Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

booked wrong date, awesome hyatt service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2013, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Most of the time forums are filled with complaints and good service is not thanked. This mistake was entirely my fault, but Hyatt was awesome in the way they handled it. I accidentally booked a hotel a week off. I got an email on for a folio with an $800 no-show fee on my card. I pretty much wanted to throw up right there.

Fortunately a call to Hyatt and they were able to waive the fee and rebook me. The issue was absolutely my own fault, so I'm very thankful for hyatt for being very accommodating.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 8:46 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I agree..........I think Hyatt is awesome!
I booked a stay months ago using BRG and discovered I needed to add on a couple of nights. The rate now is over $200 extra/night but they added the extra nights onto my reservation at the incredible BRG price.
AND I am using a suite upgrade.
So, I 100% agree with you
Old Oct 11, 2013, 12:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by frogss29
I booked a stay months ago using BRG and discovered I needed to add on a couple of nights. The rate now is over $200 extra/night but they added the extra nights onto my reservation at the incredible BRG price.
I also agree 100%. I recently had a reservation in MSP but United bumped me at SFO. A call to Hyatt after the reservation deadline resulted in them rebooking that night from MSP to SFO. Very classy.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 12:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by frogss29
Nice.
Was this done by you calling Central Reservations in Omaha or by calling the hotel directly?
Old Oct 11, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I just called Hyatt in Australia and explained I needed to add on nights to an existing booking......had expected to pay $450/night instead of $251 booked. But they said it would be the same price. They contacted the hotel to make sure the suite was available for the extra days.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 7:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
During a stay at HR Orange County, I found lower rates on the Internet for a couple nights of the stay. I called down to front desk and mentioned that I found a lower rate for a few nights. The hotel went and lowered the entire balance of stay to the rate I found. I was honest stating that the specific nights were lower but the balance of stay had no remaining availability from what I can see.

HR Orange County is the first hotel I'm going to look up and book when visit Disneyland! Totally above my expectations!
Old Oct 12, 2013, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sprials
Most of the time forums are filled with complaints and good service is not thanked. This mistake was entirely my fault, but Hyatt was awesome in the way they handled it. I accidentally booked a hotel a week off. I got an email on for a folio with an $800 no-show fee on my card. I pretty much wanted to throw up right there.

Fortunately a call to Hyatt and they were able to waive the fee and rebook me. The issue was absolutely my own fault, so I'm very thankful for hyatt for being very accommodating.
What on earth did you book to incur 800$ no show fee?

Usually you only lose the first night room charge.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
What on earth did you book to incur 800$ no show fee?

Usually you only lose the first night room charge.
That was one night!!! Plus tax plus small no show fee.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 11:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Which hotel and what category of room?
Old Oct 13, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
I've never heard of a separate "no show fee". I can see paying for the room and tax, but a fee beyond that is unconscionable.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
What is a no-show fee?

Oh well, I'm glad this turned out ok for you in the end!
Old Oct 13, 2013, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JackE
I've never heard of a separate "no show fee". I can see paying for the room and tax, but a fee beyond that is unconscionable.
Sorry it was acutally just room fee and taxes (which are ridiculous in NYC). Not sure how to room fee got up to $700 though, normally their rooms are not that much.

But the Andaz Fifth Avenue was def an awesome stay and I would recommend for ppl looking for a hyatt in NYC. I've always thought its silly how some luxury hotels charge tons of money and then also nickel and dime you on stuff like internet, and water.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:42 am
Suspended

Sorry it was acutally just room fee and taxes (which are ridiculous in NYC). Not sure how to room fee got up to $700 though, normally their rooms are not that much.

But the Andaz Fifth Avenue was def an awesome stay and I would recommend for ppl looking for a hyatt in NYC. I've always thought its silly how some luxury hotels charge tons of money and then also nickel and dime you on stuff like internet, and water.
Perhaps the cancellation amount defaulted to the Hyatt Daily Rate plus taxes. I paid this rate when stayed at the NY Plaza last year but that was in a deluxe rose suite.

What was the rate and type of room you booked?I think I may try Andaz fifth Avenue the next time we are in NY. But that's assuming we can get suite availability.

Did they nickle and dime you here at this hotel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.