Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2013, 9:36 pm

Programs: A few
I got this too. I am applying out of cycle. I suspect this is a mistake they will fix but have to honor.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 9:45 pm

Programs: United
this is too good to be true, can anyone confirm?
Old Nov 14, 2013, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro; DL Gold; UA Silver; IHG Plat; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
so clicking on the link thru LL won't get diamond status unless i've received the targeted email i presume?

btw what the typical limits in terms of how many days between CC apps or how many apps between a certain period for chase?
Old Nov 14, 2013, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by homeone
so clicking on the link thru LL won't get diamond status unless i've received the targeted email i presume?
Only one way to find out!

I'm beginning to think that I overpaid to get Hilton Gold status for $49.

Maybe this is the prelude to Hyatt introducing a fourth tier to Gold Passport? Soon we will all be striving to become Tanzanites!
Old Nov 14, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Given that the Hyatt CC isn't a bad product even without the Diamond Status it seems to me it's worth going for and eventually, even if Hyatt back paddles, you should be able to score a serious retention bonus of some sort since the application in some way damaged or at least effected your credit rating.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hailstorm
I'm beginning to think that I overpaid to get Hilton Gold status for $49.
LOL! Post of the week!
Old Nov 14, 2013, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The site doesn't appear to disqualify existing Hyatt Credit Card holders from applying, though they wouldn't be eligible for the two free nights bonus.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 10:28 pm

Is this the supposed good news that was allured to when devaluation was announced, that it would come separately?

Any reason why non-US members should stay with Hyatt?

What is more, can't quite understand the logic behind this (while I can understand the logic for devaluation although I don't like it).

SPG gives out life Plat when people have stayed enough years and nights - so it is to drive people to stay more. We all know that having attained status, people usually slack off their stays. In the case of SPG, they would first secure the stays/revenue below allowing people to slack off.

Here, GP gives out life Diamond. So people slack off right away. How does Hyatt secure revenue? It is simply driving it away! Plus, others are dis-incentivised from trying for Diamond, knowing that it is freely dished out.

Last edited by IncyWincy; Nov 14, 2013 at 10:33 pm
Old Nov 14, 2013, 10:52 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
It is another disappointment for Hyatts International GP members without access to the credit card. With the larger hotel chains having UK-issued cards I continue to be disappointed that my preferred hotel group doesn't have a card for me.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:26 pm

This is very disappointing. First, everyone outside the U.S. can only get points through actually staying at hotels, while those in the U.S. can just transfer from their Ultimate Rewards cache or earn points from credit card spend.

Now I really feel like this is a big slap on the face when anyone can get Diamond just for holding on to a credit card. Why should I keep staying at Hyatt then, especially when its benefits aren't that much better than other chains and they tend to cost so much more than SPG in Asia?

One very disappointed customer here.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:32 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
I'm tempted to drop my Hyatt credit card just to see if this offer rolls around again sometime in the future.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Hyatt isn't giving anything away - Chase is paying them for the status just like they pay for the annual nights......

Originally Posted by mdpdjx
It doesn't sound possible. Hyatt would be crazy to give away the Diamond status like that.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Markie
It is another disappointment for Hyatts International GP members without access to the credit card. With the larger hotel chains having UK-issued cards I continue to be disappointed that my preferred hotel group doesn't have a card for me.
I guess in the groups of FF Fanatics like FT and similar communities yes, that is true. But the average customer won't even know about this.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carmy
This is very disappointing. First, everyone outside the U.S. can only get points through actually staying at hotels, while those in the U.S. can just transfer from their Ultimate Rewards cache or earn points from credit card spend.
Is that neceessarily Hyatt's fault? Is there anything stopping some bank from tying up with Hyatt and offering such deals with a credit card in Germany or Japan or wherever?

Surely there have to be other credit addicted countries in the world?
Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
I'm tempted to drop my Hyatt credit card just to see if this offer rolls around again sometime in the future.
Don't bet on it, but if you have a household with two people I would have my SO sign up for this and see if it goes through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.