Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Santa Fe REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Mar 8, 2014, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant

At least I don't find a prior thread.

Second-gen exterior with first-gen interior at more-or-less south end of town. Clean, standard, small indoor pool and tub. Maybe a bit better than average breakfast area. Standard issue breakfast offerings but fresher than some. Not that hard to get to Old Town from hotel. Pretty much brand standard.

If there is a problem it is access (and it is a bit of a problem). Second-tier back from Highway 14, and there is no back way in. Turn in at the Discount Tire store and weave back to the hotel parking lot.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 6:53 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Recently renovated rooms removing carpet. Super soft mattress on beds being sold as the new HP standard. Super lousy pillows. My pillow tolerance is very high and it's only in flea bag motels that I might comment about a poor quality pillow. No clock in room....sold as new HP standard. No wash clothes......not something I care about. I do care about fresh air and the windows do open. The saving grace of AmeriSuites.

Comments are posted after second stay post renovation. Several prior stays and the bedding issues were not present and there was clock in room.

Typing from HP ABQ Uptown after a delightful full nights sleep for first time after several nights in Santa Fe. I've stayed at all Hyatt NM properties at least twice. Gave up airport HP long ago in favor anything Marriott near airport. Now adding Santa Fe to the no go list. Sad, because I really like the GM and staff.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by hedoman
Recently renovated rooms removing carpet. Super soft mattress on beds being sold as the new HP standard. Super lousy pillows. My pillow tolerance is very high and it's only in flea bag motels that I might comment about a poor quality pillow. No clock in room....sold as new HP standard. No wash clothes......not something I care about. I do care about fresh air and the windows do open. The saving grace of AmeriSuites.

Comments are posted after second stay post renovation. Several prior stays and the bedding issues were not present and there was clock in room.

Typing from HP ABQ Uptown after a delightful full nights sleep for first time after several nights in Santa Fe. I've stayed at all Hyatt NM properties at least twice. Gave up airport HP long ago in favor anything Marriott near airport. Now adding Santa Fe to the no go list. Sad, because I really like the GM and staff.
Sad to hear about the bed if they indeed installed softer mattresses.

