Diamond Upgrade

Old Aug 6, 2013, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Diamond Upgrade

Looking to stay at the Park Hyatt Tokyo. As a diamond, if I book a suite my first night and standard room the next 3 nights, will they just let me keep the suite for all 4 nights or will I need to check out the second night?
I'd like to use my suite certifcate.

Anyone with experience?
Old Aug 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Diamond suite upgrade certs, of which you get four, are good for a stay of up to and including (IIRC) seven nights.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

But i'm using points to redeem the other 3 nights and 1 suite room. I think the upgrades are only available on paid stays.
I'd like to use my suite night redemption, but not sure if they will knock me back down to a deluxe room or let me keep the suite?
Old Aug 6, 2013, 1:32 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
you're going to more than likely be moved back down given the hotel, unless its not a busy time. (or use points to book the suite room)
Old Aug 6, 2013, 1:36 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hqly2001
But i'm using points to redeem the other 3 nights and 1 suite room. I think the upgrades are only available on paid stays.
I'd like to use my suite night redemption, but not sure if they will knock me back down to a deluxe room or let me keep the suite?
This is important information.

My guess is that the Tokyo Park Hyatt will make you move. Your next three days would be using a rate that isn't eligible for the Diamond upgrade. Hotels in Asia tend to follow the rules.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 1:38 pm

Looking to stay at the Park Hyatt Tokyo. As a diamond, if I book a suite my first night and standard room the next 3 nights, will they just let me keep the suite for all 4 nights or will I need to check out the second night?

Anyone with experience?
This OP did not mention the use of free nights.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 2:02 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
And even more so, for hotels in Japan.
It would be tough, since it's the 3 nights that's required upgrading.

You could use points to book suite for the other 3 nights, which is perfect, since the min. is 3 days) instead. So you could have all 4 nights in suite.
It's 33k for suite for cat 6. I think it's a really great bargain.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This is important information.

My guess is that the Tokyo Park Hyatt will make you move. Your next three days would be using a rate that isn't eligible for the Diamond upgrade. Hotels in Asia tend to follow the rules.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 5:24 am

Anyone with experience?
They're not stupid. There might be a chance if 3 nights are paid nights upgrade with a DSU and a points booking for the final night, but certainly not when it's 1 night in suite + 3 nights in standard. I wouldn't even bother asking.

If you press them, they will probably point out that you could have redeemed more points for a suite.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.