Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gold Passport Promotion and Benefit Review

Hyatt Gold Passport Promotion and Benefit Review

Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by peteropny
Not Jeff Zidell here, obviously, but while you are entitled to 1 night credit, Hyatt computers use checkout date, so it is possible that you'll get 3 nights credit but don't count on it and you won't be able to get it manually credited.
Okay cool good to know. I'll plan things based on only getting 1 and then be pleasantly surprised if I get 3 nights credit.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 5:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by erasmus99
Is there a Canadian credit card in the works?
Same question here.. I'm stuck in oblivion not being able to collect HGP points as an option. And no Hyatt's to visit locally.

Any Hyatt expansion in the works for Alberta? I would certainly be a regular visitor to any brand new Grand/Regency not in Calgary.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 7:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Jeeves
Hyatt Diamonds get free breakfast (or lounge access) and Hyatt Platinums do not.
But it looks like you're saving about $30/night even with the Platinum membership under the new "Elite Status". That should cover more than enough for breakfast each day for the Platinum.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
It appears to be optional with the hotel whether or not it is offered. However, I do tend to stay at higher level Hyatts and maybe those are the ones least likely to honor it.
Curiously, I made a couple of res at HR Kyoto for peak periods, and on one date the only rates offered were Guaranteed Availability and My Elite, which was 20% off the Guaranteed Availability rate. On another date, the discounted My Elite rate was the ONLY RATE OFFERED! I'm still checking frequently for one more date on which the only rate currently offered is the Guaranteed Availability rate.

My only real grip right now is why is the My Elite rate only good for this year? Is this a temporary benefit to offset the disappointment with the devaluation? I'm already making some reservations for early Jan 2015, and it would have been nice to have a My Elite rate for next year.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 9:51 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

The hotels I checked were the Andaz Amsterdam, GH Macau, PH Seoul, and HR Houston. Of those four, it was only available at the Andaz Amsterdam for the dates I had booked.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
The hotels I checked were the Andaz Amsterdam, GH Macau, PH Seoul, and HR Houston. Of those four, it was only available at the Andaz Amsterdam for the dates I had booked.
Makes more sense to use C&P or Points only at the PH Seoul anyway.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Availability seems very volatile. I spot checked a few dates at PHV on the first day and found My Elite rates on each date, but then found none the next day.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.