Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New Hyatt Gold Passport Features Launching in January 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Stewie Mac
FAQ

Do points+cash bookings count toward earning elite status?
Yes. This includes "Diamond Trials" (in which customers with status at another hotel chain attempt to earn a match with Hyatt).

Does the cash portion of points+cash bookings earn points?
Yes, in the same manner as for paid stays.

Do points+cash bookings count toward current Hyatt promotions?
Yes, P+C stays will be treated as paid stays for purposes of bonus promotions.

Can confirmed suite upgrade certificates be used on points+cash bookings?
Yes. Now confirmed by Gold Passport Concierge here

Will points+cash bookings be exempt from resort fees & taxes?
No. P+C bookings will require the member to pay any applicable fees/taxes, just as with paid stays.
Print Wikipost

New Hyatt Gold Passport Features Launching in January 2014

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: A few
Q for HGP: Can Hyatt Check Certificates be used to pay the cash element of C&P bookings?
Old Nov 21, 2013, 8:17 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Q for HGP: Can Hyatt Check Certificates be used to pay the cash element of C&P bookings?
Hi,

Yes, the standard payments may be used for the paid rate portion of the Points + Cash reservations.

Safe travels,

Nick B.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 11:51 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by FD1971
Actually, this fact has been addressed multiple time last week.

And REVPAR in 2013 is comparable in many markets to REVPAR in the last year before the Financial Crisis...

Remember, 18000 points for the top GPP category back then

Go figure...
A search for the word 'REVPAR' using the restriction 'find posts from a week ago and newer' comes up with one time you mentioned REVPAR and one time that I mentioned REVPAR. Twice is technically multiple times. But just barely.

Is there any hotel chain that has not increased the number of points required for a free night over the last few years?

Originally Posted by FD1971
Hotel Scribe goes for a smidgen over Euro 250 at the moment, the Stendhal Place just around the corner from Place Vendome is available below Euro 200

Even the W Opera plays in the Euro 300 range quite often. LM Etoile is in another category, but you get 5 nights at the LME for the price of one night at the PH Vendome.

Place Vendome used to be special in the early to mid 2000's, but the competition has upped the ante.

And 15000 Points (especially from a European perspective, if you know what I mean ) plus $300 ( even at an exchange rate close to 1.40) is simply not getting you enough value for money.
Lowest price for Hotel Scribe is 264EUR over the next month. Offered three times; all Sunday nights. Plus 35EUR for breakfast; Club Accor doesn't give free breakfast to even their top elite tier.

Stendhal Place - not a comparable property. Might as well add Best Western properties to your list if you're going to do an apples to oranges comparison.

W Opera - again, lesser property. 340 EUR is the lowest I can find - but only 2 nights in the next month. Technically in the 300 EUR range. I notice how you use EUR instead of USD. 340EUR ~ $460USD.

Le Meridian Etoile - again lesser property. 5 nights there vs 1 night at PH Vendome. Over the next two weeks, I can find rooms at PH Vendome for 641-860EUR/night. You can find one 5 night stretch (30 Nov-5 Dec) over the next two weeks where a Hot Escapes will get you 5 nights for 798EUR. The highest advance purchase rate at the PH Vendome during that time is 785.5EUR, but there are nights as low as 641 EUR.

You have a way of taking great liberties with the facts. This significantly weakens your arguments.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 3:26 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by op487062
For the people with no corporate connections, $300 will get you "nice" but hardly anything great.
And $300+15,000 Hyatt GP points will also get people "'nice' but hardly anything great" -- corporate connections or not.

The more that customers accept these devaluations and believe the spin of "postive" changes, the more and more frequent the devaluations will be.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 4:53 pm

Programs: VAG
Originally Posted by GUWonder
And $300+15,000 Hyatt GP points will also get people "'nice' but hardly anything great" -- corporate connections or not.

The more that customers accept these devaluations and believe the spin of "postive" changes, the more and more frequent the devaluations will be.
Why do people think they have some right to free nights? Hyatt doesn't owe you anything except the room you pay cash for. Anything on top of that is a bonus designed to entice you to preference them over other chains. Hyatt would be well within their rights to tear up the whole Gold Passport program tomorrow, if they thought they'd make more money that way.

If you're no longer happy with the level of enticement you're getting from Hyatt then feel free to go to a more enticing chain. Otherwise, deal with it.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jorgen
If you're no longer happy with the level of enticement you're getting from Hyatt then feel free to go to a more enticing chain. Otherwise, deal with it.
this..
but people seem to live in the past and measure current benefits against some reference points from old days rather than what competition offers today..
Old Nov 21, 2013, 5:50 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by azepine00
this..
but people seem to live in the past and measure current benefits against some reference points from old days rather than what competition offers today..
^
I'm not happy about some getting Diamond just for having the credit card, but I'm not going to stop getting Hyatt Diamond yearly because of it.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by Jorgen
Why do people think they have some right to free nights? Hyatt doesn't owe you anything except the room you pay cash for. Anything on top of that is a bonus designed to entice you to preference them over other chains. Hyatt would be well within their rights to tear up the whole Gold Passport program tomorrow, if they thought they'd make more money that way.

Acutally, we do have a right to a free suite night for 48k points, and we did have the right to a free suite night for 33k/points in the past (no need to quote all the Categories).

Sorry, for me and many others, it's not about entitlement, but FT we discuss program changes and updates. Why limit the discussion to only positive comments? Negative (especially constructive) also add value in the discussion.

