Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: switchyj
Few handy links:

E-concierge website (also includes spa, activities & add-ons prices).
https://loscabosziva.hyatte-concierge.com/

Playa resort website (often has different offers/promotions that are not mentioned on Hyatt website + more details about the hotel rooms, amenities & activities)
http://www.playaresorts.com/Hyatt-Ziva-Los-Cabos

Hotel official website
http://loscabos.ziva.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Facebook page (they post every other day on it)
https://www.facebook.com/HyattZivaLosCabos

Tripadvisor page
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g152516-d469312
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2013, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hello Mommy Points,

I understand your frustration and I am more than happy to forward your suggestions to our executive management team for review. Thank you, we really appreciate your feedback.

Safe Travels,

Drew D.- Guest Relations Associate
Thanks for updating us - they really should give it more thought.
As it stands now i see absolutely no incentive to go there with family (and without family i would go to adult only resort rather than this one).
Added point pricing for kids is an absolute nonsense.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
As it stands now i see absolutely no incentive to go there with family (and without family i would go to adult only resort rather than this one).
I agree...as a couple, 20K points per night is a good deal (one that I plan on taking advantage of), but since the Ziva brand was suppose to be the family-friendly property, I would've expected either no up-charge for kids, or far less additional points than 10K per child. After looking over some rates on random dates, I've seen rates of anywhere from $400-$500 per night when including 2 adults and 2 children in the reservation. I'd rather just pay the going rate than give up 40K points...use them elsewhere, instead.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 7:08 pm
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by azepine00
I very much agree, and could understand some additional charge for children along the lines of what a cash increase would be for kids in the same room, but I know that two adults and two kids in one room would not price anywhere near the same as two adults in two separate rooms with cash, but yet that is how the points systems is currently set up.

I know it is all brand new to Hyatt, but I would love to see some adjustment on these rates at some point. Thanks for passing on the feedback.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
Still a bit confusing as far as points redemptions. Would the base rate of 20,000 points cover 2 adults and 2 children (aged 2- 13) in a room with 2 beds (max occupancy for the room is 4)?
The base rate of 20,000 points only covers 2 adults. To cover the 2 kids you'll pay an additional 20,000 points (10,000 points per person)
Old Nov 2, 2013, 2:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

At this time, our brand and operations management is still in the works of determining Gold Passport Tier Benefits other than the Diamond amenity bonus. As soon as we receive more information we will be sure to get the word out. We appreciate your patience.
Thanks for your information an participation in this thread... that's great.

But I think you should convey to your brand and operations management that they really should do a better job. I find it highly unprofessional that they are only now setting redemption rates for hotel that were announced in August (insider knowledge was probably available way before that)...And as a lot of others have already pointed out, they simply don't make sense.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 6:53 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Mommy Points
I very much agree, and could understand some additional charge for children along the lines of what a cash increase would be for kids in the same room, but I know that two adults and two kids in one room would not price anywhere near the same as two adults in two separate rooms with cash, but yet that is how the points systems is currently set up.

I know it is all brand new to Hyatt, but I would love to see some adjustment on these rates at some point. Thanks for passing on the feedback.
Very interesting. I guess this means that most would never entertain using points @40K per night. Makes absolutely no sense. Smart move Hyatt.

Although, I do know some 13 year olds that can easily put more food down than an average sized adult....
Old Nov 3, 2013, 4:51 pm

Is reward booking not available online? When I select "Show Hyatt Gold Passport Points", I get
The special offer/rate you have selected is unavailable during the dates you have selected, or it is not offered at this property. Below is a list of rates available during your requested dates. To check alternate dates

To speak with a Hyatt Representative from within the US and Canada, please call 866-567-7830. To view our list of contact numbers available in other countries please click here .
I've tried with multiple dates and get the same result.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 5:08 pm

Programs: WN A+ & CP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond, *wood Plat, National EE
Originally Posted by Dom Bologna
Is reward booking not available online? When I select "Show Hyatt Gold Passport Points", I get

I've tried with multiple dates and get the same result.
No. Call them. There were plenty of award rooms for the dates we are looking to go.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 3:53 pm

Has anyone figured out if the stay certificates that come with the Chase Hyatt card can be used here, and if so, what the terms are (i.e. double occupancy only or up to maximum occupancy). Would be interested to see if it's worth getting for a trip there next year.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 12:50 pm

Just booked a 3-night award stay here for the wife and I's anniversary weekend next year! ^ We've RARELY ever gone away together somewhere without the kids in the 14+ years that we've been together, so this is a big deal!

For anybody that stays here before then, please keep us posted on how your experience was!

On a sad note, I've officially used up all of my points (I used the rest for four free nights in Florida with the family this coming May.) Time to start racking them up again!

Last edited by carnalismocc; Nov 5, 2013 at 12:55 pm
Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP
I'm glad to see Hyatt customer relations folks on this thread.

My fiancé and I are getting married at the (previously) Barceló Los Cabos next year and were extremely disappointed to only find out about the name change from news rather than directly from either the wedding coordinator, Hyatt or someone at the hotel. Any amount of notice would have been appreciated as our Save The Dates went out just a few weeks ago with what is now incorrect hotel information. It's frustrating to think that if they were more engaged with us we could have saved ourselves a lot of headache and we're concerned that our guests will get confused or, worse, book at the wrong hotel.

Question for the Hyatt team: we've tried to get back in touch with our wedding coordinator but haven't been able to do so in the last 24 hours. I understand they can be busy we're anxious to get an update out to our guests and have some questions about the changes. Who would be best for us to reach out to sooner rather than later?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:29 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by gpez
I'm glad to see Hyatt customer relations folks on this thread.

My fiancé and I are getting married at the (previously) Barceló Los Cabos next year and were extremely disappointed to only find out about the name change from news rather than directly from either the wedding coordinator, Hyatt or someone at the hotel. Any amount of notice would have been appreciated as our Save The Dates went out just a few weeks ago with what is now incorrect hotel information. It's frustrating to think that if they were more engaged with us we could have saved ourselves a lot of headache and we're concerned that our guests will get confused or, worse, book at the wrong hotel.

Question for the Hyatt team: we've tried to get back in touch with our wedding coordinator but haven't been able to do so in the last 24 hours. I understand they can be busy we're anxious to get an update out to our guests and have some questions about the changes. Who would be best for us to reach out to sooner rather than later?
Hello,

Can you please send us a PM with your contact details and the name of the coordinator that you are working with? I am happy to contact the hotel on your behalf.

Sincerely,
Mandy R.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Hello,

Can you please send us a PM with your contact details and the name of the coordinator that you are working with? I am happy to contact the hotel on your behalf.

Sincerely,
Mandy R.
Appreciate the super fast reply, Mandy. I'll PM my information to you now.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 1:52 pm
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by redbirdsj
Has anyone figured out if the stay certificates that come with the Chase Hyatt card can be used here, and if so, what the terms are (i.e. double occupancy only or up to maximum occupancy). Would be interested to see if it's worth getting for a trip there next year.
Word is, yes they can be used here. Haven't yet got an answer on what happens if you have more than two people in the room.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 4:05 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I just made a 3 night Res in February for 2 people, 20 K a night each booked into the lowest category room.

GDP CSR said there is a club lounge on the 4th floor which has "premium sweets" and some hot appetizers.. Not quite sure how much better the food will be here since it's an all inclusive property. She said the points would cover tax/grats as well, which is a pretty good deal.

If I paid cash for the room, anyone know what a suite upgrade would book into? Seems like the lowest category room is a garden view junior suite at 550sqft(which my points res booked into).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.