Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2013 Fall Discover New Possibilities Promo (bonus pts-9/9/13-11/30/13-reg by 10/31)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Fall Discover New Possibilities Promo (bonus pts-9/9/13-11/30/13-reg by 10/31)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2013, 5:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Have they actually sent out e-mails for this promo? I don't seem to have receive anything yet.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 5:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That's the way GP communicates these days.... First leak it to the blogs, then post it here and then finally inform your best customers directly.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 4:12 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I wonder what purpose is served by making people a couple of weeks before they can register????
Old Aug 24, 2013, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
I wonder what purpose is served by making people a couple of weeks before they can register????
+1
Why not be able to do it anytime after it's announced.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
People plan their travels ahead of time.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 1:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Have they actually sent out e-mails for this promo? I don't seem to have receive anything yet.
My first email promo.. how exciting. I haven't received a Hyatt promo yet as a Diamond. I'll observe with great interest to see if the promo is emailed to me.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 4:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest, Delta Diamond, UAL
Do you need to register for the promo before you make your reservations

Assuming I register for the promo on September 9th, if I make my reservations today for stays occurring after September 9th will I still get credit for them as part of the promo? Or do I need to wait until I register on September 9th and than start making my reservations?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 4:40 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
You don't need to wait.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:40 pm
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
I never understand why when these announcements are made, registrations are not ready...

So inconvenient and easy for us to forget to sign up...
Old Aug 26, 2013, 1:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
As I'm a rather newbie here.. Do you have to usually sign up for Hyatt promotions on a regular basis, or are promotions offered to GP members automatically without usually having to sign up?

This whole thing about signing up for a promotion, makes me think that Hyatt is targetting mattress runs.. creating business when otherwise isn't there.. which is smart btw.^
Old Aug 26, 2013, 1:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You have to register... only new accounts are entered automatically.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
As I'm a rather newbie here.. Do you have to usually sign up for Hyatt promotions on a regular basis, or are promotions offered to GP members automatically without usually having to sign up?

This whole thing about signing up for a promotion, makes me think that Hyatt is targetting mattress runs.. creating business when otherwise isn't there.. which is smart btw.^
You have to register but iirc it is always retroactive for gp promotions so you can do it any time...
Old Aug 26, 2013, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I'll make the 10 night level because I'm doing most of my re-qualification in the last third of the year. I probably had to do a couple of mattress runs because the freaking Madison Hyatt Place sells out so often, so this eases the pain a little.

Unfortunately, I can't get nights 11-20 to work out profitably. I ran the numbers for the closest FS Hyatt to me (Lisle) and it comes out to $0.015/point after base points, Diamond bonus, and promo points for a series of 10 one-night stays under the lowest 48 hour sale price.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by azepine00
You have to register but iirc it is always retroactive for gp promotions so you can do it any time...
As long as it is by the registration deadline, which is earlier than the end of the promo.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 8:06 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
If I book 2 rooms (at the same hotel, same night) both in my name and paid directly by me would that count as one qualifying night or two for this promo.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.