Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Residence Club Maui (@ HR Maui - offers for cheap stay with sales presentation)

Hyatt Residence Club Maui (@ HR Maui - offers for cheap stay with sales presentation)

Old May 12, 2014, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime PE, Hilton Dia, WN CP, Hyatt Plat
The offer is better now

Just got an offer in the mail. Five nights @ Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa for $299. Plus 10,000 HGP points. Says room comes with a private lanai but does not mention the word oceanfront or oceanview. Requires a 90 minute tour and presentation of the Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach next door.

The last timeshare presentation I attended was thirty years ago and I walked out swearing never again. This one has sparked an interest however since I was just getting ready to book a week in Maui this Fall.

I will never buy at a presentation. I'm pretty sure a timeshare is not a good deal for wife and I but if I was going to buy, it would be on the secondary market where prices are usually 50% lower - or more.

When I told my wife about the offer, she gave me the look. The one that said, "are you out of your mind??"

Anybody been to the presentation? I might be able to take 90 minutes but would not want anything beyond that such as phone calls to the room, unsolicited visits to us as we lay on the beach, etc., etc.

On the other hand, after writing this and reading what I just wrote, I think spending the money or points on a regular room would be best for me.

What do others think?
Old May 15, 2014, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by pinguy
Just got an offer in the mail. Five nights @ Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa for $299. Plus 10,000 HGP points. Says room comes with a private lanai but does not mention the word oceanfront or oceanview. Requires a 90 minute tour and presentation of the Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach next door.

The last timeshare presentation I attended was thirty years ago and I walked out swearing never again. This one has sparked an interest however since I was just getting ready to book a week in Maui this Fall.

I will never buy at a presentation. I'm pretty sure a timeshare is not a good deal for wife and I but if I was going to buy, it would be on the secondary market where prices are usually 50% lower - or more.

When I told my wife about the offer, she gave me the look. The one that said, "are you out of your mind??"

Anybody been to the presentation? I might be able to take 90 minutes but would not want anything beyond that such as phone calls to the room, unsolicited visits to us as we lay on the beach, etc., etc.

On the other hand, after writing this and reading what I just wrote, I think spending the money or points on a regular room would be best for me.

What do others think?
I just received the same offer. It seems like a very good deal but I've never been to Hawai'i and I rarely stay at Hyatt properties. I've gone to a bunch of time share presentations but never Hyatt. Curious as to what the experts think of this offer.

BigM
Old May 17, 2014, 3:22 pm

Hyatt REsidence Maui offer

Received an offer for Hyatt Maui $299 for 5 nights time share presentation required for Residence club they are building. Anyone do this yet?
Old May 17, 2014, 9:56 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by bigmarley4
I just received the same offer. It seems like a very good deal but I've never been to Hawai'i and I rarely stay at Hyatt properties. I've gone to a bunch of time share presentations but never Hyatt. Curious as to what the experts think of this offer.

BigM
I also received this offer and booked for October 2014. They had openings throughout the summer. They said there was a required 90 minute presentation, and that I may be put in a room looking out over construction. Overall it was pleasant on the phone. I have been through a hard-sell seminar so expect it to be a bit pushy, but I've seen the ones offered by the big hotels (SPG, Marriott, Hilton) to be more professional.

Anyone have any insight on the hotel itself? Seems a bit older of a property but this seems to be par for Hawaii.
Old May 19, 2014, 12:35 pm

Hyatt Maui Redicen Club

I got a promo for 5 nights for $299 and was wondering if anyone here has done the timesahre presentation and stay? Rep told me it would be a room in construction area so probably will be loud.

If anyone could share their experience, very much appreciated!
Old May 19, 2014, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
At the Hyatt Maui now and did the timeshare presentation this morning. Very low pressure sales and it really sells itself. In the end I told them I was not in the market for it and that was that. I really just wanted the free luau tickets for the promo.

The property itself is good. Lots to see and do. It is low season now so that helps. I used an upgrade to get an Ocean Suite and it was recently renovated. Very nice.

P.S. I should probably point out that I am on a normal paid stay and signed up for the timeshare presentation when i got here in exchange for 2 free luau tickets.

