Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Zilara Cancun REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Zilara Cancun REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jul 18, 2014, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by bryanport
Also has anyone paid for an upgrade from a points room to a swim up suite and if so how much were you charged?
I am also interested in the answer to this question, thanks!
Old Jul 18, 2014, 11:31 am

I have been told by friends that Diamond members do get a complimentary one step room upgrade during check in and late check out.

For those of you who have visited the hotel, do you know if Diamond members are eligible for any other benefits?
Old Jul 18, 2014, 10:20 pm

Hi all,

We stayed here for our anniversary back in mid June and had a great time! Stayed four nights on points. Didn't leave the resort once!!

To help answer some of your questions, we booked the standard king room on points, but were able to upgrade to a high floor king suite for $80 a night. This bumped us up to the premium floors and got us the reserved cabana, the chefs plate reservations, etc. It was well worth it in my opinion for the larger balcony and added perks. The hammock on the balcony was my favorite thing!! I practically lived on it!

Prior to the trip I tracked down the chief concierge's name and contact. He may take a day or two to respond and you might have to followup occasionally but he was great! He made all of our dinner reservations, set up my wife's spa appointment, and was able to confirm the room upgrade and rate prior to check in. I recommend you guys reach out to him as well to help get your upgrades confirmed.

His name is Marcelo Peon and his e-mail is [email protected].

Let me know if you have any other questions about the resort.

Kyle
Old Jul 18, 2014, 10:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Smile

We were there in March. Had lovely stay except very noisy room by the large lobby. There is loud entertainment there every night and we turn in early. Make sure you are away from the lobby or above the 4th floor. We were on 4th floor, Rooms above that have no problem. The room was great, view beautiful, and food plentiful and delicious. I expect we had the diamond upgrade they mentioned at check in because I saw much less desirable locations. I appreciated the late check out (3 pm) and food until 9 pm. I have been Diamond for over 12 years now and I love it when every thing is quite perfect.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton, Southwest "A" and "CP" Hertz 5*
My wife and I stayed here last February we arranged transport for something less than 90 I believe. We booked it for just us 2. It makes it a bit better. I have never had a bad experience from any of the drivers or conditions they keep their equipment in. I had not looked at using the Hyatt limo but will next time.

We stayed there 6 nights and then went to villa labella in isla mejuures for 3 night and then one night back at zilara.

I do travel a lot and have to say that this was the best experience I have ever had at Hyatt in my life. Every detail was excellent from arrival to departure on both stays. I had contacted the hotel about 1 month prior to arrival and had them just go ahead and make dinner reservations. Each and every meal was excellent! We chose to have room service for breakfast every morning and service was very fast and expertly done.

If you can find the waiters Norberto and Alberto. Both are fantastic. Norberto It was like he was reading my mind. Just great great service from him he is a top one percent! All servers are excellent and you will not be disappointed.

We hit Mexico 1 or 2 times a year and have stayed in a few all inclusive and always felt trapped and typically really don't care for the food that much and will often travel off site for a break from the all inclusive. Well not at zilara. Other than walking down the beach we did everything at zilara. To me that says it all!

The hotel was full/they were staffed with great people/the pool and property are great.

I'm saving my points to go again! Now my children are mad at me because I'm hoarding my points and not giving them so much! Oh too bad.

I'am diamond had booked the standard king was on 7th floor.

Thanks Hyatt for going to this format it is a huge success!
Old Nov 13, 2014, 7:30 am

Has anyone stayed here recently? Looking at a trip to a Hyatt in the Caribbean next May for my anniversary and wondering which Hyatt I should go with. I think me and my wife prefer the AI, but I'm not opposed to other Hyatt hotels as well. We'll be booking flights on Southwest with points and right now Cancun is the cheapest point redemption.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by dshelbyjr
Has anyone stayed here recently? Looking at a trip to a Hyatt in the Caribbean next May for my anniversary and wondering which Hyatt I should go with. I think me and my wife prefer the AI, but I'm not opposed to other Hyatt hotels as well. We'll be booking flights on Southwest with points and right now Cancun is the cheapest point redemption.
I stayed a couple of months ago for 3 nights and loved it. Wrote an extensive review on my blog over at Saverocity (The American Travel Project). I added lots of photos and as many details as I could to the review!

I am staying at the new Zilara opening in Jamaica in a couple of weeks...booked after Cancun because I had a great time & thought it was an excellent points value.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by jandmmom
I stayed a couple of months ago for 3 nights and loved it. Wrote an extensive review on my blog over at Saverocity (The American Travel Project). I added lots of photos and as many details as I could to the review!

I am staying at the new Zilara opening in Jamaica in a couple of weeks...booked after Cancun because I had a great time & thought it was an excellent points value.
when will you be at Rose Hall? if before Dec 9 I hope/expect a good review
Old Nov 14, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Hyatt Zilara Cancun (Open 11/15/13) - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

I've stayed at both Zillara Cancun & Ziva Los cabos (currently closed from re hurricane). Both properties are spectacular and different from each other in many ways. Hyatt has done an INCREDIBLE job with there all-inclusive line. If you have specific questions I'm happy to answer.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 8:00 am

Mrredskin- I hope it's worthy of a good review we will be going in 2 weeks! Fingers crossed for a smooth opening....I will do an extensive review when we get back
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
I have read the entire thread, even called hyatt and got different answers. What is the actual point cost per night? I want to use my points to stay here. The basic room level is ok. If not, what is the premium reward rate. Thanks.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:56 am

Ziva is 20,000 per night & Zillara (adults only) is 25,000 per night. I have stayed in Premium at both properties. Premium is NOT worth the additional points.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by flyer121
Ziva is 20,000 per night & Zillara (adults only) is 25,000 per night. I have stayed in Premium at both properties. Premium is NOT worth the additional points.
Thanks for the response.
I called and inquired about 4 adults per room at Zilara, I was told 40K. So is it 40K because there is a 2 extra adult surcharge or where they up-selling me to a Premium room? I specifically inquired about max room capacity and was told that 4 adults is max per standard double room.

thanks
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:26 am

The base point price of 20,000 for Ziva & 25,000 for zillara is for MAXIMUM 2 people. 10,000 extra per person additional beyond 2. I would strongly suggest two rooms instead of one room with four people. It would be the same amount of points.

Last edited by flyer121; Nov 20, 2014 at 1:10 pm
Old Nov 21, 2014, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by flyer121
The base point price of 20,000 for Ziva & 25,000 for zillara is for MAXIMUM 2 people. 10,000 extra per person additional beyond 2. I would strongly suggest two rooms instead of one room with four people. It would be the same amount of points.
Thanks a lot for your response & recommendation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.