Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gold Passport Endless Possibilities Promotion (1/15-4/30/14 reg opens 1/9/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Gold Passport Endless Possibilities Promotion (1/15-4/30/14 reg opens 1/9/14)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2013, 3:23 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
You're certainly entitled to your opinion but I don't think it's particularly helpful or valid to compare getting something extra vs getting nothing extra to a painful dental procedure.

-David
I agree with this as well; people need to align their expectations with the realities of the hotel business. Quite frankly, they don't have to give away future rooms to drive 90% occupancy anymore. The hyperbole around here gets a bit old.

"Like, OMG... they're not giving me a free room every stay... I'm switching all my hotel stays to Motel6 and Redroof Inn. Heck with Hyatt."
Old Dec 23, 2013, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by austin_modern
I agree with this as well; people need to align their expectations with the realities of the hotel business. Quite frankly, they don't have to give away future rooms to drive 90% occupancy anymore. The hyperbole around here gets a bit old.

"Like, OMG... they're not giving me a free room every stay... I'm switching all my hotel stays to Motel6 and Redroof Inn. Heck with Hyatt."
And from reading my post (86), aren't I clear that I'm not aware or current on the realities of today's hotel business/economy? I have no expectations of a great promo... actually, I do, and that is that one is not going to happen, because of the realities of the current hotel market. But, expectations or not, a promo that basically is a FFN awarded after 10 nights stayed is lame. What, if the hotel market was even stronger than it is, and they had a promo that replicated a FFN with one free night after 60 nights stayed, that wouldn't be lame because of the realities of the current market?
Old Dec 23, 2013, 11:32 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Then how many years will you be grumbling here for every promotion? It's not likely that the market will change anytime soon. And you're conveniently twisting the fact just a little.... there's actually an option to get a free night after every 5 nights. Might not be your preferred option, but it's there.

Relatively to the rest of the current hotel promo's this is a good one. Not much use for living in the past with loyalty programs.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 10:29 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by RTW1
Then how many years will you be grumbling here for every promotion? It's not likely that the market will change anytime soon. And you're conveniently twisting the fact just a little.... there's actually an option to get a free night after every 5 nights. Might not be your preferred option, but it's there.

Relatively to the rest of the current hotel promo's this is a good one. Not much use for living in the past with loyalty programs.
1. I'm not grumbling, nor am I living in the past... I'm offering an opinion. Many readers come just to see opinions, and learn from them (I with Jeff or other HGP staff were included in that group).

2. I agree, it could be a while until hotels are compelled (due to the hotel market) to offer a good promo, and thus I don't expect one anytime soon.

3. I've offered my opinion on an option to use for a Cat4 or lower property at a ratio of 5 nights stayed equals one award night - not just not preferred, but lame and not a good promo (reiterate, IMO).

4. I agree that compared to the other chains, this promo is better. That said, it's still lame and not a good promo.

Again, I have no expectation for a good promo, but for anyone wondering if this is a good promo, it is not (IMO). For anyone thinking 5:1 is a good promo, and coming here to read about it, I'm offering the opinion that 5:1 is not good, there's a history of better, and restricting it to Cat4 and lower blows... and for those countering with "take the points to get a higher category" I've noted that 10:1 ratios blows even more.

All that said, I will note (for the first time in this post) that this won't get me to change my behavior Jan/15-Apr/30. I won't be moving my half-dozen or so non-Hyatt stays to Hyatt (which I easily could do), and I won't be moving my 20 or so planned Hyatt nights to non-Hyatt. For all those stays I'll be choosing my hotel based on location (or cost, for two of them).
Old Dec 25, 2013, 10:22 am
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
I think this is a very good promotion. I'm on a long flight today, so I have free time for my head to do stupid math point/mileage runs.....

I live in an area where there are 4 Hyatts, I'm Diamond and I was just trying to figure out the cheapest cost to get 50k pts for 20 stays.......

Like I said, I have free time......

20 1 night stays.......cost $1732 after taxes.........

10 percent less if I buy Hyatt GC by 12/31................$1560.00

For 1560.00 I get

20 1 night stays
20 out of 25 stays for Diamond 2015
50k points
Approx 10k pts for my stays........
Point amenity 10k. 20x 500. Hyatt place/house

For me, an interesting way at looking at it;

I value the 70k pts at about $750....

So 20 nights for $810, and 80 percent of the way to Diamond.....2015

Not a terrible way to spend $810

Last edited by antinseattle; Dec 25, 2013 at 10:36 am
Old Dec 25, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC

I like the promo since I am a business traveler trying to get the most out of my 200 nights a year.

