Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gold Passport Endless Possibilities Promotion (1/15-4/30/14 reg opens 1/9/14)

Hyatt Gold Passport Endless Possibilities Promotion (1/15-4/30/14 reg opens 1/9/14)

Old Dec 17, 2013, 8:59 am
Company Representative - Gold Passport by Hyatt
Original Poster

Hello FlyerTalk Members,

Get ready – our latest Hyatt Gold Passport promotion is coming soon!

Beginning January 15, 2014, there will be more ways to reward yourself with our Hyatt Gold Passport® Endless Possibilities promotion. You can earn a free night or thousands of bonus points after every five nights you stay with us by April 30.

Choose Free Nights
Earn a free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel worldwide after every five nights. Enjoy 4 free nights after you stay a maximum of 20 nights. Redeem your free nights with no blackout dates through July 31, 2014.

Or, Choose Bonus Points
Earn 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after your first five nights and thousands more for every additional five nights. After 20 nights, you’ll earn 50,000 bonus points. Here’s how the points add up:

Stay 5 Nights, Earn +5,000 Points = 5,000 Total Points Earned
Stay 10 Nights, Earn +10,000 Points = 15,000 Total Points Earned
Stay 15 Nights, Earn +15,000 Points = 30,000 Total Points Earned
Stay 20 Nights, Earn +20,000 Points = 50,000 Total Points Earned

So which will you choose — free nights or bonus points?

Registration begins on January 9, 2014, for stays from January 15, 2014 through April 30, 2014.

Complete Terms and Conditions

Hyatt Gold Passport Promotion (“Promotion”) Terms and Conditions

ELIGIBILITY/HOW TO REGISTER: To participate in this Promotion, you must be a Hyatt Gold Passport member and register for this Promotion. New and current member online registration begins January 9, 2014 by registering at goldpassport.com/possibilities and ends March 31, 2014.

SELECTION OF OFFER: To participate, you must register for one (1) of the offers described below: (a) Free Night Offer or (b) Bonus Point Offer (collectively “Offers”). You may not register for both Offers. You will not be permitted to change your Offer selection after you have made your selection.

PROMOTION PERIOD: Promotion begins January 15, 2014 and ends April 30, 2014 (“Promotion Period”).

GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS: To participate in either Offer of this Promotion and receive these Free Night Awards or Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points, you must be a Hyatt Gold Passport member, register for the Promotion, select which Offer you would like, provide your Hyatt Gold Passport membership number at reservation/check-in, be a registered guest physically occupying the room to which you are registered, and pay an Eligible Rate (as defined in the Hyatt Gold Passport program terms and conditions).

ELIGIBLE NIGHTS: For the purpose of these Offers, an “Eligible Night” shall be defined as one (1) night at any participating Hyatt hotel or resort during the Promotion Period when choosing points or miles and paying an Eligible Rate (as defined in the Hyatt Gold Passport program Terms and Conditions). Eligible Nights at participating MGM Resorts International property are limited to those nights during the Promotion Period for which (i) the payment is made directly to a participating M life resorts, (ii) the stay is booked through hyatt.com, or (iii) the stay is booked through a Hyatt Worldwide Reservation Center. Award nights shall not constitute an Eligible Night. Hyatt Gold Passport members will only receive eligible night credit for their room, regardless of the number of paid rooms.

FREE NIGHT OFFER: During the Promotion Period, earn one (1) Free Night Award for use by July 31, 2014 in a Category one (1) through four (4) property after your 5th Eligible Night, 10th Eligible Night, 15th Eligible Night, and 20th Eligible Night at any participating Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Ziva™, or Hyatt Residence Club™ hotel and resort worldwide, or any participating M life resort. A maximum of four (4) Free Night Awards may be earned under this Promotion. For the purpose of this Promotion, “Free Night Award” shall be defined as one (1) night in any available standard room at any Hyatt hotel or resort designated as Category one (1) through four (4) under the Hyatt Gold Passport program. PLEASE NOTE that these Free Night Awards are not valid at properties in any other category and they expire July 31, 2014. They may not be transferred, used, or extended beyond the expiration date or exchanged for points. To find Category one (1) through four (4) properties, visit goldpassport.com. A property’s category is subject to change at any time prior to booking without prior notice.

BONUS POINT OFFER: During the Promotion Period, earn 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after your 5th Eligible Night, an additional 10,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after your 10th Eligible Night, an additional 15,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after your 15th Eligible Night, and an additional 20,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after your 20th Eligible Night at any participating Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Ziva™, or Hyatt Residence Club™ hotel and resort worldwide, or any participating M life resort. A maximum of 50,000 bonus points may be earned under this Promotion..

POSTING OF FREE NIGHT AWARDS AND BONUS POINTS: Please allow two to three (2-3) weeks after your 5th Eligible Night (and every five Eligible Nights thereafter) for your Free Night Award or bonus points to be posted to your Hyatt Gold Passport account (allow 4-6 weeks for free nights and bonus points from nights outside the U.S.).

