Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New Hyatt Gold Passport Features Launching in January 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Stewie Mac
FAQ

Do points+cash bookings count toward earning elite status?
Yes. This includes "Diamond Trials" (in which customers with status at another hotel chain attempt to earn a match with Hyatt).

Does the cash portion of points+cash bookings earn points?
Yes, in the same manner as for paid stays.

Do points+cash bookings count toward current Hyatt promotions?
Yes, P+C stays will be treated as paid stays for purposes of bonus promotions.

Can confirmed suite upgrade certificates be used on points+cash bookings?
Yes. Now confirmed by Gold Passport Concierge here

Will points+cash bookings be exempt from resort fees & taxes?
No. P+C bookings will require the member to pay any applicable fees/taxes, just as with paid stays.
Print Wikipost

New Hyatt Gold Passport Features Launching in January 2014

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Maui4me1
The only problem with that is you will have no Diamond benefits since the reservation will be under your wife's GP number not yours during the challenge.
Correct.. in a sense.

My wife received the benefits of Diamond status as my guest thus far in our Hyatt travels. So has my 8 and 3 year old. We travel as a party of 4.

My wife will be Diamond during her Diamond Challenge, so I'll be enjoying the benefits as her guest, as well as the kids as her guests.

Interesting to note prior to my Diamond Challenge, a Diamond member friend setup reservations for me and listed me as his guest. During my Challenge I checked in, I noticed a higher service level as the reservations manager knew that 2 Diamonds were listed under the reservation. I'm thinking that perhaps Ill make a note on the reservations when my wife is conducting her Diamond Challenge, that we are checking in as two Diamond Members. Perhaps the hotel does take higher note when two Diamonds are listed under the same reservation. With Fairmont we received top of the list priority treatment as two Faimont Platinum members, above other elite members.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Possibly. In my experience, other factors such as spend, history with Hyatt, and number of prior stays at a specific property seem to carry more weight. Perhaps your friend has been a Diamond member for a while?

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Interesting to note prior to my Diamond Challenge, a Diamond member friend setup reservations for me and listed me as his guest. During my Challenge I checked in, I noticed a higher service level as the reservations manager knew that 2 Diamonds were listed under the reservation. I'm thinking that perhaps Ill make a note on the reservations when my wife is conducting her Diamond Challenge, that we are checking in as two Diamond Members. Perhaps the hotel does take higher note when two Diamonds are listed under the same reservation. With Fairmont we received top of the list priority treatment as two Faimont Platinum members, above other elite members.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:23 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
Originally Posted by azepine00
Reasonable devaluation is a fact of life - just like inflation... i dont expwct my money to become worthless but i dont expext to have the same buying power years from now..
Exactly. Think we would see any complaints from some if all of the sudden Hyatt went the other way and said we are doubling all of your points just because you are loyal?

Sadly, some would say "I deserve triple. Those damn credit card carriers are ruining it for everybody".

These are the same people that dont pay for their rooms out of their own pocket, nearly half the time.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:45 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID RAZR Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-16) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Yeah, my issue is the massive increases at once. i expect inflation, but ~48% for top properties makes it hard to swallow.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 6:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
On the top of the page FAQ, it states 'are confirmed suite upgrades able to be used with cash and points'.. And the answer is yes.
Lots of confusion regarding this fact at the moment.

I would not trust the information so far, but maybe Mr. Zidell could confirm this once more, just to be on the safe side.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 6:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by azepine00
Reasonable devaluation is a fact of life - just like inflation... i dont expwct my money to become worthless but i dont expext to have the same buying power years from now..
2-3% inflation over a year is a fact of life, at least in many 'civilized' countries around the world. And this is one reason why the monetary systems used to work after the late 1920's and early 1930's.

40+% inflation over a period of a few weeks would be subject to another term before the word inflation and hyperinflation is one reason why monetary systems did not really work...

But why don't we just trade stuff?

I offer a night at the Park Vendome in exchange for some carrots, an oil filter change and two Lakers-Kings tickets in the lower bowl...
Old Nov 25, 2013, 6:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Just combing through the thread again, and got my question answered below. So I guess my excitement for the DSU did not check out, and the FAQ needs to be edited, as DSU cannot be applied to cash and points..

