Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2016, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Glob, EX-AS 75k
Great Memorial Day weekend stay!

We spent 4 nights this weekend at the Andaz Maui and went with some pretty high expectations. Had a wonderful time -- great place -- can't wait to go back! We booked a Partial Ocean View Suite and had called to ask for two rollaways (we are 2 adults, 2 kids ages 11 and 13). Everything was set up for us when we arrived late at night. Checkin was streamlined and I was glad we already knew about the resort fee and what it covered because that wasn't mentioned.

Our room did not have an ocean view really at all except from standing outside on the balcony and leaning a bit ;-) We were in 139 which is just a half-story above the pool deck so also a bit loud with the towel attendants working six feet off our balcony. The room grew on us as a) we didn't need to nap and b) the walk to the pool was < 30 seconds if we needed to grab anything.

Alex with front desk management was lovely when I mentioned our room wasn't completely perfect.

Breakfast was amazing, we didn't get tired of it in 4 days. Jenny was our server most days and a total darling.

Beach activities were awesome, we did some included and some paid, the Beach Crew was fantastic especially Kristen who took my daughter SUPing. Deck staff, also great, helping out with towels and cleaning up and just being friendly.

Morimoto was delicious but we had a terrible table (even booking two months out and stopping by earlier in the day to ask for a window, we got the worst table in the house inside with a view of people's rear ends at the outside bar). I don't think they're related to Hyatt at all but I will just say lunch there was way easier and more reasonable than dinner -- next time we'll just do lunch there. Lunch on the pool deck was also great and the staff is super nice about bringing drinks without overselling.

The beach trail to all the other Wailea hotels was so nice in the evening, to talk to dinner at sunset. Don't miss the Whaler's General Store or the Island Gourmet Market at the Shops at Wailea. Great walk up for supplies or you can drive (parking is free for one hour).

Andaz housekeepers and valets were great too, there wasn't a single staff member who wasn't great the entire time we were there. Great trip!
Old May 31, 2016, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by michellt
Don't miss the Whaler's General Store or the Island Gourmet Market at the Shops at Wailea. Great walk up for supplies or you can drive (parking is free for one hour).
Great spot for buying my daily poke fix (if I wasn't driving through Kihei town at all, and although it's frozen not fresh but still damn good).
Old Jun 12, 2016, 9:20 pm

parking

Hi all! first post but I've been reading this thread for all the helpful ideas and tips.

Could someone pls pm me the detail on the kihei option for parking or do I need to pm the original poster?

Am planning going to Andaz for our honeymoon in the winter and am trying to get things planned.

Thanks so much in advance!
Old Jun 13, 2016, 6:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Roksteady1
Hi all! first post but I've been reading this thread for all the helpful ideas and tips.

Could someone pls pm me the detail on the kihei option for parking or do I need to pm the original poster?

Am planning going to Andaz for our honeymoon in the winter and am trying to get things planned.

See post #391 in this thread.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 11:58 am

this property really seems to game the system. I can't find any award availability from now till July 2017! I haven't tried every day but have spot checked here and there.

What is HGP doing about this??
Old Jun 13, 2016, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
this property really seems to game the system. I can't find any award availability from now till July 2017! I haven't tried every day but have spot checked here and there.

Might be the length of your stay. For example, March 15-20 is available, but March 15-19 is not.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
See post #391 in this thread.
I used the spot for 3 nights. Pm me and I will fwd u the details.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by Roksteady1

Send me a DM n I will fwd. u the details.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by ZBigFam

There is a minimum night stay. but they do that even on revenue stays.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by emkay
There is a minimum night stay. but they do that even on revenue stays.
I was able to book 2 nights on cash and points without any problems for this July and then 2 more opened up and I was able to book them also. I have 1 night in between reservations where I'll stay at the regency. I guess it's very ymmv.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Odds are that one night opens up and you connect it all for a five night stay, if that's what you want... for one that can check online daily for availability it almost always opens up, that's my experience - I never get what I want upon first booking, I always have to piece together multiple reservations until I finally get what I want (12 nights later this year, 14 nights last year, etc.).
Old Jun 21, 2016, 9:33 am

Combining free nights into one reservation to meet minimum stay requirements?

We want to stay at the Andaz Maui but it is showing a minimum of 5 nights required for our stay. Does anyone know if it is possible to combine my 2 free nights with my husband's 2 free nights, and then pay for the 5th night.....all into one reservation in order to meet the minimum stay requirements?
Old Jun 21, 2016, 1:54 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by hlb31071
We want to stay at the Andaz Maui but it is showing a minimum of 5 nights required for our stay. Does anyone know if it is possible to combine my 2 free nights with my husband's 2 free nights, and then pay for the 5th night.....all into one reservation in order to meet the minimum stay requirements?
Calling or PM the Gold Passport Concierge here on Flyertalk should be able to accomplish that. Can't do it online. Be aware that the base entry room, Garden View, must be available for the free nights that you are trying to book.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:07 am

Just booked 7 nights (5 with points and 2 with CC free nights). I have not stayed at any Hyatt properties but recently matched to Diamond from SPG and plan on staying in Ziva Cancun, Andaz Papagayo with points.

I'm currently booked in a King Garden view. For my dates, I see availability with Partial Ocean, Full Ocean, ADA Ocean, Suite.

Does it make sense to email their reservation email address and politely ask for upgrade being that we are celebrating our 5 year anniversary? Or just wait till arrival and ask and hope for the best?

What's the best approach? Does anyone have the manager's email?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by ddavid1101
Just booked 7 nights (5 with points and 2 with CC free nights). I have not stayed at any Hyatt properties but recently matched to Diamond from SPG and plan on staying in Ziva Cancun, Andaz Papagayo with points.

I'm currently booked in a King Garden view. For my dates, I see availability with Partial Ocean, Full Ocean, ADA Ocean, Suite.

Does it make sense to email their reservation email address and politely ask for upgrade being that we are celebrating our 5 year anniversary? Or just wait till arrival and ask and hope for the best?

What's the best approach? Does anyone have the manager's email?
Never hurts to ask but they get lots of "special" stays-Anniversaries, birthdays, etc. Plus you're not paying $$. 50th Anniversary might have better luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.