Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Anyone knows Make A Wish Foudation?

Old Aug 6, 2013, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG

Hi, new to the Hyatt and noticed there's a corporate code by Make A Wish Foundation. It offers good discounts on many Hyatt properties. Has anyone used it actually and tell us your story please?
Old Aug 7, 2013, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Not even Make A Wish employees themselves are allowed to use it unless they can prove that they are on official business, so I would stay far away from actually booking a rate with this code.

It's usefulness is in determining just how far a hotel is willing to go in reducing its prices.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Maybe they are able to get some tax-deductions for the discount they provide....
Old Aug 7, 2013, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RTW1
Maybe they are able to get some tax-deductions for the discount they provide....
Doubtful that can be arranged for every country in the world where it is accepted...
Old Aug 7, 2013, 7:13 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lukapapa
Hi, new to the Hyatt and noticed there's a corporate code by Make A Wish Foundation. It offers good discounts on many Hyatt properties. Has anyone used it actually and tell us your story please?
Wow, abusing a negotiated rate for a charity, intended for those beneficiaries of a 'Wish' and their families. Has to be one of the lowest posts I've seen on FT.

As someone who works in the sector I think this is irresponsible, grotesque and selfish.

Last edited by m0hamed; Aug 7, 2013 at 7:20 am
Old Aug 7, 2013, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Wow, abusing a negotiated rate for a charity, intended for those beneficiaries of a 'Wish' and their families. Has to be one of the lowest posts I've seen on FT.

As someone who works in the sector I think this is irresponsible, grotesque and selfish.
Yeah, I'm a Wish Granter and this makes me want to vomit
Old Aug 7, 2013, 8:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

What's the difference with abusing a corporate rate? It's not like the foundation is paying for the room....
Old Aug 7, 2013, 9:19 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by RTW1
What's the difference with abusing a corporate rate? It's not like the foundation is paying for the room....
the difference between a MAW rate and corporate? you mean the rate for parents and family of children suffering from cancer? you tell me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.