Community
Wiki Posts
Search

International Mountain Hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2013, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

International Mountain Hotel?

Flush with Hyatt points. Looking for a international hotel that we could either ski from or hike from. Well aware of Park City (have a stay booked) and Beaver Creek in the US. I am looking for an international location. Thanks to anyone who can help!
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle
Originally Posted by Mbcijim10
Flush with Hyatt points. Looking for a international hotel that we could either ski from or hike from. Well aware of Park City (have a stay booked) and Beaver Creek in the US. I am looking for an international location. Thanks to anyone who can help!
How about the newly opened Park Hyatt Changbaishan and Hyatt Regency Changbaishan?

http://changbaishan.park.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
http://changbaishan.regency.hyatt.co...otel/home.html
Old Oct 15, 2013, 10:30 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Hyatt Regency Kathmandu or Hyatt Regency Hakone? Not sure about skiing though.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:20 am
Used to be hamajicky

Park Hyatt Mendoza?
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! I'll look into all 3.
I wasn't thinking China when I wrote that but skiing with a bunch of Chinese would sure be a cultural experience in Changbaishan! My wife would role her eyes at Hakone. I love to seek out hot springs that the public can access in the deep woods. I've driven her nuts on some of our journeys! Kathmandu is definitely on my bucket list.

Anyone else have any recommendations I would appreciate it. Hyatt doesn't have a good search function by activities.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 5:58 pm

Programs: SPG P, HH G, MR G, IHG P, Hyatt D
Originally Posted by Mbcijim10
Thanks everyone! I'll look into all 3.
I wasn't thinking China when I wrote that but skiing with a bunch of Chinese would sure be a cultural experience in Changbaishan! My wife would role her eyes at Hakone. I love to seek out hot springs that the public can access in the deep woods. I've driven her nuts on some of our journeys! Kathmandu is definitely on my bucket list.

Anyone else have any recommendations I would appreciate it. Hyatt doesn't have a good search function by activities.
I can recommend the Hyatt Changbaishan. I have not stayed at either one of the Hyatt's there but have looked at their show-rooms. Very nice, spacious and well done. The ski slopes and lifts are 5 minutes walking. There are ton's of people on the beginner hill but not that many on the advance slopes. You can get a ski package for about 300$ which includes, ski, helmet, clothes, lift acess for 2 as well as breakfast and lunch for 2. I have stayed ate nearby Sheraton, Westin and HIR and done the skiing from there. The airport to fly into is NBS.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 6:44 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

No skiing at Hakone, scratch that one from the list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.