Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Are All Hyatt Houses Business-Traveler Unfriendly?

Are All Hyatt Houses Business-Traveler Unfriendly?

Old Oct 13, 2013, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Question Are All Hyatt Houses Business-Traveler Unfriendly?

I asked this as part of a review thread, but I think it deserves its own thread if my experience holds throughout.

I am looking at a stay in the Chicago suburbs of several weeks, and took a look at the Hyatt House in Naperville. Nice place, good location for me, but one glaring fault. The one and two bedroom units have no desk or acceptable work area. The studios have a small desk, but certainly nothing that would serve serious needs. But how does Hyatt design a hotel for long term guests without desks??? The units have a small table in the kitchen area, with 2 chairs on one side and a padded bench on the other. No offense intended, but they look like they were designed by a 1960s housewife.

So are all Hyatt House hotels like that? I spent time in a brand new Marriott Residence Inn in CA recently, and the GM there said they used input from business travelers to improve the design, including bigger desks and relocating the work area to a more desirable place. So is Hyatt no longer competing for business travelers?
Old Oct 13, 2013, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
The Hyatt House San Diego Sorrento Mesa recently remodeled; prior to that, it had desks. I've only been in one remodeled room so far, which didn't :-(
Old Oct 13, 2013, 11:35 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
I just stayed 6 nights at the Hyatt House in Old Scottsdale and it was perfect.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 5:40 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I just stayed two nights at the Hyatt Houses throughout Kansas City (Overland Park/Convention and MCI Airport) and they both had desks that allowed me to do work.

It's more unfortunate to me that the downstairs is usually too loud to do work, unlike the RC's. Both of the ones that I stayed at had an awesome layout downstairs that I would have loved to work at! (a circular booth with a private TV!)
Old Oct 14, 2013, 7:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by healthnut
I just stayed two nights at the Hyatt Houses throughout Kansas City (Overland Park/Convention and MCI Airport) and they both had desks that allowed me to do work.

It's more unfortunate to me that the downstairs is usually too loud to do work, unlike the RC's. Both of the ones that I stayed at had an awesome layout downstairs that I would have loved to work at! (a circular booth with a private TV!)
Are these Hyatt House or Hyatt Place?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 8:48 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Hyatt house properties are rather inconsistent. There aren't that many of them and some are converted from other chains (Wyndham?), some are Former Sierra, and a few are purpose built. I've been at 3-4 and they are all quite different.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are these Hyatt House or Hyatt Place?
Oh shoot! Hyatt Places! Sorry about that... I must have read the title too fast!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.