Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 30, 2013, 4:39 am

Programs: United 1k | Hyatt Diamond?, Marriott Platinum (Lifetime) | IHG Platinum | Avis Chairman
There is a nice walkway to the beach and a team waiting to assist you with chairs and towels. Very nice setup indeed.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jisaac
Best swimming beach for any Hawaii Hyatt?

1) HR Waikiki. It's busy but calm.
2) Andaz Wailea soft sand fairly calm but has possibility for more sea creatures
3) GH Kauai's man-made beach
4) Tie between GH Kauai beach and HR Maui beach - both rocky and lots of waves.

Best swimming beaches in Hawaii are usually hidden and best found by exploring. We found a few over the past couple of years with some favorites on the Big Island where we had the privacy to skinny dip, you know if we so desired.

Of the hotels, AW has the best snorkeling. Directly behind the hotel out maybe 50 yards there was an active and accessible reef.
#3 GH Kauai is actually an enclosed lagoon steps away from the actual ocean. Its a simulated beach at the north entry, enclosed by man made lava rocks in a swimming pool type structure.

Its an adventure to meander and emulates a lazy river without the flow.. Nonetheless, great for the kids. A simulated experience that everyone can enjoy without having to deal with the rigors of waves, and the possibility of sea life or sharks.

Regarding (4), I actually think that HR Maui is more useful of a beach since its calmer than than GHK's real beach.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 12:18 pm

Programs: United 1k | Hyatt Diamond?, Marriott Platinum (Lifetime) | IHG Platinum | Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
#3 GH Kauai is actually an enclosed lagoon steps away from the actual ocean. Its a simulated beach at the north entry, enclosed by man made lava rocks in a swimming pool type structure.

Its an adventure to meander and emulates a lazy river without the flow.. Nonetheless, great for the kids. A simulated experience that everyone can enjoy without having to deal with the rigors of waves, and the possibility of sea life or sharks.

Regarding (4), I actually think that HR Maui is more useful of a beach since its calmer than than GHK's real beach.
You are right it is a lagoon/pool but I was referring mainly to the beach area. My 2.5 year old loved it although the "sand" can get rather warm on the feet.

I have seen the beach along Kanapali to be fairly rough at times and also I have seen the shipwreck beach to also be calm. Like anything they both vary quite a bit and neither compare to Wailea or Waikiki.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 12:39 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Exclusive Gold Passport Member Offer

This just in my email this AM
Rates were running on sale about $999.00 per night plus taxes under this exclusive offer
Upsides?

There is a kaleidoscope of culture embedded in the walls of the Andaz Maui at Wailea. Wherever you turn on the 15-acre oceanfront stretch of Mokapu Beach, it's something different. Whether it's the art on the walls, the food in the restaurant, the music in the lobby, you get an ever-changing view of Wailea and leave feeling more like a local and less like a guest.

As a Gold Passport member, become one of the first to be welcomed to the new Andaz Maui at Wailea with this exclusive invitation offer.

•Stay 4 nights and Get 2 nights free + $75 resort credit
•Stay 5 nights and get 2 nights free + $150 resort credit.

Now accepting reservations from September 1, 2013 and beyond. Please mention offer code WAILEA at time of reservation. Offer ends January 8, 2014.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 5:28 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Can we please stop posting the same WAILEA offer over and over?
Old Nov 3, 2013, 10:38 pm

Does anyone know when Morimoto is opening? There hasn't been any mention of the restaurant...Last I read, they were hoping to open by October.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Portwood
Does anyone know when Morimoto is opening? There hasn't been any mention of the restaurant...Last I read, they were hoping to open by October.
I thought I had read it was opening in November, yet there seems to be already a review for it on Yelp!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/morimoto-mau...t-wailea-kihei
Old Nov 5, 2013, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by oc2005
I thought I had read it was opening in November, yet there seems to be already a review for it on Yelp!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/morimoto-mau...t-wailea-kihei
Spoke to Concierge just now and she said it opened last night
Old Nov 5, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Seems to be lot of complaints about quality, price, sourcing etc of food. What off-property restaurants do people recommend?
Will have a car (although debating whether need it with free shuttle to Wailea)
Old Nov 5, 2013, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by anandrag
Seems to be lot of complaints about quality, price, sourcing etc of food. What off-property restaurants do people recommend?
Spago's at Four Seasons (pre-fixe menu before 6 PM and after 8:30 PM, about $50 pp).

Longhi's, Ruth's Chris (Prime time menu before 6 PM), Tommy Bahama's at Wailea Shops.

Nick's Fishmarket, Fairmont Kea Lani.

There is Cafe Ole, and more modest food Sansei (Sunday and Monday before 6 pm, line up suggested at 4:30PM for 50% off Kama'aina specials) in Kihei.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 5:18 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Spoke to Concierge just now and she said it opened last night
No menu yet on the Andaz Maui website. Maybe someone could take a picture of it and post?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:01 am

What off-property restaurants do people recommend?
Monkey Pod is a nice casual restaurant. We dined there both in Wailea and on Oahu near Ko Olina.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 10:25 am

Programs: WN A+ & CP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond, *wood Plat, National EE
Originally Posted by jisaac
Monkey Pod is a nice casual restaurant. We dined there both in Wailea and on Oahu near Ko Olina.
+1 it is a nice place. We stopped in for happy hour a couple of times during our last trip to Maui.

My wife and I have planned a trip back to Maui in January. We will be using the refunded points from our stay that was originally scheduled in August to stay at the Andaz. We are looking forward to it - it looked very nice during our tour back in August.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
I am planning to stay there next spring. It looks like a great hotel.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Is the "free shuttle to Wailea" something new?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.