Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gold Passport Endless Possibilities Promotion (1/15-4/30/14 reg opens 1/9/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Gold Passport Endless Possibilities Promotion (1/15-4/30/14 reg opens 1/9/14)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2013, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by dingalpha
Great promotion.

Thank you !
What is great about it? Seriously. Compared to the kind of promos Hyatt used to do REGULARLY for YEARS (before they were ruined by going public honestly), this promo is not objectively great in any way. You can say that it is great that they are giving SOME promo instead of nothing, sure...but to say the promo itself is a great one is just pure nonsense. Hyatt isn't giving bonus points for baseless adulation.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 4:11 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by antonius66
What is great about it? Seriously. Compared to the kind of promos Hyatt used to do REGULARLY for YEARS (before they were ruined by going public honestly), this promo is not objectively great in any way. You can say that it is great that they are giving SOME promo instead of nothing, sure...but to say the promo itself is a great one is just pure nonsense. Hyatt isn't giving bonus points for baseless adulation.
I'm ever more becoming convinced that people 25 years from now on flyer talk will still be whining that hyatt sucks because they're not doing FFN.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 4:57 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Originally Posted by austin_modern
I'm ever more becoming convinced that people 25 years from now on flyer talk will still be whining that hyatt sucks because they're not doing FFN.
This promotion did nothing for my staying habits and does not inspire me to stay more than what I have already booked with Hyatt. So he does have a point. He never said Hyatt sucked... just the promo sucks... which I happen to agree. Still a great hotel chain.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by fishy21
This promotion did nothing for my staying habits and does not inspire me to stay more than what I have already booked with Hyatt. So he does have a point. He never said Hyatt sucked... just the promo sucks... which I happen to agree. Still a great hotel chain.
Exactly. My status still says Hyatt Diamond doesn't it? Hyatt is still my primary program. I DO miss FFN, but so does everyone else. I still love staying at Hyatt, but there are two sides to every coin. For every person who is complaining endlessly about FFNs as some would argue, there is someone who is blindly kissing the ground in gratitude to Hyatt for every time they do ANYTHING, even if they are not being competitive or are running inferior promos to other chains. There is nothing wrong with pointing out legitimate faults and complaints about the nature of the chain and its offerings.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 6:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RTW1
Any promo is better than no promo.... and for most of us that will be staying some nights with Hyatt anyway this will surely have an impacht on other reservations.

I wouldn't go out of my way to stay 20nights if I had nothing planned, or go for any of those first 5nights. But I had 10+ already planned, so that 15 or 20 level might make me stay a little more.

The free nights doesn't seem as attractive. Cat 4 and only valid for a few months.... Bonus points make a lot more sense to me. But that's because I'm aiming for the 15k bonus at least.
Did Hyatt run a similar promo last year during the same time period? Or is this a new promo?

At least spring break is included in this promo. I assume the summer season will have no promo.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 7:14 pm

Programs: ex-Delta DM (NWA was nice while it lasted), Hyatt Diamond
It's a promo, certainly nothing I will go out of my way for, which I think is the foreseeable future for these kinds of things with Hyatt. Whereas before, there was some real value in even booking extra stays to pursue promo rewards, and not just with FFN's, now there is little reason to throw extra stays at any program, including Hyatt.

Even folks who might be able to mattress run to $60/night properties will wind up losing money on these kinds of promos, which might not be a bad thing but I'll be curious to see how things play out in the next few years. it seems like since going public, Hyatt hasn't really looked to attract too many people to the program with rewards, and I wonder how many people actually continue to stay with HGP once they've burned through their two free CC nights. These promotions now tend to reward hard-core road warriors, folks on business living out of a suitcase, and perhaps that is what the program should do.For those of us mostly paying ourselves and chasing great non-business stays at the nicer properties, the party is really over but it was nice while it lasted.

I'm not going out of my way with this promo to book additional stays, but then again, I don't think that matters to much to them either and that's okay too, for Hyatt and us.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by austin_modern
And, it will be the same people that complain about it every time there's another promo and it isn't FFN.

