Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

My elite rate- MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OsakaWino
From the T&C:

1. My Elite Rate is valid for Platinum and Diamond members.

2. Non-transferrable.

3. For stays from January 7, 2014 through December 31, 2014.

4. 20% off the Hyatt Daily Rate for single or double occupancy.

4. Extra guests subject to additional charges.

5. Limited number of rooms allocated to this promotion.

From the FAQ:

My Elite Rate is an Eligible Rate; members earn points as well as credit toward elite tier status and promotions.

Other:

My Elite rate is eligible for use with Diamond suite upgrades, but not for point upgrades.

Availability varies widely. Some hotels seem to offer the My Elite Rate whenever the Hyatt Daily Rate is available for a standard room; others never seem to offer it.

If the My Elite Rate will not display on your mobile app, etc., type or paste ELITRT in the special offer code box.

The My Elite Rate will normally not display if you have selected a special rate such as AAA or Senior/AARP. However, you can display both the My Elite Rate and your selected special rate by typing or pasting ELITRT in the special offer code box.

Some hotels in Asia that have a different Hyatt Daily Rate for single and double occupancy have had an error in the My Elite Rate so that the discount is only applied to single occupancy. If you see a My Elite Rate that is discounted by less than 20% from the Hyatt Daily Rate for double occupancy, this is probably the cause. Contact HGP or the Concierge here on FT to have it corrected; local reservation centers in Asia cannot correct this.
Print Wikipost

My elite rate- MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I just tried again and I was able to book MER. I checked for a reservation that I'm holding, and the rate is still available.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mmgm
That experience makes me think it will not be available next year.
What made you think that it would be available next year? All of the documentation has said 2014 from the start.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:09 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
I could hope, couldn't i?
I assumed Hyatt would evaluate it to see if it would be continued for another year.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 7:05 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Still waiting for news about MER being available for 2015...should i still hang onto the thin thread of hope or should i just booking for 2015 with HH?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 7:17 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
I was told today at a hotel that had MER this year would not have it next year. So I suspect the decision is no for next year.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 7:28 pm

I was told today at a hotel that had MER this year would not have it next year. So I suspect the decision is no for next year.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Ditto. I heard the same rumor. It's not confirmed, but it doesn't look good
Old Oct 18, 2014, 1:00 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I think it would be rather a significant loss of face for GP when after just one year they would loose both MER and P+C..... and rather stupid too if you enhance the program one year and have to rollback the next.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 1:45 pm

They are getting rid of P+C? I had been told there were PC reservations open for next year.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 2:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

There have been reports of properties opting out of P+C entirely..... Maybe not a property wide statement, but if one does others are sure to follow.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RTW1
I think it would be rather a significant loss of face for GP when after just one year they would loose both MER and P+C..... and rather stupid too if you enhance the program one year and have to rollback the next.
I have said all along that I thought that these were just temporary measures to placate people in the wake of last years big devaluations. I am honestly surprised to see C+P continue on in any form.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 1:20 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Pretty easy for me: Even more business to LHW instead of Hyatt.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Too early to know I know; but My Elite Rate not offered for any of the seven nights I've booked in January. But I did book several at geezer rates, which got scarce in 2014 when the hotel had an MER available.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:21 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by hailstorm
I have said all along that I thought that these were just temporary measures to placate people in the wake of last years big devaluations. I am honestly surprised to see C+P continue on in any form.
I recently received my Diamond pack. There is an insert that alerts you to the new benefits viz. MER, P+C and extended time to points expiry. The MER benefit explicitly states it's for 2014 while the P+C does not.

My reading of these tea leaves is that P+C will continue to be offered for the foreseeable future.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
I just got off the phone with the Hyatt Diamond Line and the phone representative told me that a My Elite Rate cannot be combined with a Diamond Suite Upgrade - is this true?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.