Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Advice: Hyatt Incheon or Park Hyatt Seoul?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:21 am
Original Poster

I have an overnight in Seoul coming up, I'm arriving into ICN at 7pm and have a flight the next morning at 10am. So I am trying to decided between just staying at the Hyatt Regency ICN, or if it's worth it to travel to the Park Hyatt in Gangham.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 5:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Did you try looking in the Hyatt forum?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...oul-ph-gh.html
Old Dec 10, 2013, 11:24 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Gangnam is a great place to visit, even for a few hours and quite busy at midnight (many shops are open until then, as well as the night life). Hotel quality has little to do with the decision Travel time is 1 hour by limo bus and quite cheap (about USD 15 each way) which might be a bigger consideration.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 12:09 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Depending if you come into the remote terminal and have to take the train to the main terminal for immigration, just getting out of the airport could take an hour. I would recommend the Hyatt Incheon.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 7:52 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by MattPol
I have an overnight in Seoul coming up, I'm arriving into ICN at 7pm and have a flight the next morning at 10am. So I am trying to decided between just staying at the Hyatt Regency ICN, or if it's worth it to travel to the Park Hyatt in Gangham.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
My parents have the exact same itinerary basically.. we/I decided to just stay out at Incheon... I don't really think it's worth it for less than 12 hours...

FDW
Old Dec 12, 2013, 9:10 am

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
I recommend Incheon too..
Old Dec 12, 2013, 11:56 pm

I can't speak for the Hyatt ICN or the Park Hyatt, but I had a recent stay at the Grand Hyatt (as a diamond) and to say the experience was disappointing is an understatement. In essence, there are some serious management issues and no temperature control in the rooms. The area around the Grand Hyatt isn't super easy to navigate, but Gangham is wonderful part of town.

If you're up for an adventure, stay in town, but ICN is FAR from the city.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 12:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Stay near ICN. I did it this year when I had a couple more hours at each end of my stopover and liked the Hyatt there. There's a free airport shuttle every 20 minutes during most of the day. The hotel is very nice with a good lounge, spa and indoor pool, and an interesting restaurant divided into about a half dozen different areas with different types of food.

It's a long trip to Seoul and you must allow for traffic as well as time to navigate the airport.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:26 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Go to Hyatt Incheon, check in, go down to the restaurant and have some bulgogi for dinner, have a good night's sleep, and then get up refreshed to catch your next flight!
Old Dec 13, 2013, 3:49 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Although I already suggested the ICN property, I have actually preferred the Sheraton Incheon over the Hyatt Incheon in my recent stays. The Hyatt's rooms are becoming a bit worn and it is consistently 10-15% more expensive than the Sheraton. At the Sheraton I am always upgraded to a suite which are in amazing condition and the overall hotel is much more quiet than the Hyatt property. The only downside is that it is a 25 minute bus trip to the hotel.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 9:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy Card, Singapore Air Solitaire (TPPS)
Not sure if too late but the choice is very clear Grand Hyatt Seoul. As a Hyatt Courtesy Card holder I've stayed at the Regency, Park and Grand several times and the Grand is by far the best location, greatest view and best access to Seoul, whether Itaewon, the cool part of Kangnam or Jongno. And the GM does a super job in keeping it a super location. Enjoy!

PS: If you're worried about the airport transit, I can comfort you that the Grand is only a 45 min drive from Incheon at the time of the morning when you're going.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 9:59 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've stayed at all three as well and would rate the GH last, especially in the OP's circumstances. It's the farthest from the airport, it's old, and maybe if the OP doesn't happen to be a Diamond or Courtesy Card holder like you, he would end up in the half of the hotel that has no city view.

Plus Itaewon -- which is a moderate downhill walk from the hotel but a hearty walk uphill back -- didn't impress me much.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Go to Hyatt Incheon, check in, go down to the restaurant and have some bulgogi for dinner, have a good night's sleep, and then get up refreshed to catch your next flight!
+1, exactly. Why get on a bus when there is a comfortable Hyatt at the airport with good food?
Old Dec 14, 2013, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
This is exactly what I'm going to do today. Thanks.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 6:20 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Plus remember that the Hyatt Incheon drops to a category 2 with the readjustments... I decided to book my parents in a club room (15K now; will be 12K with the award chart change)

FDW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.