Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gift Certificate/Card Changes 2014

Old Dec 23, 2013, 12:28 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Greetings FlyerTalk Members,

As of January 8, 2014, Hyatt Stay Certificates will be replaced by Hyatt Nights Certificates, which are available for bulk purchase by registered businesses only. Hyatt Nights certificates are not available to the general public and are intended for use as corporate incentives, employee engagement, consumer loyalty, credit card redemption programs and auction packages. Hyatt will continue to honor Hyatt Stay Certificates through the expiration date printed on each certificate and subject to all terms and conditions applicable to such certificates.

Hyatt Nights certificates are sold in single-night increments and offer last room availability at participating Hyatt hotels worldwide when a standard room is available. Businesses interested in purchasing Hyatt Nights certificates may get more information at www.hyattincentiverewards.com. Participating Hyatt hotels and designated Hyatt Nights redemption levels can be viewed at http://hyattincentiverewards.com/Par...Locations.aspx.

Hyatt Weekend Certificates and Hyatt Spa Certificates sales will be discontinued on January 7, 2014, and participating hotels will accept existing certificates through April 30th, 2015.

Consumers may purchase Hyatt Gift Cards, Hyatt Check Certificates and newly available Hyatt eGift Cards, which are designed for purchase as gifts for friends, colleagues or loved ones. These are easy to use, cover any fees (such as resort fees) and often do not expire.

As of December 18, 2013, Hyatt eGift Cards are available for purchase on Hyatt.com. Hyatt eGift Cards are like traditional plastic Hyatt Gift Cards and valid at all Hyatt hotels in the United States, Canada and Caribbean toward the purchase of room charges, restaurants, spas and more, but they are also instantly delivered by email, incur no shipping and handling charges, provide Hyatt-branded design options or photo upload options, and can be redeemed by smartphone, tablet or printing.

Safe travels,
Old Dec 23, 2013, 3:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First

boo !!!!!

not only did Hyatt drastically raise the price a few months ago, but now won't allow individuals to buy certs.........expect to have VERY few nights in Hyatt's due to these continued anti-Guest moves....

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Greetings FlyerTalk Members,

As of January 8, 2014, Hyatt Stay Certificates will be replaced by Hyatt Nights Certificates, which are available for bulk purchase by registered businesses only. Hyatt Nights certificates are not available to the general public and are intended for use as corporate incentives, employee engagement, consumer loyalty, credit card redemption programs and auction packages. Hyatt will continue to honor Hyatt Stay Certificates through the expiration date printed on each certificate and subject to all terms and conditions applicable to such certificates.

Hyatt Nights certificates are sold in single-night increments and offer last room availability at participating Hyatt hotels worldwide when a standard room is available. Businesses interested in purchasing Hyatt Nights certificates may get more information at www.hyattincentiverewards.com. Participating Hyatt hotels and designated Hyatt Nights redemption levels can be viewed at http://hyattincentiverewards.com/Par...Locations.aspx.

Hyatt Weekend Certificates and Hyatt Spa Certificates sales will be discontinued on January 7, 2014, and participating hotels will accept existing certificates through April 30th, 2015.

Consumers may purchase Hyatt Gift Cards, Hyatt Check Certificates and newly available Hyatt eGift Cards, which are designed for purchase as gifts for friends, colleagues or loved ones. These are easy to use, cover any fees (such as resort fees) and often do not expire.

As of December 18, 2013, Hyatt eGift Cards are available for purchase on Hyatt.com. Hyatt eGift Cards are like traditional plastic Hyatt Gift Cards and valid at all Hyatt hotels in the United States, Canada and Caribbean toward the purchase of room charges, restaurants, spas and more, but they are also instantly delivered by email, incur no shipping and handling charges, provide Hyatt-branded design options or photo upload options, and can be redeemed by smartphone, tablet or printing.

Safe travels,
Old Dec 23, 2013, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Oh well. Thanks for the memories.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Terrible. Looks like I'll be shifting more of my stays elsewhere. No point in paying inflated prices.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 5:05 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I'm disappointed but not surprised since I've always said that these stay Certs were for corporate incentives and not for individual use. For a long time, they were used by people who knew but not really openly discussed but lately they've been publicized in various blogs etc so it was only a matter of time until they were severely restricted.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 5:09 pm

Wow...I never use these but I know why some people like them. Unreal. Any GOOD news lately Hyatt?
Old Dec 23, 2013, 5:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
I knew about them, and not through any blog, as Hyatt had a website for info, rates and purchase ..........and I'm certainly not even a big Hyatt user (since constructing the Hyatt in Sharm) having only stayed at the PH Hamburg this year and next year using one of these weekend certs at the GH San Francisco and then a night at Boston Harbor before an early flight south.....

Originally Posted by peteropny
I'm disappointed but not surprised since I've always said that these stay Certs were for corporate incentives and not for individual use. For a long time, they were used by people who knew but not really openly discussed but lately they've been publicized in various blogs etc so it was only a matter of time until they were severely restricted.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 6:05 pm

I might be interested in the Hyatt Nights Certificates, however, the links in your post do not show anything to do with the new certificates, only information about the old programs.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 6:18 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
he giveth... and he taketh away.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 7:17 pm

So does the gift card 10% discount through 12/31/13 not apply to the e-gift cards?
Old Dec 23, 2013, 8:11 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
It would be great if you can now allow us to use gift cards (e-gift cards and regular gift cards) at international properties now... @:-)
Old Dec 25, 2013, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Expiration date?
Stay Certificates: Things To Know

* Hyatt Stay Certificates do not expire.
https://www.certificates.hyatt.com/
Old Dec 25, 2013, 4:28 am

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
I think the new bulk sale version will expire.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
I can understand folks' disappointment. However, it seems the certs were never really intended for consumers and the significant discounts must have assumed a certain spoilage . The use as a discount on personal stays, with reservations secured before the certs were actually purchased, clearly was not intended by Hyatt and they now have closed this loophole.

On the bright side, we can look forward to the new 20% elite discount!
Old Dec 25, 2013, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1fan
I think the new bulk sale version will expire.
But the concierge was talking about the current version

Hyatt will continue to honor Hyatt Stay Certificates through the expiration date printed on each certificate and subject to all terms and conditions applicable to such certificates.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.