Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Herald Square New York Opening in Third Quarter 2014 - PreOpening Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Herald Square New York Opening in Third Quarter 2014 - PreOpening Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2014, 10:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I was reading the work orders that were placed on the front of the building. One major project was to replace the plumbing in the bldg., another 1 st floor renovation, renovation of restaurant/bar/kitchen.

From what I had seen the style building is identical to the Hyatt Place Midtown with that Holiday Inn Express look, about 15 stories. The current website shows these magnificent views of Manhattan, most likely this is only from the rooftop and a small number of rooms.

CAT 6 is a joke... just like CAT 5 for the Hyatt Place Midtown. Wall Street Andaz should be a 5 as well.

Originally Posted by cdmca
i second the remarks about this being cat. 6.

form the looks of the previous Holiday Inn, I don't think the $5-6M they are spending to renovate the property can do much in terms of hardware.

it seems Hyatt is trying a new strategy in NYC, lumping (almost) all their properties in cat 6. i don't see how this is beneficial for the lower end cat 6 properties like Herald sq.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 9:45 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Just reserved for 3 nights after Thksgvg. $274 for MyElite rate. Good price since out go-to the Andaz on 5th is over $500!!! I'll call to appt a DSU later this week.

Looks like the Picts on their site show the lounge "Up on 20" which looks cool BUT can't tell if this will be a lounge like the Grand Hyatt has for upper tiers or if it is a drink lounge like Hyatt Times Square for anyone wanting a view.

Either way I can bail if the folks report that it is more HI than Hyatt.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:34 am

Have a business stay booked here 11/10 - 11/14 will report back. Hopefully they have a nice points promo like Times Square did upon opening. I too am interested in whether or not this hotel will have a lounge.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Dcislander
Looks like the Picts on their site show the lounge "Up on 20" which looks cool BUT can't tell if this will be a lounge like the Grand Hyatt has for upper tiers or if it is a drink lounge like Hyatt Times Square for anyone wanting a view.
I always thought it was odd that only the Grand Hyatt has the Diamond Lounge in NY. You would think with all the other properties available that Hyatt would make another hotel with an elite lounge.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dcislander

Either way I can bail if the folks report that it is more HI than Hyatt.
It's going to be a rooftop bar just like Hyatt Time Sq.

http://heraldsquare.hyatt.com/en/hot.../up-on-20.html
Old Sep 3, 2014, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
$6 million is next to nothing for a renovation for a large property.
Especially in NYC.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Anyone have a DSU confirmed yet? I called yesterday and they saw the availability but could not book it. Said to check back after they open. Anyone else get the same?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Just tried to apply a DSU for a few days after Thanksgiving and was told that the hotel is completely sold out that weekend.

Traveling with wife and 2 boys. My Elite rate was only $280. Unions Sq is $40 more a night but the suite upgrade is only for a Loft room which does not have a separate bedroom.

If only the Andaz on 5th wasn't $500 a night
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:29 pm

Does anyone know what Diamonds can expect in terms of breakfast at this location? I have an opportunity to stay here the weekend it opens in October, but considering that point redemption is equal to all other properties in NYC, I am a bit hesitant.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: American AAdvantage
Anyone else had a problem getting a Passbook for their reservation?
Old Oct 2, 2014, 6:53 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thumbs up

A short block from the Radisson Martinique on W. 32nd. Advantage: Hyatt. There's a good subway station entrance out front of the Radisson. Also good for the Hyatt. Also - it's right in the middle of Korea Town - with lots of a variety of price levels of Korean restaurants - from sit-down white table cloth to rotisserie chicken and one neatly presented dessert one. To say nothing of that Christmas icon on Herald Square.

There are fewer and fewer wishes coming true in travel these days. Hyatt's expansion is one of them - especially in NYC.

Last edited by Firewind; Oct 2, 2014 at 7:01 am
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Firewind
A short block from the Radisson Martinique on W. 32nd. Advantage: Hyatt. There's a good subway station entrance out front of the Radisson. Also good for the Hyatt. Also - it's right in the middle of Korea Town - with lots of a variety of price levels of Korean restaurants - from sit-down white table cloth to rotisserie chicken and one neatly presented dessert one. To say nothing of that Christmas icon on Herald Square.

There are fewer and fewer wishes coming true in travel these days. Hyatt's expansion is one of them - especially in NYC.
Let's hope its not just a dressed up Hyatt Place. Will report back after my business stay there in Nov.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 9:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Looks just like the Hilton Garden Inns in NYC. Surprised they're calling it a full blown Hyatt. Rooms are tiny at under 200 sq ft. Following the competition on award pricing. Hilton jacked all their NYC HGI's to Cat 8 last year. Used to be one of the best bargains in the Hilton system. Now a total rip-off. As is this property at Cat 6.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 12:17 pm

So their 'suite' which sells for ~$600 per night is 224 square feet? Really?
Old Oct 2, 2014, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Oh my god... I had to take a double, triple look! Rooms are 164— to 180-sq.-ft. That is crazy tiny!!!

Originally Posted by Kacee
Looks just like the Hilton Garden Inns in NYC. Surprised they're calling it a full blown Hyatt. Rooms are tiny at under 200 sq ft. Following the competition on award pricing. Hilton jacked all their NYC HGI's to Cat 8 last year. Used to be one of the best bargains in the Hilton system. Now a total rip-off. As is this property at Cat 6.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.