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Greetings FlyerTalkers,

We are looking forward for our members having different ways to redeem awards. Diamond suite upgrades will be available for the MyElite rate; however, it would not be available for the Points + Cash rate as it is considered an award stay. The MyElite rate & Points + Cash will be valid for stay/night credit at Hyatt Hotels & Resorts excluding all inclusive properties, Hyatt Residence Club, and Mlife properties. The MyElite rate and the Points + Cash option will count towards the Diamond trial offers. Cancellation policies will still apply, and as long as you cancel outside of the policy, all points will be returned. If you cancel inside the policy, the points will be returned but you would be charged per the cancellation policy of the hotel.

Sincerely,

Gold Passport Concierge Team
Originally Posted by FD1971
Lots of confusion regarding this fact at the moment.

I would not trust the information so far, but maybe Mr. Zidell could confirm this once more, just to be on the safe side.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 6:55 am

Just combing through the thread again, and got my question answered below. So I guess my excitement for the DSU did not check out, and the FAQ needs to be edited, as DSU cannot be applied to cash and points..
Well, you might take a look at
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:05 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
... you missed the post of why beltway filled in the FAQ that way (and the posts of "who believes who" more).

beltway also invited anyone to update/fix the FAQ if they have better info.

I agree that one FAQ is confusing and perhaps misleading, as is. But when T&Cs are not fully published, I watch other people's experience (here) and this one is still TBD.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:23 pm

If in fact DSUs can not be used for P&C stays, we should be exempt from taxes and resort fees. Revenue rates allow DSUs while award stays cover taxes and resort fees. So which is it. P&C = Award stay or Revenue stay?

Last edited by rrez; Nov 25, 2013 at 12:35 pm
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FD1971
2-3% inflation over a year is a fact of life, at least in many 'civilized' countries around the world. And this is one reason why the monetary systems used to work after the late 1920's and early 1930's.

40+% inflation over a period of a few weeks would be subject to another term before the word inflation and hyperinflation is one reason why monetary systems did not really work...

But why don't we just trade stuff?

I offer a night at the Park Vendome in exchange for some carrots, an oil filter change and two Lakers-Kings tickets in the lower bowl...
And a 5-10 % points per year is what we have across GP on average. There are limited exceptions but then in the traditional economy world we have seen plenty of examples of certain assets or areas increasing much faster - housing prices doubling in 10 years is not unlike Hyatt top tier going up from 15k to 30...

On a bright side for you - unlike traditional economy which you are forces to live in, you can move to another chain and save yourself stress and anger if gp changes bother you so much...
Old Nov 25, 2013, 1:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by beltway
Well, you might take a look at
Originally Posted by traveling_again
... you missed the post of why beltway filled in the FAQ that way (and the posts of "who believes who" more).

beltway also invited anyone to update/fix the FAQ if they have better info.

I agree that one FAQ is confusing and perhaps misleading, as is. But when T&Cs are not fully published, I watch other people's experience (here) and this one is still TBD.
I respect Gary Leff and all.. but I've read through the Hyatt link and find no evidence of the DSU applicable to cash and points. If it happens, then its a bonus.

So far, Hyatt sources has said no. I'm still a loyal member, and I think there was only one hotel that would have made it a possibility for us to visit, otherwise wouldn't be on the radar. Not a big deal, and I continue to be excited about the program going forward 2014.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:41 pm

I respect Gary Leff and all.. but I've read through the Hyatt link and find no evidence of the DSU applicable to cash and points. If it happens, then its a bonus.

So far, Hyatt sources has said no.
I just PMed the Gold Passport Concierge & J. Zidell & asked for an authoritative statement to be posted here. Instead, I received a reply PM that said in pertinent part:
Good Afternoon beltway,

The answers to the questions you highlighted by blogger Gary Leff are correct.
I realize this requires you to trust me, although it bears noting that GPC or J. Zidell could jump in and correct me, so I'd be pretty stupid to lie about this.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:35 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
I was denied using a diamond upgrade for a c&p booking. Unless CSR got it wrong.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 8:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by davef139
I was denied using a diamond upgrade for a c&p booking. Unless CSR got it wrong.
You've already been able to book a C&P rate? I thought they were not going to be available until Jan 7?

I haven't seen any of the 20% discount elite rates appear on reservations I've been making for next year. Are those also now possible (where and when they are available) by calling a res centre?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.