Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Where to use Suite Upgrade in So. California

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2013, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

I have a suite upgrade certificate expiring at the end of September. Looking for a mini staycation with friends and hoping to use the suite upgrade. Any recommendations on which suites would be worth it?....LA, Santa Barbara, San Diego, Palm Springs, etc.? Thanks!!
Old Aug 19, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by nsmn4945
I have a suite upgrade certificate expiring at the end of September. Looking for a mini staycation with friends and hoping to use the suite upgrade. Any recommendations on which suites would be worth it?....LA, Santa Barbara, San Diego, Palm Springs, etc.? Thanks!!
What are you looking to do on the staycation? Either Andaz if you want to party.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

no plans really. eat, drink, hang out....just relax and have fun.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 5:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The Andaz near Hollywood has a bunch of rather impressive large suites but with ordinary bathrooms. You even get a sort of sunporch small sitting area as well as a living room (including desk), high counter with barstools, dressing area, and bedroom. If you like the Andaz style and neighborhood, this one would be fun for a suite upgrade. Their suites are huge compared to suite upgrades at the Andaz Wall Street or especially Andaz Napa. They're also larger that the suite upgrades I've had at Park Hyatts, notably Washington, Toronto, and Buenos Aires but they're still not like getting a Presidential suite or equivalent in a good hotel.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 6:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Have you considered Huntington Beach?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 6:18 pm

Programs: ex-Delta DM (NWA was nice while it lasted), Hyatt Diamond
If it's going to be adult oriented and mellow, Napa might work out fine, especially with the food options in the vicinity.

If you don't mind the bustle (and the riots down the street), Huntington Beach was really really nice, especially if you're looking to hit the beach.

Palm Springs is still going to be HOT.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by nhwiki
If it's going to be adult oriented and mellow, Napa might work out fine, especially with the food options in the vicinity.
Title indicated Southern California.

Andaz West Hollywood (meets "eat, drink, hang out" desires)
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach (meets "just relax and have fun" desires)
Park Hyatt Aviara (meets "just relax and have fun" desires)
Andaz San Diego (meets "eat, drink, hang out" desires)
Old Aug 19, 2013, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, & PC
Is Carmel Highlands to north for you? Highly recommend a suite upgrade at this location. upgrades provide u a two floor suite with an awesome balcony with an breathtaking view.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 12:48 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Los Angeles. I’ve used an upgrade certificate there a couple of times and it was a great deal both times. Their regular rooms are small, the suites they put me in (bathrooms included) were enormous. I think each time I may have been upgraded beyond their basic suite for some reason, I simply requested the upgrade.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Aug 20, 2013 at 4:55 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.