teriyaki beef with chow mein. None of these are very expensive.
+1 for Star Noodle and Aloha Mixed Plate, two of our favorites.

The Grand Wailea is huge, depending on where your room is it can be a hike just to get to the beach. They have a lot of weddings there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.