Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

My elite rate- MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OsakaWino
From the T&C:

1. My Elite Rate is valid for Platinum and Diamond members.

2. Non-transferrable.

3. For stays from January 7, 2014 through December 31, 2014.

4. 20% off the Hyatt Daily Rate for single or double occupancy.

4. Extra guests subject to additional charges.

5. Limited number of rooms allocated to this promotion.

From the FAQ:

My Elite Rate is an Eligible Rate; members earn points as well as credit toward elite tier status and promotions.

Other:

My Elite rate is eligible for use with Diamond suite upgrades, but not for point upgrades.

Availability varies widely. Some hotels seem to offer the My Elite Rate whenever the Hyatt Daily Rate is available for a standard room; others never seem to offer it.

If the My Elite Rate will not display on your mobile app, etc., type or paste ELITRT in the special offer code box.

The My Elite Rate will normally not display if you have selected a special rate such as AAA or Senior/AARP. However, you can display both the My Elite Rate and your selected special rate by typing or pasting ELITRT in the special offer code box.

Some hotels in Asia that have a different Hyatt Daily Rate for single and double occupancy have had an error in the My Elite Rate so that the discount is only applied to single occupancy. If you see a My Elite Rate that is discounted by less than 20% from the Hyatt Daily Rate for double occupancy, this is probably the cause. Contact HGP or the Concierge here on FT to have it corrected; local reservation centers in Asia cannot correct this.
Print Wikipost

My elite rate- MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:40 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID RAZR Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-16) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

GP conceirge has confirmed that the elite rate is eligible for upgrades and I was misinformed. Just in case anyone wanted to know.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC
So far so good. A positive and welcome change. ^
Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by BayAreaTraveler
So far so good. A positive and welcome change. ^
exactly... I don't understand why there are so many negative Nancys wearing their tinfoil hat. In many cases, the elite rate at properties appears to be lower than the corporate rate I use. Seems like a good deal all the way around for elites and another way for them to incentivize folks to stay more at hyatt... even more so for those who pay their own way.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Perhaps it's just Waikiki, which is my only point of reference, but my corp rate just got loaded and it's still lower than any rate I could find on hyatt.com (or anywhere else).

Of course, I'll use it when it's to my advantage, I just don't like they raised the other rates when they loaded the elite rates.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Perhaps it's just Waikiki, which is my only point of reference, but my corp rate just got loaded and it's still lower than any rate I could find on hyatt.com (or anywhere else).
...which is not really surprising.

A corporate rate that is only 10% better than a publicly available rate should be renegotiated asap.

And all the folks who celebrate the greatness of My Elite Rate will start complaining during the next Flash Sale, when a 30% discount on the daily rate will be offered.

But as long as there is some value for some folks, albeit in a low one digit range, Hyatt achieved what they wanted; the huge devaluations are almost forgotten. @:-)
Old Jan 7, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Originally Posted by FD1971
And all the folks who celebrate the greatness of My Elite Rate will start complaining during the next Flash Sale, when a 30% discount on the daily rate will be offered.
The great thing is the rate is flexible...

All but one of my advance reservations were changed to the new Elite rate, however I am still checking every few days just in case a property specific promo comes out, much like the Jersey City offer last week...
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FD1971

Personally, I'd rather have this than a 30% flash sale -- I get about 20% off the Hyatt Daily Rate, plus it's not a pre-paid rate which 1. lets me change/cancel the reservation and 2. lets me use a Hyatt Gift Card/Cert which gets me an additional 10% off (which is difficult if not impossible to do on pre-paid stays). So although this only works out to 28% savings vs. 30%, I'd gladly give up a 2% savings to have the flexibility to change/cancel my reservations!
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, DL PM, AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by antonius66
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID RAZR Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-16) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

GP conceirge has confirmed that the elite rate is eligible for upgrades and I was misinformed. Just in case anyone wanted to know.
Just to confirm, this means you can apply Diamond Suite Upgrade certs to the elite rate?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Was anyone able to get an elite rate for Andaz Maui? It did not work for me.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Avis First
Does anyone have an example hotel and dates to try ? I've tried several and can't get the "My Elite Rate" tab to show up.

Edited - It seems that selecting AAA rates under special rates causes the new rates not to show up.

Last edited by steve65341; Jan 7, 2014 at 2:08 pm
Old Jan 7, 2014, 2:08 pm

Does it show you discount for elite rates? I only see normal rates, no discount?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Etcd21
Just to confirm, this means you can apply Diamond Suite Upgrade certs to the elite rate?
Yes. Confirmed for me twice by GP concierge.

As for some people (presumably me among them) being negative. I am stating that I see HUGE value in this rate right now. However, just being logical...Hyatt is doing great on rates and occupancy, as evidenced by reduction in promos, G bonuses, public filings, etc. There is NO reason a publicly traded company is going to say "we are doing great right now...lets give a very large %age of our customers an additional reduction in our rates, AND offer them free cancellation, in effect reducing our ADR by 5-15%!" It makes ZERO sense.

If you think that over time, rates won't creep up a little to make up for elite rates, you are being naďve IMO. I think the elite rate may likely remain the best option aside from some corporate rates overall, but people only think it is a GREAT deal right now, because there are so many EXISTING reservations that have rates from before booked in. It SEEMS cheaper because many reservations from 1,2, 6 months ago have rates that compare as being higher. In 6 months when that has vanished, you won't be able to see the more "expensive" rates against the elite rate. The elite rate may still be the best option, but without a frame of reference, you will have no way of knowing if they didn't inflate rates a little to compensate.

I like the rate, and expect it to be useful to me, I don't seriously expect Hyatt to have offered me an additional 10% off for being Diamond. It makes less than no sense. The privately held Hyatt of years past? Maybe. The publicly traded Hyatt (or any company similarly situated for that matter) of today? No way.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Just to add to the examples:

At Hyatt Dulles, where I stay frequently, a typical, widely available refundable rate in the past for AAA/Costco discounts has been $71.10.

The Elite Rate which shows for many upcoming dates in Jan is now $71.20, and AAA/Costco rates for the same dates have now increased to $80.10
Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:43 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
I checked 5 random dates in the future for the Andaz Maui, and none had the elite rate available. Can a hotel opt out of this program?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fishy21
I checked 5 random dates in the future for the Andaz Maui, and none had the elite rate available. Can a hotel opt out of this program?
I think it is optional which nights they offer this rate or not. However, I definitely saw some nights where the my elite rate was available for the Andaz Maui (and was quite a good rate!)

December 19-21:
  • My Elite: $359.20
  • Advance Purchase: $404.10
  • AAA: $404.10
  • Andaz Rate (Hyatt Daily): $449.00

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.