Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Can I Book Using Points Without Having the Points?

Old Dec 28, 2013, 7:44 am
Original Poster

I'm planning a trip and want to book using the credit card free nights and also points. The trouble is I don't have either at this point but I will by the time of the stay.

Will I be able to book the room now even though I have neither the free nights or points at this time?
Old Dec 28, 2013, 8:13 am

Programs: ex-Delta DM (NWA was nice while it lasted), Hyatt Diamond
Used to be the case as a Diamond you could. These days, the points get taken out at the time of the reservation, so I don't think you can anymore.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 9:29 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You can if you call GP, but you may have to be a Diamond member (not sure, as I am one). I was able to do this with Andaz Papagayo a while ago and when my points posted, it put them towards that stay.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 9:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just got approval from Hyatt Concierge on Twitter that you can; however, you must call in.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the update!
Would I be able to do so even though I am only Platinum?
Old Dec 28, 2013, 11:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by milemonkey
Thanks for the update!
Would I be able to do so even though I am only Platinum?
Yes, I believe so, as no terms were mentioned, but just give them a quick call and they should be able to answer that immediately!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.