-David
Old Dec 18, 2013, 10:28 pm

Programs: Too Many to Count
Awesome promo! I love it. Unfortunately I'll be traveling (yet again!) to a city with no hyatts

Dagnabit!
Old Dec 18, 2013, 10:37 pm

Programs: US air -chairman, SPG-Plat, Hyatt - Dmnd, Hilton -Dmnd, Hertz - five star
people, stop complaining and say thank you there is A promotion coming months.
if there wouldn't be, we'd be stuck at Hilton for a month of january with current promo or a very lousy SPG promo.
At least now we got a choice of three lousy promos, though, for me personally, Hyatt promo works best.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 11:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum; Insomnia Cookies
Is it good enough to mattress run, because I pay less than what I receive? No. It's not FFN. It's not even the Marriott Megabonus, which is close to a mattress run if you get Cat 1-5 certificates. Marriott controls that with a low earning limit.

Does this promo gain incremental nights? Well, if I had 4 or 9 or 18 nights planned, it's worth moving or creating 1 or 2, but not more.

Is it better than others? SPG's promo is worse. Marriott's is better with the Cat 1-5 certificates (like I got, yay), but the point options are miserable. IHG depends on the Big Win offer; mine is not very good this time. Are Hilton points worth much at all? The best promo right now might be La Quinta Play and Stay. Hyatt looks competitive, perhaps more than competitive.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 11:43 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Originally Posted by alexkgtu
people, stop complaining and say thank you there is A promotion coming months.
if there wouldn't be, we'd be stuck at Hilton for a month of january with current promo or a very lousy SPG promo.
At least now we got a choice of three lousy promos, though, for me personally, Hyatt promo works best.
Best comment yet. I thought the Hyatt promo was bad, until I received the SPG email.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 1:33 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Agreed with most... aren't these "special" offers supposed to make us want to stay a few more stays in order to benefit from the extra bonuses?

This promo is far from appealing... I will just book my usual stays with Hyatt instead of trying to pay a bit more here and there and not stay in a SPG property but instead, switching to a Hyatt one.

Yet.... better than nothing I guess...
Old Dec 19, 2013, 1:41 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by fishy21
Best comment yet. I thought the Hyatt promo was bad, until I received the SPG email.
Exactly. Looking at all the major chains and their promos, I can only conclude that occupancy rates are not too bad... Good for them.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 1:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by nhwiki

Even folks who might be able to mattress run to $60/night properties will wind up losing money on these kinds of promos
Interesting premise. Let's see how it would work for a Diamond using a Hyatt credit card...

20 stays would cost $1,200. That would generate 50K promo, plus 10K amenity (say HPs at 500/stay), plus 12K points for base + bonus + Hyatt card at 10 pts/$.

Total points = 72K. Break-even value = $1200/72K = 1.7 cents/point.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 4:39 am

Programs: ex-Delta DM (NWA was nice while it lasted), Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by JackE
Interesting premise. Let's see how it would work for a Diamond using a Hyatt credit card...

20 stays would cost $1,200. That would generate 50K promo, plus 10K amenity (say HPs at 500/stay), plus 12K points for base + bonus + Hyatt card at 10 pts/$.

Total points = 72K. Break-even value = $1200/72K = 1.7 cents/point.
Right. And then there are opportunity costs. Unless those 20 stays are to somewhere you would want to go, why would anyone do this? 20 nights of my life to stay near an out-of-the-way strip mall is not my idea of a life, as is getting to that strip mall on a Friday or Saturday night. If it's about "getting points" as opposed to getting a life, I kind of vote for a life. If we're down to calculating a cents/point and it's not all that obviously great, why bother? In the long run, these types of promos will neither help or hurt Hyatt or the rest of us, but certainly for the average person, or even someone contemplating a mattress run, not-so-much.

I can only stomach so many mornings watching folks fight over breakfasts at a Hyatt Place or House. I mean, I have a toaster and boxes of cereal at my house too, and better coffee . . . No reason to leave.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.