I wish it started a week earlier.

I like my availability with Hyatt to use points with no blackout dates.

This promo will keep me qualifying with hyatt early, as I was considering jumping to SPF.

Please keep more point earning promos like this during the year to keep my business.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by antinseattle
I live in an area where there are 4 Hyatts, I'm Diamond and I was just trying to figure out the cheapest cost to get 50k pts for 20 stays.......

Not a terrible way to spend $810
Especially if you don't actually have to sleep at those Hyatt Place/House properties for twenty nights...
Old Dec 25, 2013, 3:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Especially if you don't actually have to sleep at those Hyatt Place/House properties for twenty nights...
Not always easy. T and Cs state member has to physically check in and stay the night.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 4:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Not always easy. T and Cs state member has to physically check in and stay the night.
I actually don't mind newer Hyatt places. The closest one to the house is 2.2 miles. Checking in. Messing up the bed and leaving, if needed, takes less effort than grocery shopping.....

Still don't know if it's worth it. If it was >500$ I'd probably effort up over the 45 days....

Friends come into town. They actually like having a little separation

Just started shaping 2014 travel......

Either way, I think this is an attractive promo. To each their own
Old Dec 26, 2013, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Really, where does it say you have to stay the night?

Check in, sure. Go to the room, maybe. Stay the night? Doubtful.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 10:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Really, where does it say you have to stay the night?

Check in, sure. Go to the room, maybe. Stay the night? Doubtful.
http://monterey.hyatt.com/hyatt/cust...conditions.jsp

The Hyatt Gold Passport program offers two elite membership tiers - Platinum and Diamond.

1. To receive credit toward Hyatt Gold Passport tier status, a member must pay an Eligible Rate for at least one night of their stay. A stay is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at one property. Back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. A member will not receive Hyatt Gold Passport credit toward tier status or toward any promotion for the nights the member pays an Ineligible Rate. A Hyatt Gold Passport member will only receive eligible tier credit for qualifying stays or nights after the member completes their stay and is checked out of the hotel.
I guess its the way I read it.. Bolded "completes their stay"
Old Dec 26, 2013, 6:42 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I think that the requirement of staying the night will be next to impossible to enforce unlike the physical checkin requirement. Some properties even say that you can just leave in the morning without the need to actually checkout - many people do that routinely.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 8:40 pm
Suspended

The Hyatt Gold Passport program offers two elite membership tiers - Platinum and Diamond.

1. To receive credit toward Hyatt Gold Passport tier status, a member must pay an Eligible Rate for at least one night of their stay. A stay is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at one property. Back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. A member will not receive Hyatt Gold Passport credit toward tier status or toward any promotion for the nights the member pays an Ineligible Rate. A Hyatt Gold Passport member will only receive eligible tier credit for qualifying stays or nights after the member completes their stay and is checked out of the hotel.
I've rebolded the above to include the requirement to check out of the hotel, as well as complete the stay. Personally, even though it may be next near impossible to enforce this policy, ethically I would never personally circumvent T and C just to run up point totals and stay credits. The intent is to actually complete the stay and check out of the hotel.

Perhaps hotels may not care.. but Hyatt GHP has this as policy for one reason or another. Not here to judge neither, so do what you guys must.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Can you wait the 31st March to register (to make a better choice), and have free nights / bonus points for the nights you spent before ?
Old Dec 27, 2013, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I've rebolded the above to include the requirement to check out of the hotel, as well as complete the stay. Personally, even though it may be next near impossible to enforce this policy, ethically I would never personally circumvent T and C just to run up point totals and stay credits. The intent is to actually complete the stay and check out of the hotel.

Perhaps hotels may not care.. but Hyatt GHP has this as policy for one reason or another. Not here to judge neither, so do what you guys must.
Nowhere does it say that I have to be in the room the entire time between check-in and informing the front desk that you are checking out... I am allowed to go out to dinner, a movie, whatever.

I actually go to the room right away, after an amusing incident where I didn't realize that my out-of-town cousin (with the same name) had booked a Priceline room for that night at that property, and the hotel gave my room away after I had checked in because I hadn't occupied it and they thought it was a duplicate. (I got the cancellation notice, went back to the property, and found my cousin at the bar...) I stay about 45 minutes and watch some TV as I don't have cable TV at home, maybe take a brief nap, take the toiletries for my mom's friend's church group, and head on out to dinner. If it's the full-service property closest to me, I head back in the morning and have the Diamond buffet, or if it's the HP close to my parents I stop in and check out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.