Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Costco Discount and Suite Upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2013, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Can you use the Costco discount price with 6,000 Hyatt points for a suite upgrade?

Can you use the Costco discount with the free suite upgrade promotional offers that came with the Chase Hyatt Card?

I'm reading this from Hyatt website:

1 When redeeming Regency Club® or Grand Club® upgrades or suite upgrades at a resort property, you must pay a minimum of the Hyatt Daily Rate deluxe room (such as partial ocean view, ocean view, slope view, etc). At non-resort properties you must pay a minimum of the Hyatt Daily Rate.

So... at a Hyatt Resort, we have an ocean view room @ the Costco rate. Can we use the Hyatt points for a suite upgrade?

Last edited by zznoname; Dec 4, 2013 at 10:58 am
Old Dec 4, 2013, 11:45 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

No since Costco rate is discounted - the only non discounted Hyatt Daily Rate is eligible for upgrades with points.

But I believe you can with the Chase upgrades since I'm pretty sure those work like the Diamond Suite Upgrades.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peteropny
No since Costco rate is discounted - the only non discounted Hyatt Daily Rate is eligible for upgrades with points.

But I believe you can with the Chase upgrades since I'm pretty sure those work like the Diamond Suite Upgrades.
Thanks. I'm thinking you are correct because we've used the Chase Hyatt upgrade two years in a row and now Hyatt CS is saying we can't use points.

Can we use the Advance Pre-Paid rate with the Hyatt points for suite upgrades?

Guess we should just call... but thanks.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 3:14 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by zznoname
Can we use the Advance Pre-Paid rate with the Hyatt points for suite upgrades?.
No, that's a discounted rate only the Hyatt Daily a Rate qualifies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.