FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1499414-andaz-maui-review-master-thread.html)

sam_goh Aug 20, 2016 2:32 pm

There is a lounge available with showers and storage if you aren't able to secure a late checkout. I've been fortunate with those, including once a 6 or 7 pm one.

Membersince2013 Aug 20, 2016 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by sam_goh (Post 27093983)
There is a lounge available with showers and storage if you aren't able to secure a late checkout. I've been fortunate with those, including once a 6 or 7 pm one.

If you talking about the lounge at the airport, i found that the lounges are only for Hawaiian airlines.

sam_goh Aug 20, 2016 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by Membersince2013 (Post 27094390)
If you talking about the lounge at the airport, i found that the lounges are only for Hawaiian airlines.

No - there's actually a lounge at the Andaz too. Has a sitting area, table + chairs, 3-4 showers and bathrooms and lockers.

Only took me 4 trips to figure that out :)

Membersince2013 Aug 20, 2016 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by sam_goh (Post 27094588)
No - there's actually a lounge at the Andaz too. Has a sitting area, table + chairs, 3-4 showers and bathrooms and lockers.

Only took me 4 trips to figure that out :)

Where is it? Lounge for everyone?

m0hamed Aug 20, 2016 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Membersince2013 (Post 27094840)

It's a 'transit' lounge. Some resorts have them so you can still be on property after you check out and still freshen up. It works for arrival before check in too.

Membersince2013 Aug 21, 2016 1:27 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 27094931)
It's a 'transit' lounge. Some resorts have them so you can still be on property after you check out and still freshen up. It works for arrival before check in too.

Thanks..Only place i've ever seen that is at the Park Hyatt Paris

canyonleo Aug 21, 2016 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Membersince2013 (Post 27092846)
Crazy..Should have done my research before picking this place. Also, i've been asking for the diamond perk for the past 3 days and no one brought it. First i asked for red wine and chocolate cover strawberries at check in and no one brought it. Called the next day to ask for red wine and cookies instead, no one brought it. Im not even going to ask today. I'll just request the points are checkout. The property doesn't seem like its in the most optimal location. Unless if you're one of those people that like to do almost all your activities in the hotel, you'll have to drive a little while..

Not optimal location? Depends what one is looking for. The beach and reef locations are OPTIMAL. Mokapu is a great quiet beach, Ulua is a great medium-quiet beach, both with ample parking. Ulua reef is a top-3 beginner reefs on the entire island, and for me as an expert a top-10 reef.

One can walk to the Mall or the convenience/deli store (in the Mall parking lot - good poke here), but yet one isn't in a "town" (e.g. Kihei, as opposed to a resort "village" like Wailea).

OPTIMAL.

Biggie Fries Aug 21, 2016 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by l380 (Post 27093017)
As I managed to book the Pool Side Suite, I'm just wondering if it is worth it to redeem my DSU on this room type. It will be me and my girlfriend's first time visiting Maui and we are looking for a relaxing vacation. From what I read on the forum, it seems like the Pool Side Suite is located on the Makai Tower's first floor and it doesn't get any view at all. Would you say the major advantages of this room type are the size of the room, direct access to the 'adult only pool' and potential upgrade to the better suite? My alternative plan is to use my DSU at HR Maui. So any advice would be much appreciated. :)

Okay, everyone's got their own tastes, so, yeah, it's not a "view" room, but we really loved it for the privacy and the pool. Well worth a DSU, in my opinion. Good for a couple.

sam_goh Aug 21, 2016 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Membersince2013 (Post 27094840)

Bottom floor North wing, Ohana lounge I think is what it's called. Quite a few people used it, but we were there during peak period last year Xmas - New Years.

@l380 - I think to each his own. The pool side suites don't have a lot of privacy unless you put the blinds down. Sheers are sheer. If you do that, then the room is really dark. Doesn't give me the Maui mood at all. It's a significantly larger room than a standard room, but I'd almost pick a regular room with a view than one of those.

Now if you can get into x39 or x40 suites 4th floor and up.... then you're talking. We watched the new years fireworks from 739 to roll in 2016 and that's a special room and view.

Michael Ad Aug 21, 2016 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by canyonleo (Post 27097822)
Not optimal location? Depends what one is looking for. The beach and reef locations are OPTIMAL. Mokapu is a great quiet beach, Ulua is a great medium-quiet beach, both with ample parking. Ulua reef is a top-3 beginner reefs on the entire island, and for me as an expert a top-10 reef.

One can walk to the Mall or the convenience/deli store (in the Mall parking lot - good poke here), but yet one isn't in a "town" (e.g. Kihei, as opposed to a resort "village" like Wailea).

OPTIMAL.

Agreed. I've stayed at a bunch of places on Maui, and this has the best location of any, to date.

canyonleo Aug 22, 2016 9:03 am

Originally Posted by sam_goh (Post 27098799)
Bottom floor North wing, Ohana lounge I think is what it's called. Quite a few people used it, but we were there during peak period last year Xmas - New Years.

@l380 - I think to each his own. The pool side suites don't have a lot of privacy unless you put the blinds down. Sheers are sheer. If you do that, then the room is really dark. Doesn't give me the Maui mood at all. It's a significantly larger room than a standard room, but I'd almost pick a regular room with a view than one of those.

Now if you can get into x39 or x40 suites 4th floor and up.... then you're talking. We watched the new years fireworks from 739 to roll in 2016 and that's a special room and view.

Just another data point, and yes it's personal preference as a view-lover, but I greatly prefer any non-partial view room (i.e. south facing mid-wing or west facing south wing) a few floors up over a pool suite or any first floor suite, especially the north facing mid-wing pool suites which I hate - no matter the extra room of these suites.

jackthedog Aug 22, 2016 10:00 pm

I used a DSU to get into a pool suite on a decent paid rate. Anyone have experience negotiating or receiving an upgrade beyond that in recent history?

Kacee Aug 23, 2016 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Membersince2013 (Post 27095704)
Only place i've ever seen that is at the Park Hyatt Paris

It's not uncommon at Hawaii resorts due to all the red-eye departures.

m0hamed Aug 23, 2016 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 27107168)
It's not uncommon at Hawaii resorts due to all the red-eye departures.

Also French Polynesia.

bxs Sep 1, 2016 6:47 am

Hi guys,

Will be in Andaz next week so can anyone please PM me about Kihei parking option?

Thanks in advance.