Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2014, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
Effective 7 Jan 2014, Hyatt Gold Passport offers bookings for a combination of points and cash for standard rooms. The points required are half of the points required for an all-points reservation. The following is a list of the points required plus co-pay for the 8 categories.

Cat 1 2,500 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 2 4,000 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 3 6,000 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 4 7,500 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 5 10,000 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 6 12,500 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 7 15,000 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 8 20,000 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate

1) As of November 2015, these rates can be booked online. In some cases, using a corporate code may cause them not to be shown.

2) Availability is determined by the property; some properties almost always have availability, while other properties apparently never have.

3) Points are normally deducted at time of booking; cash portion is paid to the hotel at checkout.

4) If you cancel the reservation online, the points are usually but not always automatically re-credited; may be necessary to call/contact.

5) Only available for standard rooms, not for higher room categories, Club floor rooms, etc.

6) All elite tier benefits apply, and Diamond suite upgrades may be applied if available.

7) Stay and night credits are applicable for elite qualification and also for promotions; cash portion earns points as qualified hotel spend.

8) For non-US properties, the US dollar co-pay may be converted to the foreign currency at the time the reservation is made. Sometimes the conversion rate is set for the whole year, so may be more or less than the current exchange rate.

9) The cash co-pay is inclusive of taxes and "service" charges for properties that quote their rates as inclusive of T&S. If rates do not normally include T&S, the cash portion is subject to the T&S charges.
Print Wikipost

Points & Cash - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:00 pm
Community Director Emerita

I made a C+P booking at a European hotel yesterday. The cash portion for the category 6 hotel was quoted in euros, with the exchange rate valid as of yesterday.

111.00 per Night/per Room
227.20 EUR Total Per Room

Evidently, there is an additional fee in the second line for the 2 night stay. I'll be curious to see if the rate remains fixed at the 111 euros even if the currency exchange has moved on the day of my actual stay.

I really like the benefits that others have listed:
- stay credit
- ability to use suite upgrade
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:38 pm
zh

Programs: TK *G, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond,UA Silver
I booked at the PH in Istanbul on c+p. The $125 usd converted to 92 euros.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
I hope to make point/cash reservations in one of those nice Cat 6/7 properties this year.

But in the mean time I converted two of my upcoming stays, changed a Cat 2 from all points, and changed a Cat 1 from all cash

Hyatt will get slightly higher cash revs from me, and I'll get an extra stay/night credit and make it up to 5 nights during the current bonus
Old Jan 8, 2014, 5:20 pm

Not to be really picky, but I would like to note that Hyatt calls this rate "Points + Cash", and not "Cash + Points".
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by KevinInRI
Unfortunately in my case it seems like tax is added onto the cash portion of the C&P rate as with any other cash only stay. For my stay at the Hyatt Regency Tokyo it says on my reservation:

Nightly Rate per Room:
7,702.00 JAPANESE YEN
Type of Rate: POINTS PLUS CASH
Rate Information: HYATT GOLD PASSPORT POINTS PLUS CASH AWARD - Standard guarantee/cancel policy applies.
CANCELLATION POLICY:
CANCEL BY 2PM 24 HOURS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL
Additional Tax & Service Charges
5.50% tax + 10.00% Service Charge
Other Charges 200JPY OCC TAX PER PERSON PER NIGHT
So it would seem that VAT or similar taxes are included in the rate if the hotel normally displays their rates inclusive of those taxes, but not included if the hotel normally displays rates exclusive of taxes.

Bad news for US and Tokyo properties, good news for Europe, Kyoto, etc.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 2:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT
How's the availability in general? Tried several HK properties, none offers C+P.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:59 am

I found this for some Australia hotels, but it took them a couple of days to be loaded. Be patient.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 10:40 am
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
I know no one likes devaluation of points or programs, but this new add on, especially for Diamond seems great......a very nice perk. Yes or no?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Originally Posted by keepssmile
How's the availability in general? Tried several HK properties, none offers C+P.
I believe this type of booking is only available over the phone with Hyatt gold passport.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
I think Hyatt knows what they're doing with C&P. Pre-deval, I blew about 1 million GHP. Post deval, I switched a few weeks to C&P and they're going to see a few thousand in revenue from me AND now I have 200k points back and looking to give them more money to use up those points instead of holding.

Hook, line, and sinker...
Old Jan 10, 2014, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sam_goh
I think Hyatt knows what they're doing with C&P. Pre-deval, I blew about 1 million GHP. Post deval, I switched a few weeks to C&P and they're going to see a few thousand in revenue from me AND now I have 200k points back and looking to give them more money to use up those points instead of holding.

Hook, line, and sinker...
On the other hand you have to realize one thing: This is for people who like to stretch their points!

If it doesn't make any economical sense then we won't do it. Which means the Cat 7 properties are nonsense. Even the Cat 6 where a decent corporate rate should get you close to the cash amount sans points.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:53 am
Original Poster

I just cancelled online a points + cash reservation I had made earlier this week. The points did not automatically redeposit. I had to call. Long wait, but they were put back.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Just changed my rez for the Andaz5th in New York from points to P+C and added a suite upgrade. Sweet!

Surprised to find no P+C inventory for HR Maui several months out, but maybe that will change. Room rate is low which suggests demand is also low.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Made a C&P Res for the Hyatt Regency Tokyo.

So far so good, but the first suite upgrade for the HR is available mid march. Crazy! But it will be alright, before and after I'm at the PHT.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 7:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by 4aks
I believe this type of booking is only available over the phone with Hyatt gold passport.
I called, but nada... maybe just bad luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.