Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:30 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by The Weekly Flyer
Just returned a couple weeks ago if anyone is interested in reading my review.

Used a Diamond Suite Upgrade and was less than pleased with the "partial ocean view suite" but finally able to move to a real ocean view suite.

Recommend the suites ending in XX39 or XX40

Really impressed with the breakfast each morning at Ka’ana Kitchen.
Was it this "upgraded" suite:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21830336-post397.html
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:46 am
fMD

Hey everyone,

I'd like to book this hotel in mid march using the 2 award nights from my Hyatt card (sign up bonus). Though, it seems like those award nights are pretty useless and most of the hotels dont show availability using them (though point awards are available). Are there any tricks to using the award nights?

Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2014, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fMD
Hey everyone,

I'd like to book this hotel in mid march using the 2 award nights from my Hyatt card (sign up bonus). Though, it seems like those award nights are pretty useless and most of the hotels dont show availability using them (though point awards are available). Are there any tricks to using the award nights?

Thanks!
The only trick I know of is persistence. If it doesn't work today, try again tomorrow. And the next day after that. And so on.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by fMD
Hey everyone,

Thanks!
Are you calling to redeem? I was under the impression that if the base rooms were available on points, you should be able to redeem them. I had no trouble redeeming mine, but I did have to call. Good luck and like the previous poster said - persistence is vital!
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:40 am

Have you called? The Chase Free Nights are weird. I've always had to call in. If you see points awards, should be able to book the Chase nights.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:29 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by fMD
Hey everyone,

Thanks!
Greetings fMD,

If you are in need of assistance checking availability for your Chase Free Night awards; please feel free to PM me your dates, and the property you would like to stay at. I would be happy to research this matter. You may also call our Gold Passport Customer Service line at 1-800-544-9288.

Safe Travels

Allie H. -A Guest Relations Associate
Old Jan 23, 2014, 10:03 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by fMD
Hey everyone,

Thanks!
The cc nights need to be booked one at a time, so if you search for 2 nights online, you won't find availability, if you search each night individually, you might find availability. You can book individually online or call to have a CSR handle it (booked individually but in one confirmation).
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
pool temperature?

I am taking my kids to andaz maui 2/25 for four nights. Last year when we went to hyatt regency maui(end of march), pool temperature was really cold. any suggestions?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: SPG
Pool was very warm Christmas week, you should have no issues.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Raincheck10
Pool was very warm Christmas week, you should have no issues.
Is the pool heated?

86 degree farenheit weather in Orlando and there was an extremely cold pool beside a heated comfortable pool. I could definitely tell the difference. Just wondering if the pools are naturally warm in the winter in Hawaii?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Is the pool heated?

86 degree farenheit weather in Orlando and there was an extremely cold pool beside a heated comfortable pool.
What was the weather like the day before? Orlando gets down below freezing sometimes. Disregarding the tallest mountaintops, the potential temperature swings are much greater in Orlando than in Hawaii.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 11:29 pm

I just returned from a 5 day trip. Thanks for all of the prior posts. The research was infinitely helpful.

My 2 cents (will try to avoid being too redundant):
-Hotel and staff were both out of this world. Were they perfect at everything? Nope, but I don't think I've ever had a 100% perfect stay anywhere and Andaz went above and beyond in so many other ways, it more than made up for any very slight issues.

-Outrigger canoe ride was a must! We saw whales about 30 feet away from us coming out of the water. One of the coolest things I've ever seen.

-Ka' Ana kitchen was awesome for breakfast & dinner. W/ Diamond, unlimited mimosas are included, you can ask for a "roadie", and you don't see any of it on your hotel bill, including gratuity.

-I asked one of the Ka'Ana chefs at breakfast where I could get good poke nearby. I meant, Foodland, fish market, etc. He said, you want some poke, I'll get you some. Ten minutes later, he brought to my table some of the freshest poke I've ever had. He literally went and got a slab of fish, cut it up and seasoned it just for me...and this was at about 8:00am. Maybe a bit early for raw fish, but I ate every morsel.

-We went with a 3 year old and the hotel was plenty family friendly. The other Wailea resorts are bigger probably with more amenities, but we loved that it wasn't crowded, no saving pool chairs, no lines, etc.

-hotel was quick to correct errors in the bill
-Morimoto was okay, very overpriced
-waves were too rough to snorkel while we were there
-free photography session is worth doing, but the pics are $$$
-drums of the pacific luau at HR Maui was awesome - my fave luau yet
-yummy waffle fries at bumbeye and Ka'ana
-earlier bathroom complaints from other posters have been addressed - i had no issues with countertops or things getting wet

PM if you have any specific ??
Old Jan 25, 2014, 8:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hailstorm
What was the weather like the day before? Orlando gets down below freezing sometimes. Disregarding the tallest mountaintops, the potential temperature swings are much greater in Orlando than in Hawaii.
Not quite freezing.. I would say 60 or 65 degree farenheit. We generally swim middle afternoon so would have an opportunity to warm up. A marked difference between the side by side pools.. one heated and one not.

I've never been to Hawaii during Christmas, but have trekked to Maui in January/February. The pool temperatures seem acceptable and we have a great time, no problems. Interested to know somehow if these Wailea hotel pools are indeed heated.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 10:32 am

Upgrade at Andaz Maui

I'm new to Gold Passport and have a couple of questions concerning upgrades.

I am booked at Andaz Maui for two free nights (via credit card offer) and two paid nights through Ultimate Rewards.

1) Can I upgrade these four nights using Hyatt GP points?
2) Would the rate be 6000 GP points per night for a suite?
3) Can I upgrade before I arrive?

Thanks for the help.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 10:36 am

Unfortunately , you can only upgrade PAID nights with points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.