GENERAL CONDITIONS: Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this Promotion at any time without notice. This Promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. Membership in Hyatt Gold Passport is free. For complete program Terms and Conditions, and to join, visit goldpassport.com. Void where prohibited.

Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Residence Club™ resort, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2014 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:29 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
A points + cash booking will count for this... correct?
Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Pass.

I recently redeemed all my GP points before the devaluation. I thought about converting them to paid nights for this promotion, but with the new reward charts, I actually would lose points by doing so.

And the free nights can only be redeemed for categories 1-4? Those hotels are usually not very expensive to begin with.

I'm sure this is great for FT that already would have stayed with Hyatt for business purposes, so extra bonus points for them. But I am not going out of my way for this promotion.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:40 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by schriste
A points + cash booking will count for this... correct?
Hi!

The points+cash option counts as an eligible stay. It would also count towards the promotion.

Safe travels,

Nick B.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
hard decision.... HRSF is still Cat 4, so that makes it a pretty good redemption possibility. Hmmm...

Edit: ... waiting for the long list of people whining about "why can't I stay 5 nights at a 50/night HP and get a tier 7 cert?! Oh the horror. Bring back FFN."

Last edited by austin_modern; Dec 17, 2013 at 11:10 am
Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:53 am

Programs: Hilton - Diamond / Marriott - Platinum / SPG - Platinum / Priority Club - Platinum
Originally Posted by J. Zidell, VP Hyatt Gold Passport
Hello FlyerTalk Members,

Get ready – our latest Hyatt Gold Passport promotion is coming soon!

Beginning January 15, 2014, there will be more ways to reward yourself with our Hyatt Gold Passport® Endless Possibilities promotion. You can earn a free night or thousands of bonus points after every five nights you stay with us by April 30.

Choose Free Nights
Earn a free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel worldwide after every five nights. Enjoy 4 free nights after you stay a maximum of 20 nights. Redeem your free nights with no blackout dates through July 31, 2014.

Or, Choose Bonus Points
Earn 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after your first five nights and thousands more for every additional five nights. After 20 nights, you’ll earn 50,000 bonus points. Here’s how the points add up:

Stay 5 Nights, Earn +5,000 Points = 5,000 Total Points Earned
Stay 10 Nights, Earn +10,000 Points = 15,000 Total Points Earned
Stay 15 Nights, Earn +15,000 Points = 30,000 Total Points Earned
Stay 20 Nights, Earn +20,000 Points = 50,000 Total Points Earned

So which will you choose — free nights or bonus points?

Registration begins on January 9, 2014, for stays from January 15, 2014 through April 30, 2014.

Complete Terms and Conditions

Hyatt Gold Passport Promotion (“Promotion”) Terms and Conditions

ELIGIBILITY/HOW TO REGISTER: To participate in this Promotion, you must be a Hyatt Gold Passport member and register for this Promotion. New and current member online registration begins January 9, 2014 by registering at goldpassport.com/possibilities and ends March 31, 2014.

SELECTION OF OFFER: To participate, you must register for one (1) of the offers described below: (a) Free Night Offer or (b) Bonus Point Offer (collectively “Offers”). You may not register for both Offers. You will not be permitted to change your Offer selection after you have made your selection.

PROMOTION PERIOD: Promotion begins January 15, 2014 and ends April 30, 2014 (“Promotion Period”).

GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS: To participate in either Offer of this Promotion and receive these Free Night Awards or Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points, you must be a Hyatt Gold Passport member, register for the Promotion, select which Offer you would like, provide your Hyatt Gold Passport membership number at reservation/check-in, be a registered guest physically occupying the room to which you are registered, and pay an Eligible Rate (as defined in the Hyatt Gold Passport program terms and conditions).

ELIGIBLE NIGHTS: For the purpose of these Offers, an “Eligible Night” shall be defined as one (1) night at any participating Hyatt hotel or resort during the Promotion Period when choosing points or miles and paying an Eligible Rate (as defined in the Hyatt Gold Passport program Terms and Conditions). Eligible Nights at participating MGM Resorts International property are limited to those nights during the Promotion Period for which (i) the payment is made directly to a participating M life resorts, (ii) the stay is booked through hyatt.com, or (iii) the stay is booked through a Hyatt Worldwide Reservation Center. Award nights shall not constitute an Eligible Night. Hyatt Gold Passport members will only receive eligible night credit for their room, regardless of the number of paid rooms.

FREE NIGHT OFFER: During the Promotion Period, earn one (1) Free Night Award for use by July 31, 2014 in a Category one (1) through four (4) property after your 5th Eligible Night, 10th Eligible Night, 15th Eligible Night, and 20th Eligible Night at any participating Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Ziva™, or Hyatt Residence Club™ hotel and resort worldwide, or any participating M life resort. A maximum of four (4) Free Night Awards may be earned under this Promotion. For the purpose of this Promotion, “Free Night Award” shall be defined as one (1) night in any available standard room at any Hyatt hotel or resort designated as Category one (1) through four (4) under the Hyatt Gold Passport program. PLEASE NOTE that these Free Night Awards are not valid at properties in any other category and they expire July 31, 2014. They may not be transferred, used, or extended beyond the expiration date or exchanged for points. To find Category one (1) through four (4) properties, visit goldpassport.com. A property’s category is subject to change at any time prior to booking without prior notice.