(I even mention in my posts that Hyatt wins my business versus its competition for Diamond service/product, ignoring HGP).
Old Nov 21, 2013, 9:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
^
I'm not happy about some getting Diamond just for having the credit card, but I'm not going to stop getting Hyatt Diamond yearly because of it.
+1

The Diamond benefits are only good, when staying at a Hyatt. The more you stay, the more benefits reaped. That's the way I see it.

Those saying that the few cardholders who receive Diamond through cc benefits has achieved Lifetime Diamond is erroneous. First, you must be a credit card holder to be a Diamond, paying the annual fee. Lifetime Diamond offers a higher level of service and recognition. Those holding onto the credit card for status will likely not spend enough to reach Lifetime Diamond. If a member is spending enough to become Lifetime Diamond, the member won't see any value for which the status the credit card offers, because they are going to be a Diamond long term anyways.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 11:52 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by azepine00
I guess people just expect to be treated with some fairness... And that is expecting to be able to use the points/miles on the conditions they were earned and not be the victim of some random devaluation.

And yes, I know what the T&C say.....
Old Nov 22, 2013, 3:27 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Yes C&P looks good but wait to see availability. If they are only available when the cash price is just 20-30$ more than the cash portion, it will be completely useless.
If they are available nearly always, then yes it will be a very nice addition to the program.
This is the kicker for me - if C&P availability is good, ie = or similar to award availability, then this is a very very nice addition, not so much at the top end (all this talk of PHV is wasted on me!) but there will be some really nice sweet spots mid-range. HR Mainz for 6k points + $75, or Berlin for 7.5k + $100, could give you value of 3-4 cpp, plus stay credit.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 12:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
A search for the word 'REVPAR' using the restriction 'find posts from a week ago and newer' comes up with one time you mentioned REVPAR and one time that I mentioned REVPAR. Twice is technically multiple times. But just barely.

Is there any hotel chain that has not increased the number of points required for a free night over the last few years?

Lowest price for Hotel Scribe is 264EUR over the next month. Offered three times; all Sunday nights. Plus 35EUR for breakfast; Club Accor doesn't give free breakfast to even their top elite tier.

Stendhal Place - not a comparable property. Might as well add Best Western properties to your list if you're going to do an apples to oranges comparison.

W Opera - again, lesser property. 340 EUR is the lowest I can find - but only 2 nights in the next month. Technically in the 300 EUR range. I notice how you use EUR instead of USD. 340EUR ~ $460USD.

Le Meridian Etoile - again lesser property. 5 nights there vs 1 night at PH Vendome. Over the next two weeks, I can find rooms at PH Vendome for 641-860EUR/night. You can find one 5 night stretch (30 Nov-5 Dec) over the next two weeks where a Hot Escapes will get you 5 nights for 798EUR. The highest advance purchase rate at the PH Vendome during that time is 785.5EUR, but there are nights as low as 641 EUR.

You have a way of taking great liberties with the facts. This significantly weakens your arguments.
Really?

And only because you find one night at a lower rate on one day and only because you consider the W Opera to be a lesser property makes your arguments right.

And taking the discussion into different territories does not make too much sense either.

Therefore, I fear that I have to repeat myself again.

Just judging from a REVPAR prespective, there is hardly any argument at all for such increases. Many many markets will still have a lower or comparable REVPAR in 2013 in comparison to pre Financial Crisis years...

Not relevant, if other chains did it too, the discussion was about REVPAR and you tried to build on argument based on increasing REVPAR.

The Scribe at 264 is pretty much comparable (French hotel categorisation is a bit different from the more standardised approach we see in Germany or the US) , the W Opera is also ranked in the same category. Nobody mentioned breakfast so far in the whole discussion, it is a moot point for the vast vast majority of Hyatt GPP members anyway. @:-)

But it seems that breakfast at Vendome is nearly 50% more expensive than at the Scribe

When it comes to the daily rate, other comparable chain hotels are demanding 20-25% of what the Park Vendome charges per night.

So under the bottom line, wait for the next SPG sale, get the W at roughly 40-50% of what the Park Vendome charges and invest the 400 Euro into something different. Alternatively, pretty solid 4 star hotels will leave you with roughly 600 Euro to spend per night, if you can live with slightly inferior quality.

The LM Etoile and Regency Etoile are by no means bad hotels, also by no means great hotels, but the Park Vendome is not worth a difference between 400-600 Euro per night.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 2:23 pm

FD1971, you win. I can't match your ability to infinitely elasticize data points.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 7:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by canyonleo
Acutally, we do have a right to a free suite night for 48k points, and we did have the right to a free suite night for 33k/points in the past (no need to quote all the Categories).

Sorry, for me and many others, it's not about entitlement, but FT we discuss program changes and updates. Why limit the discussion to only positive comments? Negative (especially constructive) also add value in the discussion.

(I even mention in my posts that Hyatt wins my business versus its competition for Diamond service/product, ignoring HGP).
I guess I missed the free suite night going up to a requirement of 48K points. I'm assuming that the minimum 3 nights required to book remains same.

I like cash and points and ability to apply a suite upgrade. Still not clear about Diamond Suite Upgrade only, or suite upgrade using points (I assume that the Suite upgrade using points hasn't been enhanced?).
Old Nov 22, 2013, 7:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
I have been told neither cash and points nor the elite rate can be used with the 6000 point suite upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.