Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House Dallas/Lincoln Park REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2013, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

This is the closest Hyatt property to the SMU campus, and offers a good SMU rate, so they do tend to fill up for SMU events. If using a GPS, be aware that the N. Central Expy. address results in confusing directions, as the entrance is actually on Lincoln Park Dr. Take the Caruth Haven exit and turn right on Lincoln Park. Situated immediately adjacent to Central Expy., I would be concerned that the rooms which overlook the freeway could potentially be noisy. Each time we've stayed here, we've had a courtyard view and have never had a noise problem.

If you get a room on the 1st or 2nd floor, you can park in the adjacent gate-secured garage under cover and access your floor directly. For this part of town, the $10 charge for self-parking seems out of line. There is some street parking available, but I've never used it.

We've stayed here several times, but have never been offered an upgrade, even as a Diamond. The King studio is fine for a short stay and comes with a kitchenette with full-size refrigerator, small cook top, microwave, coffee maker, and dishwasher. It also has a living area and bedroom with walk-in closet. There is an open divider between the living and bedroom areas with a TV that swivels for viewing from either the bedroom or living area, but not both at once. From the bed, the TV is to the side. Similarly, those seated on the sofa have to view the TV from the side. (The Hyatt Place layout is much better in this respect, with the ability to easily view the TV from either the bed or sofa.) The electrical outlets are not well located, with only one on the desk and none on the bedside tables. There are some available outlets along the wall with no desk or table, requiring you to place items on the floor to charge.

Since our last stay, they have added a welcome upgrade to their breakfast with made to order omelets in addition to the standard Hyatt House fare. I wish they made the coffee and tea available throughout the day.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Stayed for 3 nights over the last long weekend. They are in the process of renovating the rooms. I got a 1 bedroom King suite (with pull out coach for the little one in the living room) that smelled of fresh paint.

1. The rooms (like mine) facing North Central do carry a decent hum of traffic noise. I actually slept better because of it in a way (I need white noise to sleep, and the freeway traffic was about right for my tastes). If you need silence, then I would recommend making a hard request to face the courtyard or at least the front of the building towards the residential type street. As for silence, I did notice a decent amount of dog barking in the hotel during the morning/ evening when I was there. So great for dog-lovers, not great if you are a napper.

2. Parking is 14$ a day added to the room, which I knew about but still think is kind of lame because the parking garage is run/operated by the hotel and this isn't the type of location that people will be staying car-less. Be sure to include it in your price comparison/decision making. The garage does access directly to the floors up to floor 3 which makes it easy to cart your luggage in/out.

3. The bed was on the softer side, which I didn't care for. Otherwise, the room finishings were all perfectly okay.

4. The 1 bedroom suite was quite tiny -- Full kitchen with all the hardware to cook (which I didn't do), and a tight living area and tight bedroom. It worked, it separated us from the kid at night (though, there wasn't a lock on the bedroom door). So it gives you (unlocked) separation and two TVs if you need/want it, but it does not really give you any 'space'.

5. Breakfast was on par for HH but was crowded every day I was there (even at 7AM).

6. Gym was tiny -- 2 treadmills, 1 bike, 1 elliptical, and a weight set with enough room for 1 medium sized person to use at a given time.

7. I stayed at less than 100$ a night, but I have often seen this property much higher (>150$ a night). Anything more than 100$ a night just doesn't seem to make sense to me. On the plus side, the location is attractive for a number of reasons, but there is a HP a few miles up near the big 5-stack 635/75 interchange which is pretty much always 80-100$ a night (with free parking) and has always suited me fine when I want a cheap place to sleep in the inner-north Dallas area. So, I doubt I will be a returning guest just based on that.
Old May 26, 2021, 7:47 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Wow Its been 4 years since anyone updated this thread with a stay experience.Is this property decent enough to stay in for a night?
Clean quiet etc good AC?
I would stay at HR Downtown but the trains are deafening there.
Old May 26, 2021, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Wow Its been 4 years since anyone updated this thread with a stay experience.Is this property decent enough to stay in for a night?
Clean quiet etc good AC?
I would stay at HR Downtown but the trains are deafening there.
I've stayed here a couple times over the past couple years as my parents live in one of the upscale apartment buildings in the area.

It's fine. Fairly spacious and quiet rooms, a small pool with hot tub, average breakfast with omelettes to order (at least pre-Covid). Nothing to write home about, but it's fine for a Hyatt House. Parking isn't free, but you can usually find a spot on the road next to it. What else do you need to know?
Old May 26, 2021, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by Daftryan
I've stayed here a couple times over the past couple years as my parents live in one of the upscale apartment buildings in the area.