Last edited by IntlSalesGuy; May 19, 2014 at 4:56 pm
Old May 24, 2014, 8:31 pm

Programs: AmEx Plat, Hyatt, SPG, Hilton, AA, UA, AlaskaAir
I received this offer, too. One was for $299 and one for $849, both for 5 nights. I think one might be from a Plat AmEX mailing list. We were thinking of a trip to the islands this Fall, so we might take advantage of the offer. I'm hoping others will post about their booking from this offer. I will be calling Hyatt about it this week.
Old May 27, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
If, in fact, those taking this offer are placed in the Napali Tower facing the construction project, you will have a very upfront tour of the new Residence Club under construction- like 20' away from your balcony. The building is by no means complete and there is a lot of construction equipment there. I wouldn't pay even $100 a night for those rooms right now.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
If, in fact, those taking this offer are placed in the Napali Tower facing the construction project, you will have a very upfront tour of the new Residence Club under construction- like 20' away from your balcony. The building is by no means complete and there is a lot of construction equipment there. I wouldn't pay even $100 a night for those rooms right now.
I recall walking by those rooms and noticed the first floor "Obstructed View" room balconies were right up against the construction fence. I actually felt bad for those guests. But then again, if you don't care for a view and plan to be out of the room between 7:30am-4:30pm, you will be ok. Or if you can sleep through constant beeping of trucks backing up and heavy machinery noises, more power to you.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 12:09 am

We own at Hyatt High Sierra. Last week we were staying at Westin Kannapali Ocean Villas and dropped by- they were only offering $100 or 2 tickets to a luau to drop bys, so the latest offer is a very good deal..

Originally Posted by IntlSalesGuy
I recall walking by those rooms and noticed the first floor "Obstructed View" room balconies were right up against the construction fence. I actually felt bad for those guests. But then again, if you don't care for a view and plan to be out of the room between 7:30am-4:30pm, you will be ok. Or if you can sleep through constant beeping of trucks backing up and heavy machinery noises, more power to you.

Last edited by aceflyer2; Jun 2, 2014 at 12:14 am
Old Jun 5, 2014, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by IntlSalesGuy
At the Hyatt Maui now and did the timeshare presentation this morning. Very low pressure sales and it really sells itself. In the end I told them I was not in the market for it and that was that. I really just wanted the free luau tickets for the promo.

The property itself is good. Lots to see and do. It is low season now so that helps. I used an upgrade to get an Ocean Suite and it was recently renovated. Very nice.

P.S. I should probably point out that I am on a normal paid stay and signed up for the timeshare presentation when i got here in exchange for 2 free luau tickets.
Thanks for the insight. I wonder if they'd turn up the pressure on you if they knew you took the offer that came in the mail for the lower-price paid stay. 2 Free luau tickets is probably like whatever to them, but giving you a heavily discounted hotel stay for 5 nights is another thing.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by jplee3
Thanks for the insight. I wonder if they'd turn up the pressure on you if they knew you took the offer that came in the mail for the lower-price paid stay. 2 Free luau tickets is probably like whatever to them, but giving you a heavily discounted hotel stay for 5 nights is another thing.
I doubt it. Their ultimate goal is to get people to sit down with the salespeople so they can try to close deals. Whether you get a discounted hotel room or luau tickets doesn't matter to them.

The timeshare sales office was a very open and laid back environment and it was obvious they were focusing on the benefits and amenities. Now of course they will try to get you to buy in and if you show interest, they will continue to talk about pricing, financing, etc. However, if you are honestly not interested, they won't harass you.

I certainly wouldn't let this stop you from taking advantage of a great deal. My only concern would be getting an obstructed view room that faces the construction site. Other than that, you will have a great time there. It is Hawaii after all
Old Jun 6, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: All
Request for code - PLEASE !

Hi -

Hyatt Residence Club will allow someone who has received an offer who does not plan to use it for the 5 nites $299 offer to assign it to me.

If anyone is kind enough to have their offer assigned to me (it costs nothing more than a 2 minute phone call), my family would be so grateful. We are in the midst of planning a Hawaii vacation next month and this would work perfectly !

Thanks to all for your goodwill and best to all !
Old Jun 8, 2014, 1:39 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold, Southwest CP
Anyone know if they actually check on your income to see if you qualify per the small print on the back of the offer of $125k? Also, does anyone know if you can get an upgraded room along with this offer if you are on a diamond challenge during your stay?

Thanks!
Old Jun 8, 2014, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by alohamiles
Anyone know if they actually check on your income to see if you qualify per the small print on the back of the offer of $125k? Also, does anyone know if you can get an upgraded room along with this offer if you are on a diamond challenge during your stay?

Thanks!
I can confirm they do not verify income. It's all verbal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.