China Trip, May 2014

Old Dec 25, 2013, 11:17 am
Suspended
Original Poster

China Trip, May 2014

Trying to figure out what the best use of points are for a China trip this coming may. I have right around 90k Hyatt points.

I'll be in PEK for 5 nights and HKG for 4.

Option A: Use all my points for PEK stays
I see the PH is 18k/night on points. The Grand Hyatt is also 18k/night. Which is better from a tourist perspective? I will have a driver so I'm not worried about proximity to public transport. I would like to be as central as possible though.

Option B: Use all my points for HKG stays
It looks like for HKG I have four options. Not familiar with HKG at all. Best route as far as: best use of points, best location, and luxury.

Basically, new to the Hyatt brand but I have points to use. Looking for best use of points.

Thanks!
Old Dec 25, 2013, 12:09 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Use your points where it saves you the most money, depending on the rates you would need to pay.

For PEK the location doesn't matter that much, both hotels are not that far apart. The GH is within walking distance from the hidden city though. Most prefer the PH but I rather like the GH with it's great lounge and amazing pool.

For HKG the GH is hard to beat....(what's the 4th option?)
Old Dec 25, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
You will almost certainly find that your points will give you more value in HK. You can get a nice room in Beijing for less than in HK, so if you don't have enough points to get free nights in both locations you should probably use the ones you have in HK. I prefer the Hyatt in TST. As for Beijing, you can get very good rates right now. I just stayed at the St. Regis for under $200/night...
Old Dec 25, 2013, 11:48 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by pricesquire
Trying to figure out what the best use of points are for a China trip this coming may. I have right around 90k Hyatt points.

I'll be in PEK for 5 nights and HKG for 4.

Option A: Use all my points for PEK stays
I see the PH is 18k/night on points. The Grand Hyatt is also 18k/night. Which is better from a tourist perspective? I will have a driver so I'm not worried about proximity to public transport. I would like to be as central as possible though.

Option B: Use all my points for HKG stays
It looks like for HKG I have four options. Not familiar with HKG at all. Best route as far as: best use of points, best location, and luxury.

Basically, new to the Hyatt brand but I have points to use. Looking for best use of points.

Thanks!
The GH PEK is undergoing room renovations at the moment. Not sure if it will be finished by May, but i would call them before booking anything. The Club Lounge now is temporarly moved to the Basement where the business center is located. The new renovated rooms look pretty nice though, as the previous ones were really getting worn off.

As for HK - GH is nice for the renovated rooms, the bathrooms are still the old style. Also if you have a harbour view room it might be noisy due to constructions works infront of the hotel. Don't go for the Hyatt Regency Shatin, too far. Normally I stay either GH or Hyatt in TST which I find more convenient. Down side - they do a lot of rooms for tour groups, so it can get crowded at times.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 11:58 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Hi is far more expensive.

Enjoy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.