Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2014, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
Effective 7 Jan 2014, Hyatt Gold Passport offers bookings for a combination of points and cash for standard rooms. The points required are half of the points required for an all-points reservation. The following is a list of the points required plus co-pay for the 8 categories.

Cat 1 2,500 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 2 4,000 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 3 6,000 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 4 7,500 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 5 10,000 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 6 12,500 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 7 15,000 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 8 20,000 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate

1) As of November 2015, these rates can be booked online. In some cases, using a corporate code may cause them not to be shown.

2) Availability is determined by the property; some properties almost always have availability, while other properties apparently never have.

3) Points are normally deducted at time of booking; cash portion is paid to the hotel at checkout.

4) If you cancel the reservation online, the points are usually but not always automatically re-credited; may be necessary to call/contact.

5) Only available for standard rooms, not for higher room categories, Club floor rooms, etc.

6) All elite tier benefits apply, and Diamond suite upgrades may be applied if available.

7) Stay and night credits are applicable for elite qualification and also for promotions; cash portion earns points as qualified hotel spend.

8) For non-US properties, the US dollar co-pay may be converted to the foreign currency at the time the reservation is made. Sometimes the conversion rate is set for the whole year, so may be more or less than the current exchange rate.

9) The cash co-pay is inclusive of taxes and "service" charges for properties that quote their rates as inclusive of T&S. If rates do not normally include T&S, the cash portion is subject to the T&S charges.
Print Wikipost

Points & Cash - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, AA
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Not a chance.
Thanks. I thought so, but just wanted to make sure.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Kugkai8
I was wondering if I sandwiched a free night-on points- between two nights P&C, would it count as two stays?
you would need to check in to a different hotel in and then check back in.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Kugkai8
I was wondering if I sandwiched a free night-on points- between two nights P&C, would it count as two stays?
I think your only chance would be if you booked the middle "meat" night, in your companions name, and actually checked out. I haven't tried this, but have pondered it. How to maximize a Diamond challenge, with 2 people and a 24 night stay. Not for the weak at heart.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, AA
Thanks for the suggestions, we decided to change hotels on the third night.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 1:50 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Points and Cash is nice IF its available... Trying the GH Taipei and they have no P&C dates avail in July or Aug ... NONE! Nothing until the 5th of Sept.

Kinda misleading to advertise the benefit if there isnt anything available 4-5 months out.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Thanks for the heads up on this--we were able to call and convert an upcoming stay (one night award, one night revenue) to 2 nights of P&C, getting the suite upgrade we'd had for both nights now and saving $100!
Old Jan 23, 2014, 2:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Redeemed a P&C booking for the GH Berlin yesterday and really surprised how nice this is: 7500+74€ for two persons for Club room, that I could only get for about 178-198€ depending on the best corporate or prepaid rates I could find. Assuming a 1cpm value, the room price comes to aprox 130€. Since I applied a suite upgrade on top thats a killer value.

PS: Yes, I've read the reviews of the GH Berlin
Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:21 am

I am told that Park Hyatt Maldives dont participate in P+C reservation. Could someone confirm this? I was planning on few nights if it was possible..
Old Jan 24, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Got a P+C booking for 3 nights at the Andaz 5th Avenue in March. Good availability!
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by britishcanuck
Got a P+C booking for 3 nights at the Andaz 5th Avenue in March. Good availability!
I booked today for mid-May. Had availability both 3 day stretches I was looking at plus Diamond Suite Upgrade into Splash Suite.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pickles1107
I booked today for mid-May. Had availability both 3 day stretches I was looking at plus Diamond Suite Upgrade into Splash Suite.
I'm about to start a Diamond challenge and will look to apply my DSU to the Splash Suite for the three days also!
Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:42 pm

Points + Cash availability seems scarce at Park Hyatt Chicago for the dates in May I checked. Finally found a 3 days stretch that would work, and got confirmation that the Park Suite was available as well, but then had two different phone agents tell me that Diamond Suite Upgrades were not eligible to be used on P+C rates.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 10:35 pm

I forgot to mention something that I stumbled upon when making the P+C res at Andaz 5th Ave: There may be P+C availability for premium rooms even though P+C is unavailable for standard rooms.
For the second grouping of dates I was looking at, the agent told me that P+C was unavailable for standard rooms as the standards were all sold out, but allowed me to use P+C in conjunction with a DSU as the splash suite was available.

I had assumed that availability at the base room level would be a prerequisite for availability when using a DSU, but that appears not to be the case.^
Old Jan 26, 2014, 7:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pickles1107
I forgot to mention something that I stumbled upon when making the P+C res at Andaz 5th Ave: There may be P+C availability for premium rooms even though P+C is unavailable for standard rooms.
For the second grouping of dates I was looking at, the agent told me that P+C was unavailable for standard rooms as the standards were all sold out, but allowed me to use P+C in conjunction with a DSU as the splash suite was available.

I had assumed that availability at the base room level would be a prerequisite for availability when using a DSU, but that appears not to be the case.^
This is very good news for Diamond Members utilizing P+C. The P+C rate for the hotel is set.

Is one able to traditionally pay for a higher room category at Hyatt using a DSU? I know that Fairmont use to go by only base room availability, for upgrade to suite.. it can be gold floor, higher room category paid for, resulting in different suite designations.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 8:23 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Booked a P+C stay for the first time today..... and was very surprised, not only was the rate available but the agent asked me if I would also liked to use a suite upgrade. Even when no suite availability was shown through the booking engine for my stay...

The confirmation now reads: Rate Information - HYATT GOLD PASSPORT POINTS PLUS CASH AWARD COMBINED W/ TIER BENEFIT SUITE UPGRADE AWARD

So they must have figured out this combination by now :-).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.