Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Columbus GA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2013, 6:31 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

We had a 3 night stay at this property last weekend. The property is in a typical suburban location with an IHOP and a Texas Roadhouse next door for dining option - many other national chains within 2 mile drive.

The property itself appears to be a purpose built Hyatt Place (not remodeled Amerisuites). That said, my dislike of the rooms remain the same (noisy through the wall HVAC although controlled by a wall thermostat and the vanity area being in the room itself, making it impossible to sleep if companion is up getting ready.

Staff is friendly and appeared to recognize Diamond status well - our 2 rooms were pre-assigned next to each other and two drink coupons were prepared before arrival. The slight downfall was that for the second room I used points for 2 nights and last night with my Chase anniv night (I know this is only cat 1 but it expires in February), that room key stopped working after the 2nd night necessitating a trip back yo the front desk to checkin. A slight late checkout 1:30 was readily granted the last morning.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 9:29 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 6/10 to 6/11

Location: The hotel is located in North Columbus (as its name Hyatt Place Columbus North indicates) just to the east of I-185 at exit 10. It's also near US 80 and 27 so it's very easy to get around from here. CSG Airport is about 5 minutes away and Downtown Columbus 10-15. ATL is about 1 hour and 20 minutes north. Nearby are a number of stores and restaurants including a Texas Roadhouse adjacent to the hotel and an amazing liquor store 1000 feet away.

Hotel: The exterior looks really good but the interior is starting to fall apart a little. There's the standard HP Lobby with the snack area and bar and breakfast area and some seating as well as a two computer business center. The two elevators meanwhile run really slowly and there are some waits. The parking lot is also a little on the small side. The hallways are a little dingy looking and badly lit.

Check In: A friendly agent checked me in and thanked me for being Discoverist and gave me a coupon for a free water.

Room: Aging badly. There was a big red stain on the wall by the TV that looked like blood. The room phone didn't work on either handset or speaker. Soundproofing is awful, you can hear every word someone is saying in the hallways or inside their room when you're in the hall, and there are no outlets near the bed. The sink also made a godawful racket if you put the faucet on cold.

Breakfast: Currently limited to just microwave Jimmy Dean sandwiches, fruit, yogurt and packaged gas station style pastries.

Staff: I was given incorrect information about the business center being closed by one employee which was annoying. The agent who checked me out was at least helpful and concerned about the room issues.

Pretty disappointing for a Hyatt. There are a lot of options in Columbus so I'll probably stick to the other places.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.