It's fine. Fairly spacious and quiet rooms, a small pool with hot tub, average breakfast with omelettes to order (at least pre-Covid). Nothing to write home about, but it's fine for a Hyatt House. Parking isn't free, but you can usually find a spot on the road next to it. What else do you need to know?
Appreciate the feedback.
Are the rooms reasonably renovated odor free?Some of the reviews and photos have been horrific.
The scores are higher on TripAdvisor but then they always are.The photos of the property seem nice enough

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/hyat...-park-dallas-2
Old May 27, 2021, 6:52 am

Appreciate the feedback.
Are the rooms reasonably renovated odor free?Some of the reviews and photos have been horrific.
The scores are higher on TripAdvisor but then they always are.The photos of the property seem nice enough

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/hyat...-park-dallas-2
There were no odors that I recall whatsoever. Additionally, we had my newborn (at the time) both times so getting a solid, quiet sleep was essential for us. We did both times. I'd say overall this is everything you'd expect of a Hyatt House on the side of the freeway in the not-downtown part of Dallas. I believe it's a Category 2 that was planned to go down to Category 1 before Covid put pause on Hyatt's category change, if that gives any kind of perspective.
Old May 27, 2021, 11:00 am

There were no odors that I recall whatsoever. Additionally, we had my newborn (at the time) both times so getting a solid, quiet sleep was essential for us. We did both times. I'd say overall this is everything you'd expect of a Hyatt House on the side of the freeway in the not-downtown part of Dallas. I believe it's a Category 2 that was planned to go down to Category 1 before Covid put pause on Hyatt's category change, if that gives any kind of perspective.
Very helpful feedback.
I prefer the hard product/customer service of HR Dallas however there is simply no way to escape the freeway noise or the trains
So I will roll the dice and stay here for a night to finish up the latest Hyatt promotion before moving over to a 4 Star property for the rest of the week
Thanks again! You helped me better than Yelp or TripAd!
Old May 27, 2021, 12:26 pm

Very helpful feedback.
I prefer the hard product/customer service of HR Dallas however there is simply no way to escape the freeway noise or the trains
So I will roll the dice and stay here for a night to finish up the latest Hyatt promotion before moving over to a 4 Star property for the rest of the week
Thanks again! You helped me better than Yelp or TripAd!
Glad I could help, friend. It's definitely quiet and a no-frills hotel.

You're lifetime globalist? How did you do that? Are you super rich???
Old May 27, 2021, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
I stayed there about 18 months ago pre-COVID. It was fine, clean and nothing special. Staff were welcoming and pleasant. I will say that the first time getting into this property was a bit tricky trying to figure out where to enter but after that not a problem. Parking garage was convenient and easy to get to rooms once i figured out layout. There were decent weekend rates and I'd stay there again.
Old May 27, 2021, 9:57 pm

Glad I could help, friend. It's definitely quiet and a no-frills hotel.

You're lifetime globalist? How did you do that? Are you super rich???
Was before perhaps some years ago before I donated Hyatt hundreds of thousands over the decades to stay with them.
I think I'm well on my way to double Lifetime Globalist which doesn't exist.
My luck when I reach the threshold they will give me some more useless club upgrades.
I've never been the highest rate paying customer but been staying Hyatt long before there was a guest program and loyal I suppose.
Not typically a limited service property guy however needed location and something reasonably comfortable quiet to stay in
Old May 27, 2021, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by RDUflyer2
I stayed there about 18 months ago pre-COVID. It was fine, clean and nothing special. Staff were welcoming and pleasant. I will say that the first time getting into this property was a bit tricky trying to figure out where to enter but after that not a problem. Parking garage was convenient and easy to get to rooms once i figured out layout. There were decent weekend rates and I'd stay there again.
Good to know! Hope nothings changed to much
Old Jul 28, 2023, 5:36 pm

Quick stay post, in case someone needs it in the future.

This is a pretty out-dated hyatt house (definitely not recent, and they are going through some renovation), with very good location (depending on where you want to go).

In our case, this was the most convenient location for us.

Parking is NOT free surprisingly.. (many hyatt places in dallas area other than the downtown ones have free parking).

As a globalist booking with points, they did give me free parking.

Breakfast was generic hyatt house breakfast. NO OMELET STATION, although they advertise that they have an omelet station. Maybe this was a pre-covid thing.

Overall, nice front desk and working personnel (average Hyatt stay).
Old Jul 28, 2023, 9:42 pm

A renovation can't come quick enough for this tired property
Start first with better housekeeping standards and removing all fowl odors from hallways and rooms
They had a decent breakfast as any HH or HP goes acceptable
Old Jul 28, 2023, 10:10 pm

A renovation can't come quick enough for this tired property
Start first with better housekeeping standards and removing all fowl odors from hallways and rooms
They had a decent breakfast as any HH or HP goes acceptable
Very true. However, this property is much better than the the other HP that is about 2 miles away (Hyatt Place near Costco).
Old Jul 29, 2023, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by kakaohyatt
Very true. However, this property is much better than the the other HP that is about 2 miles away (Hyatt Place near Costco).
Good to know the best of the limited service stinkers! 😂
Kidding aside the hotel had a decent breakfast a welcome amenity of cookies and were nice
if they renovated completely the hard product and improved house keeping standards it would be a solid property
The smell of strong cleaning chemicals and ammonia in hallways disgraceful
No Hyatt Full service standards here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.