Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Book with Ensemble agent, still get Hyatt points and stay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book with Ensemble agent, still get Hyatt points and stay?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2014, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Ensemble booking, still get Hyatt points and stay?

I just learned this group- Ensemble Travel.
http://www.ensembletravel.com/custom...tel_search.php

The properties there are a little lower than ones in FHR and Virtuoso (some overlaps). But this group seems to the compensatory of FHR and Virtuoso. There are lots of Hyatt Regency/Grand Hyatt/Andaz category 4-6 and some good JW Marriott.

I heard if booking with AMEX FHR or Virtuoso should be fine on getting points and stay from Hyatt / Ritz-Carlton , but not quite sure about this Ensemble Travel.

BTW, anyone knows that if "Luxury Hotels and Resorts Collection" by Chase and "Visa Luxury Hotel Collection" are third party or transparent agent? (Will I get the points and stay from loyalty programs?)

Last edited by gcja; Feb 15, 2014 at 5:20 am
Old Feb 15, 2014, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Or... maybe if someone can recommend an agent at Ensemble Travel, I will reach out directly. Thanks!
Old Feb 15, 2014, 3:14 pm

In all likelihood you will still get points and stay credit. This is true of Virtuoso, Signature, and FHR bookings; so I see no reason why Ensemble would be any different. In general any rate that is not pre-paid through a third party will be eligible for points and stay credit, with few exceptions (Airline crew rates, etc..).
Old Feb 15, 2014, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!

"any rate that is not pre-paid through a third party" are you sure that even if booking with Priceline expedia hotels.com one can still get points and stay credit for the particular hotel rewards program?

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
In all likelihood you will still get points and stay credit. This is true of Virtuoso, Signature, and FHR bookings; so I see no reason why Ensemble would be any different. In general any rate that is not pre-paid through a third party will be eligible for points and stay credit, with few exceptions (Airline crew rates, etc..).
Old Feb 15, 2014, 6:45 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by gcja
Thanks!

"any rate that is not pre-paid through a third party" are you sure that even if booking with Priceline expedia hotels.com one can still get points and stay credit for the particular hotel rewards program?
Priceline ls definitely prepaid through a third party.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Yes, that is what I understand as well.

Does it mean, no matter which “agent” I am using, if I can pay my bills at check out (get a folio for the details of charges) I will get the points and stay credit? Presumably rate is not Airline crew rates and etc.

Originally Posted by peteropny
Priceline ls definitely prepaid through a third party.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by gcja
Does it mean, no matter which “agent” I am using, if I can pay my bills at check out (get a folio for the details of charges) I will get the points and stay credit? Presumably rate is not Airline crew rates and etc.
Any reservation booked and pre-paid on any website other than hyatt.com will not be eligible for points or stay credit.

A Virtuoso, Signature, FHR, or (presumably) Ensemble booking is a booking made for you directly with the hotel by a TA. In this case you will pay the hotel at check out, and will get points and stay credit.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Feb 16, 2014 at 5:31 am
Old Jul 8, 2015, 2:49 am

Programs: LX SEN, A3 Gold, BAEC Silver, HH Dia, CCarlson Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Any reservation booked and pre-paid on any website other than hyatt.com will not be eligible for points or stay credit.

A Virtuoso, Signature, FHR, or (presumably) Ensemble booking is a booking made for you directly with the hotel by a TA. In this case you will pay the hotel at check out, and will get points and stay credit.
Sorry to bring this thread up: I've got the choice either book through hyatt.com resp. ihg.com my hotel of choice or from an European tour operator's homepage for cheaper rate. However, if booked through TO's homepage, still taxes/services need to be settled directly with hotel on check/o.
Will I still get points & stay with hyatt (or ihg if applicable)? Will it then be points based on the paid taxes/services (actually more worried about stay credit) ?

Thanks for any advice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.