Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Suite Certs for Diamond Challenge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2013, 1:00 pm
LTH
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, SPG Platinum

I've completed the diamond challenge this year, and my status will be active until Feb 2015. I see that I've been granted four suite certificates that will expire Feb 2014. If I complete the full 50 nights this year, will I receive another four that will expire Feb 2015? Thanks.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 1:36 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You will receive another 4 anyway because you qualified after the 2014 cutoff date for the trial....
Old Oct 14, 2013, 3:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I did the same thing. I got 4 certs to use now and they all 4 expire end of Feb 2014. Then in Mar 2014, I will get 4 more that expire 1 year later.

Important to note that you don't have to stay in room suite before the expiration dates...you only have to use them before the expiration date. ie. purchase the room using the certs before they expire, but the date of your stay can be later.....
Old Oct 14, 2013, 3:32 pm
LTH
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
I did the same thing. I got 4 certs to use now and they all 4 expire end of Feb 2014. Then in Mar 2014, I will get 4 more that expire 1 year later.

Important to note that you don't have to stay in room suite before the expiration dates...you only have to use them before the expiration date. ie. purchase the room using the certs before they expire, but the date of your stay can be later.....
Ha! Good to know! Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2013, 3:33 pm
LTH
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RTW1
You will receive another 4 anyway because you qualified after the 2014 cutoff date for the trial....
Great, thanks!
Old Oct 16, 2013, 7:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus

Slight clarification.. You just need to reserve your room with the suite upgrade applied prior to the suite upgrade expiry date (February 28, 2014), and you can complete your stay after the suite upgrade expiry date. Note, no changes allowed.

Since you've qualified for the Challenge and you're a Diamond Member until February 28, 2015, you'll receive a new set of suite upgrades March 1st, 2014. Be sure to make your reservations prior to February 28, 2014 for the current certificates that you have now, otherwise they'll expire.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 2:28 pm

Do you only receive the certs AFTER completing the challenge? Or do you get it as soon as you enroll in the challenge. I'm planning on starting the challenge in a week, and would like to know if my reservations can use the certs or not.

Thanks,
Old Oct 17, 2013, 3:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by chinyun02
Do you only receive the certs AFTER completing the challenge? Or do you get it as soon as you enroll in the challenge. I'm planning on starting the challenge in a week, and would like to know if my reservations can use the certs or not.

Thanks,
When approved for the Diamond Challenge, you are Diamond for the 60 day period of the Challenge. You receive 4 Diamond Suite Upgrade Certificates during your Challenge which you get to keep if you complete the Challenge or not.

You may use the Diamond Suite Upgrades for reservations (subject to availability) during your Challenge.

If you are unsuccesful to complete the 12 qualifying nights, then you will no longer be Diamond after the Diamond Challenge expires.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.