But I wish all hotels would get rid of the digital clocks. They produce light, so I always turn them over or try to unplug them (which can be nasty/dirty/dusty) to darken the room at night, and on occasion when I didn't think or have time to check, the stupid alarm goes off at some ungodly hour.
59Impala likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
3-night stay starting on 10/14. I didn't book this trip until the weekend before, and hotel inventory was severely lacking.
  • Did OLCI, was offered daily housekeeping as an elite benefit or forego it for points; I chose daily housekeeping
  • Arrived after a 6-hour drive from Denver just before 11pm. Doors were locked, buzzer was broken, and it took about 90 seconds on hold on the phone before anyone appeared at the front desk to let us in.
  • Employee doing the check-in was nice.
  • We got a 2 queen bed room on the 3rd floor. Extremely silly/disingenuous for Hyatt to try to upsell a "high floor room" when it's only 3 floors.
  • Room was spacious, but entering/leaving the room when the sofa bed is out makes it a bit of a challenge. Bathroom sink was slightly clogged. Bed and pillows were fine. We also had an alarm clock with two USB ports (one A and one C).
  • About 15 minutes after check-in, went back to the front desk to verify housekeeping and wanted more towels (there was four of us, and only three sets of towels). The employee simply vanished. I walked around in the back into the employees only area, shouted a few times with no response. I went to a lobby phone, picked it up, and the phones at the front desk and in the offices started ringing. I let it ring for about three minutes with no answer. I gave up.
  • In the morning, I asked the front desk employee about housekeeping, and she said since we didn't verify at check-in, we wouldn't get a refresh. I reiterated that this is technically an elite benefit, but she didn't seem to care. If we wanted new towels, put them outside our door, and they will be replenished.
  • Breakfast area was nice, but packed with people (both Saturday and Sunday mornings). Asked front desk employee for ingredients of the breads, as Miss Swede is allergic to eggs. Employee immediately said all breads contain eggs. We asked to see the ingredients list for the breads, and she refused to provide them.
  • Green chile served with breakfast was the highlight. It was delicious on the roasted potatoes and tasteless scrambled eggs.
  • If you need soy, oat, or almond milk in your Starbucks coffee, don't bother and just go directly to a real Starbucks.
  • After a lovely day in downtown Santa Fe on Saturday, we came back to our hotel room, and housekeeping did not replenish our towels. I called the front desk and asked for four sets of new towels, four shampoos, four conditioners, and four shower gels. Employee promptly came to our room and delivered... four bath towels and four shampoos.
  • I went to the lobby to read a book and request four hand towels and four conditioners at the front desk. She came back with ... four wash cloths, one conditioner, and three shampoos.
  • I also reiterated that I wanted housekeeping on Sunday, and she had to write it down.
  • Twice when we were getting ready on Sunday morning, housekeeping knocked on our door and asked if we were ready for service. We said no. They knocked a third time, and I told them to come back in 45 minutes.
  • Room was refreshed when we returned to the hotel room... complete with three sets of towels.
  • I left a pretty negative on-line survey when provided. I received an e-mail response from the assistant GM, and he basically said, "Sorry. We'll try better next time."
Next time, I'm going to try to plan further ahead and also book a place within walking distance of downtown Santa Fe.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
3-night stay starting on 10/14. I didn't book this trip until the weekend before, and hotel inventory was severely lacking.
  • Did OLCI, was offered daily housekeeping as an elite benefit or forego it for points; I chose daily housekeeping
  • Arrived after a 6-hour drive from Denver just before 11pm. Doors were locked, buzzer was broken, and it took about 90 seconds on hold on the phone before anyone appeared at the front desk to let us in.
  • We got a 2 queen bed room on the 3rd floor. Extremely silly/disingenuous for Hyatt to try to upsell a "high floor room" when it's only 3 floors.
  • Room was spacious, but entering/leaving the room when the sofa bed is out makes it a bit of a challenge. Bathroom sink was slightly clogged. Bed and pillows were fine. We also had an alarm clock with two USB ports (one A and one C).
  • About 15 minutes after check-in, went back to the front desk to verify housekeeping and wanted more towels (there was four of us, and only three sets of towels). The employee simply vanished. I walked around in the back into the employees only area, shouted a few times with no response. I went to a lobby phone, picked it up, and the phones at the front desk and in the offices started ringing. I let it ring for about three minutes with no answer. I gave up.
  • In the morning, I asked the front desk employee about housekeeping, and she said since we didn't verify at check-in, we wouldn't get a refresh. I reiterated that this is technically an elite benefit, but she didn't seem to care. If we wanted new towels, put them outside our door, and they will be replenished.
  • Breakfast area was nice, but packed with people (both Saturday and Sunday mornings). Asked front desk employee for ingredients of the breads, as Miss Swede is allergic to eggs. Employee immediately said all breads contain eggs. We asked to see the ingredients list for the breads, and she refused to provide them.
  • Green chile served with breakfast was the highlight. It was delicious on the roasted potatoes and tasteless scrambled eggs.
  • If you need soy, oat, or almond milk in your Starbucks coffee, don't bother and just go directly to a real Starbucks.
  • After a lovely day in downtown Santa Fe on Saturday, we came back to our hotel room, and housekeeping did not replenish our towels. I called the front desk and asked for four sets of new towels, four shampoos, four conditioners, and four shower gels. Employee promptly came to our room and delivered... four bath towels and four shampoos.
  • I went to the lobby to read a book and request four hand towels and four conditioners at the front desk. She came back with ... four wash cloths, one conditioner, and three shampoos.
  • I also reiterated that I wanted housekeeping on Sunday, and she had to write it down.
  • Twice when we were getting ready on Sunday morning, housekeeping knocked on our door and asked if we were ready for service. We said no. They knocked a third time, and I told them to come back in 45 minutes.
  • Room was refreshed when we returned to the hotel room... complete with three sets of towels.
  • I left a pretty negative on-line survey when provided. I received an e-mail response from the assistant GM, and he basically said, "Sorry. We'll try better next time."
Next time, I'm going to try to plan further ahead and also book a place within walking distance of downtown Santa Fe.
The high floor BS came straight from the property. It's their own creativity.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 3:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Having stayed here as well I am genuinely surprised it’s a Category 2 property. Cash rates are fairly low (usually $100-$120 when we stay), the property isn’t great, I’ve stayed at many better Hyatt places many of them Category 1’s. The only thing this property has going is it’s the only Hyatt within ~an hour drive. So if you’re going to Santa Fe it’d be very tiresome to stay in Albuquerque.

Though due to the price differential (60% cost increase to stay at the HP Santa Fe) and quality differential that’s what we’ve done on our last 2 trips out. We stayed at the HR Albuquerque and drove every other day to Santa Fe. It was absolutely amazing (the stay), I would by far contend that it was the best Category 1 US property. We are genuinely sad that it left the Hyatt portfolio, we would happily travel to New Mexico just to stay there (and for the Green Chile).
Old Oct 30, 2022, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Having stayed here as well I am genuinely surprised it’s a Category 2 property. Cash rates are fairly low (usually $100-$120 when we stay), the property isn’t great, I’ve stayed at many better Hyatt places many of them Category 1’s. The only thing this property has going is it’s the only Hyatt within ~an hour drive. So if you’re going to Santa Fe it’d be very tiresome to stay in Albuquerque.

Though due to the price differential (60% cost increase to stay at the HP Santa Fe) and quality differential that’s what we’ve done on our last 2 trips out. We stayed at the HR Albuquerque and drove every other day to Santa Fe. It was absolutely amazing (the stay), I would by far contend that it was the best Category 1 US property. We are genuinely sad that it left the Hyatt portfolio, we would happily travel to New Mexico just to stay there (and for the Green Chile).
I’m disappointed about the HR Albuquerque as well, it was a great mattress run with a good location. Compared to the less than ideal location of the HP Santa Fe on Cerillos the HP Albuquerque Uptown is a better choice even if the categories were the same. Maybe in the future HP Santa Fe will drop a category.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.