BONUS POINT OFFER: During the Promotion Period, earn 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after your 5th Eligible Night, an additional 10,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after your 10th Eligible Night, an additional 15,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after your 15th Eligible Night, and an additional 20,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after your 20th Eligible Night at any participating Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Ziva™, or Hyatt Residence Club™ hotel and resort worldwide, or any participating M life resort. A maximum of 50,000 bonus points may be earned under this Promotion..

POSTING OF FREE NIGHT AWARDS AND BONUS POINTS: Please allow two to three (2-3) weeks after your 5th Eligible Night (and every five Eligible Nights thereafter) for your Free Night Award or bonus points to be posted to your Hyatt Gold Passport account (allow 4-6 weeks for free nights and bonus points from nights outside the U.S.).

GENERAL CONDITIONS: Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this Promotion at any time without notice. This Promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. Membership in Hyatt Gold Passport is free. For complete program Terms and Conditions, and to join, visit goldpassport.com. Void where prohibited.

Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Residence Club™ resort, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2014 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Better that a hot stick in the eye
Old Dec 17, 2013, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Well, some promotions are better than none. It's disappointing that the free nights aren't good for longer, plus only for 1-4 category properties.

I think I'll wait for a better promotion to come around.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 10:37 am

This promotion isn't too bad. I have roughly 10 Hyatt nights scheduled during that period, so I'll probably choose the free nights and use them when the kids get out of school for a little weekend getaway. The Hyatt Regency Vancouver sounds nice for that time of year, and at over $300 plus tax per night, seems like a good place to use those free nights.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by carnalismocc
This promotion isn't too bad. I have roughly 10 Hyatt nights scheduled during that period, so I'll probably choose the free nights and use them when the kids get out of school for a little weekend getaway. The Hyatt Regency Vancouver sounds nice for that time of year, and at over $300 plus tax per night, seems like a good place to use those free nights.
That hotel is not worth more than 150+ Tax. Which is exactly what the average corporate rate is.

Cat 4 is rubbish. At least a Cat 5 they could shell out.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
That hotel is not worth more than 150+ Tax. Which is exactly what the average corporate rate is.

Cat 4 is rubbish. At least a Cat 5 they could shell out.
I find the hotel to be just fine. While I don't necessary think it's worth over $300 per night like it tends to be over the summer, that's currently what they're charging, so I think using a couple of free nights there would work well for me.

Also, not everybody has access to corporate rates. I don't travel THAT much for my work, I just happen to stay at Hyatt properties as much as I can when I do in order to earn some free nights for the family to use throughout the year. I've stayed at multiple Cat 4 hotels, and while some are better than others, there ARE some nice ones out there. To each his own, right? Cat 5 would open up even more possibilities, of course, but I'm fine with this promo...works well for me with the way I use the GP program.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I totally agree that there are some worthwhile Cat 4 out there but it requires to specifically plan a trip to put these nights to goo use. With a Cat 5 you would always find something somewhere. Look at Beijing, the Park Hyatt there is a Cat 5 already, while the PH Seoul is Cat 4.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I totally agree that there are some worthwhile Cat 4 out there but it requires to specifically plan a trip to put these nights to goo use. With a Cat 5 you would always find something somewhere. Look at Beijing, the Park Hyatt there is a Cat 5 already, while the PH Seoul is Cat 4.
Yeah, I know what you mean, but for me (since I live in Washington state) a little weekend trip to Vancouver, B.C. works out as a good option to use the free nights. Just a quick 4-hour drive and we're there, with very little planning required. ^
Old Dec 17, 2013, 12:41 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Hmm, interesting promo.

I would think that for anyone staying the maximum number of nights (20), points are the better option. You earn 50k points vs 4 free nights (worth a maximum of 60k points if used at Cat 4 properties). Considering the much greater versatility of points (no expiration, can be used at any category), the difference between points and nights isn't big enough to warrant choosing nights for most people. Free nights only make sense for those who have very firm travel plans (by 7/31) that include staying at properties that are exactly Cat 4 (can't use them at Cat 5/6/7, points are a better deal for Cat 1/2/3).

However, for anyone only hitting the 5, 10, or 15 night threshold, free nights may be a much better alternative:

5 nights --> 5k points vs 1 free night (worth 15k)
10 nights --> 15k points vs 2 free nights (worth 30k)
15 nights --> 30k points vs 3 free nights (worth 45k)
Old Dec 17, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
The drawback to me is that quick period for using them, compared to say MegaBonus nights.

MegaBonus - 2 stays, 1 Marriott Cat 5 night, 1 year
Hyatt - 5 nights, one Hyatt Cat 4 night, 2-6 months

I'm most likely going to use the free nights for either Cat 2 or Cat 5 during that stretch, so that's unfortunate. It looks like I'll probably go for the points.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 1:30 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Nice work..great promo!! Thank you

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.