Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Question about the 4 free suite upgrade certs received during Diamond Trial...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2014, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold

Hi all,
I understand you get 4 free suite upgrade certificates when you try out the Diamond Trial. I have 2 questions about these upgrade certificates:

1.) When do they expire if not used?

2.) Do the suite upgrade certificates give you Gand Club/Regency Club access?

Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2014, 4:18 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by doss1
Hi all,
I understand you get 4 free suite upgrade certificates when you try out the Diamond Trial. I have 2 questions about these upgrade certificates:

1.) When do they expire if not used?

2.) Do the suite upgrade certificates give you Gand Club/Regency Club access?

Thanks!

Hello doss1,

Great questions! Thank you for giving us a chance to assist you today.

1. The Diamond Suite Upgrade awards do have an expiration date of 2/28 the following year of your enrollment.

2. Your Diamond status actually grants you Regency Club access so you don't have to use Diamond Suite Upgrades for that amenity.

Feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
Old Jan 13, 2014, 4:46 pm
aku

Programs: UA 1MM, Marr/SPG LT Plat, HH Gold, IC Amb, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5*, BW LT Diam
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge

1. The Diamond Suite Upgrade awards do have an expiration date of 2/28 the following year of your enrollment.

2. Your Diamond status actually grants you Regency Club access so you don't have to use Diamond Suite Upgrades for that amenity.

Thanks for the clarification, Drew! I registered for the Diamond trial a couple of days ago, and my account now shows four Diamond Suite Upgrades, but they have an expiration date of 2/28/2014--next month. How can I have this corrected?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 4:56 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by aku
Thanks for the clarification, Drew! I registered for the Diamond trial a couple of days ago, and my account now shows four Diamond Suite Upgrades, but they have an expiration date of 2/28/2014--next month. How can I have this corrected?
jdoss1,

I am more than happy to assist you with your Gold Passport account. Please PM us your Gold Passport account information, so I can further investigate your expiration dates.

Old Jan 13, 2014, 4:59 pm

Programs: ex-Delta DM (NWA was nice while it lasted), Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by aku
Easy - by applying them to existing reservations you made before 2/28. The reservations can be for anytime after that, but you need to burn through those upgrades by the 28th. And then, here's the good part, on the 28th, you'll get four more for the rest of the year, as long as you made diamond during your trial. One of the best deals around.

Just be sure that for the 4 from this year (those expiring 2.28.14), that you don't change those reservations or you will lose the suite upgrade.

Not really much to correct, really. In effect, you have 8 for the year!
Old Jan 13, 2014, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hello doss1,

Drew,
I am going to try to complete the trial, but do not think I'll use all of the suite certificates. It seems Suites cost more and I wish you could exchange the Suite Certificates for a Club room if you were to fail the trial completion date.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 5:17 pm
aku

Programs: UA 1MM, Marr/SPG LT Plat, HH Gold, IC Amb, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5*, BW LT Diam
Originally Posted by nhwiki
Easy - by applying them to existing reservations you made before 2/28. The reservations can be for anytime after that, but you need to burn through those upgrades by the 28th. And then, here's the good part, on the 28th, you'll get four more for the rest of the year, as long as you made diamond during your trial. One of the best deals around.

Just be sure that for the 4 from this year (those expiring 2.28.14), that you don't change those reservations or you will lose the suite upgrade.

Not really much to correct, really. In effect, you have 8 for the year!
That sounds good--except that it means I would need to (1) complete my Diamond Challenge and (2) make all of my reservations for the year by the end of next month. I guess I can be happy with whatever awards I do use by then, and can look forward to four more that last until February 2015, is that what you're saying?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.