Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Zilara Cancun REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 20, 2013, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER

Hyatt Zilara Cancun (old Royal Cancun) - it appears that the renovations are completed and it is now taking reservations for 11/15/13 on forward. I will actually be in Cancun during that opening week. The rates are $550+ a night (2 adults) and is all inclusive. It appears that there are not any point redemption options online (called Gold Passport line too and it showed no point availability to the agent). I am assuming this is due to it being all inclusive, so time will tell if there will be an point redemption options in the future.

Last edited by CrashDavis; Oct 20, 2013 at 11:32 pm
Old Oct 20, 2013, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

All Inclusive

The luxurious adults-only, all-inclusive resort where guests experience traditional Mexican warmth with intimate yet casual elegance. Conveniently located in the heart of Cancun’s Hotel Zone, Hyatt Zilara offers breathtaking ocean views and world-class services.

All Inclusive Plan Includes:

- All-suite accommodations with breathtaking ocean views located on the widest beach in Cancn
- Fine dining options at la cart and gourmet buffet restaurants
- 24 hour in-suite dining
- Top-notch entertainment featuring live music and performances
- Unlimited alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and snacks at lounges, swim-up bars and in your suite
- Unique daily and nightly activities
- World-class facilities including a spa and wellness center, tennis courts, spectacular pools and relaxing shade shelters
- Impeccable, innovative service including beach butlers, and romance concierge
Club Premium option for a more distinctive stay
- Dramatic beach front destination
- Adults-only resort (minimum age 16)
- All resort taxes and gratuities

Club Premium Plan Option

Enjoy an even more exceptional and distinctive experience through the worldly, exclusive services, amenities and facilities offered in the Premium Plan Option, a higher standard of luxury.

Includes the standard all inclusive package amenities and services plus:

- Extra-spacious suites with terrace or balcony
- Personalized butler and concierge services
- Luxury bath amenities
- Special welcome gift and beverage
- Premium alcoholic beverages and snacks
- In-suite DVD library and a Bose sound system
- Reserved, exclusive beach cabana
- Unique suites with access to semi-private pool
- State-of-the-art gourmet coffee system
- Complimentary unlimited domestic and international telephone calls
- One-hour complimentary rental car
- Exclusive access to Chef’s Plate gourmet restaurant
Old Oct 21, 2013, 12:24 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CrashDavis
It appears that there are not any point redemption options online (called Gold Passport line too and it showed no point availability to the agent). I am assuming this is due to it being all inclusive, so time will tell if there will be an point redemption options in the future.
The website clearly shows a message that point redemptions will be available after Nov 15th....
Old Oct 21, 2013, 1:09 am

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Won't be surprised if they're at levels that we've never seen.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 2:00 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I doubt that... it's easy to find comparable rates at other locations.

And I must say what I see on the website, it's not a place I am especially eager to visit. But maybe I'm having a hard time ignoring all those fake roman decorations :-).
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Agreed

Originally Posted by RTW1
The website clearly shows a message that point redemptions will be available after Nov 15th....
Yes - I mentioned that to the agent, but she told me that there were none coming up at this time. I did not try multiple dates in the future, which may have point availability.

I agree with the other poster, if there is point redemption, it will be something that we have not seen before.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 1:10 pm

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
I'm going to disagree.. I would assume your going to pay 22K a night with an all-inclusive surcharge. Something similar to how a timeshare works..
Old Oct 21, 2013, 1:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CrashDavis
Yes - I mentioned that to the agent, but she told me that there were none coming up at this time. I did not try multiple dates in the future, which may have point availability.
I read it that point redemptions will only be available for bookings that are made from that date..... No points availability before that date, the date of your actual stay doesn't matter.

Seems like a way around the no black-out promise and ensures paid stays will actually get priority untill then.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA PL, DL Gold, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by rpk113
I'm going to disagree.. I would assume your going to pay 22K a night with an all-inclusive surcharge. Something similar to how a timeshare works..
Do you mean a points surcharge or a cash supplement? I think it would be odd for the latter, but maybe I am not thinking it through correctly. In any event, if rates stay around 400-500 per night, I don't see why they would charge more than 22K for a standard AI room. Many PH go for twice that amount and remain 22K.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 5:40 pm

I would imagine that 22,000 points will be the going rate for a free night at these new AI properties. I actually just saw that the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is also now accepting reservations starting November 1st, and the going rate for 2 adults seems to be around $288.00, and when I put in 2 adults, 2 children, it goes up to around $400.00 per night.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 4:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone had success booking with points for the Zilara? When I'd called the Hyatt Passport line, they said they weren't accepting points reservations yet, but to check back sometime between March-May.

When I'd mentioned the error message on the website "Introducing Hyatt Zilara Cancun, an adults-only, all inclusive resort for guests of 16 years and above.
Hyatt Gold Passport award redemption is available for Hyatt Zilara Cancun by calling 866-567-7830 from within the US and Canada." they told me that "award redemption means that you can earn points, not reserve a room with points"

I would really love to go to this property in January/February, but I can't book airfare unless I'm sure that I can do a reservation.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 4:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Also for reference -
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content...-benefits.html

So plan your next getaway now. You can even redeem your points for Free Night Awards at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos now and Hyatt Zilara Cancun (starting November 15, 2013).

To Summarize:
* Hyatt says that the hotel is bookable with points starting 11/15.
* Trying to book says to call Hyatt Reservations
* Hyatt Reservations says it won't be available for a few months??
Old Nov 16, 2013, 4:58 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

We are currently looking into why point redemption is currently not available to book at the Hyatt Zilara Cancun . Hopefully we should have a resolution soon. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 7:56 pm

You gotta be kidding. I recently got the Hyatt visa and I'm going to Cancun mid Jan and was so pumped to redeem my 2 free nights at the zilara. Hyatt better fix this problem
Old Nov 18, 2013, 9:26 am

I just called in to try and make a reservation with both free (Visa) nights and points for February. I was told they are still working with their system to make this doable. Apparent the problem is that it is a new property and there are kinks in system. They said call back in a few days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.