Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

"The Chase" - Game Chasing 3 Trunks Around the World

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2013, 4:13 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
I received the e-mail a few hours ago. What's the secret to winning
Old Sep 19, 2013, 4:16 pm

No luck here with either my number (no 'real' status, no stays, recent card holder however large award redemption) or my dad's (ex-diamond, stopped staying 2 years back with Hyatt).
Old Sep 19, 2013, 5:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
The promotion seems a little mysterious to me. Maybe I should have looked here first for the winning sequence. The story made no sense at all. Finished up with one trunk for no apparent reason. Only choice was a sweepstakes entry. Which is a shame, as 5,000 points would have been much more welcome.

What made me click it was the promised in the email "Play The Chase now, because everyone is a winner!" But if the thing you win is a sweepstakes entry I think that is stretching the definition of "winner" a little too far.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 5:37 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
just got my invite an hour or so ago - played and got 100 points. Better than nothing I suppose.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 5:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Got the email. Played and was offered 15%, 100 points, or an entry ballot to win 5 nights (110K points).

Another family account with the same address (plat status) was not eligible - they did not receive an email invite.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS 4mm
Originally Posted by yousavvy
I played the game for fun to narrow down the choices. This is the combo that gets you to choose from all three trunks:

paris
hong kong
spa
las vegas
chicago

one of those 3 boxes likely contains a better prize than 10% off
Originally Posted by martyYYZ
Got the email. Played and was offered 15%, 100 points, or an entry ballot to win 5 nights (110K points).

+1 Got email invite and played sequence (different from above) to get 3 trunks:

London
Dubai
spa
las vegas
chicago

was offered 15%, 100 points, or an entry ballot to win 5 nights (110K points)
Old Sep 19, 2013, 6:42 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Got the offer, played twice (first time didn't find any trunks so its lets you choose if you want to replay or see what note was left for you) replayed..found two trunks and choose the contents...got to pick from either 10% off or 15% off any Hyatt stay worldwide...choose the 15%

The game was fun and awesome to play. No real secret other than if you play once..track your moves on paper so you do the opposite if needed on next play.

Hyatt has really outdone to self with the latest 50,000 point promotion..with exceptional fast 5k posting after 5 nights and now with this promotion..which plays on the 50k promo (you'll need to play to see what I mean) along with getting great advertising for its properties, restaurants, spas and stuff depending the location you choose.

Wow Hyatt, I'm impressed..great job and Thanks!!!

Last edited by Bigshaker; Sep 19, 2013 at 6:43 pm Reason: Typo
Old Sep 19, 2013, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond

FFN was a much more fun game.....
Old Sep 19, 2013, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Red face And the little dial thingy went...

The video didn't work so skipped it. Followed the above successful path to three trunks - 10%, 15% or the sweepstakes. Illogically chose the sweepstakes.

ETA: Could the "You have already won" indicate that you should go to your account and see if anything's already turned up there? (Sorry if this just leads to more frustration.)

Last edited by Firewind; Sep 19, 2013 at 11:48 pm Reason: Much needed distillation.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 8:13 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
Originally Posted by vincentppetty
I played to the end last night, got all 3 cases and had choice of various things:
10% off
25% off
5000-points
I took the 5000-points, and they have already been deposited to my account!
what scenario?
Old Sep 19, 2013, 8:19 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
Err..took my chances trying to explore the game...got a scenario in which didn't get a trunk and only got a 10% off...

here is my scenario

Paris =restaurant-sydney-sau Paulo-chicago

didn't get a chance to not accept the "prize" maybe that only happens when u get a box to open..
Old Sep 20, 2013, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
The Discount code is universal 'DISC15' so no need to select that one.

Needless to say it is (as expected) useless for 5 properties I tried.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 1:25 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
The Discount code is universal 'DISC15' so no need to select that one.

Needless to say it is (as expected) useless for 5 properties I tried.
Thank you, skywalkerLAX. Based on your post, I proceeded to give it a try for one hotel, and found this...

Rate Rules

HYATT GOLD PASSPORT - THE CHASE GAME PRIZE 15pct Off Hyatt Daily Rate. Discount is reflected in rate at time of booking: - Valid 09SEP13-31JAN14 - Discount is based on standard guest room for single/double occupancy
Similar to your observation, it wasn't as low as other - even non-prepaid - rates on the page. But if one doesn't have access to those, it could be a winner.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 9:29 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Plat
So the game is called the "Chase" and their issuing credit card is Chase. Hmmm... coincidence?
Old Sep 20, 2013, 9:42 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Dear Flyertalker's,

There were issues with the server that have since been fixed. Members that received the email to play and were told they already received a reward even when they hadn't can try to play again and will be able to earn a reward.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.