Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Siem Reap REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Siem Reap REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2015, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by chavala
Same here -- booked late November / early December, it was wide open.
Same. We booked around new years on points and cash.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
Anyone?
Saw your post and got nervous because I have been meaning to book for mid December but kept forgetting. Just called and was able to secure 4 nights with P+C and used my chase anniversary night also. Hopefully you found the dates you were looking for.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 1:35 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
Just finished a stay here last week. I love this hotel. Friendly staff with two great restaurants and also a nice room upgrade after I had some trouble with room noise. Ended up in a two bedroom suite with its own pool, doesn't get much cooler than that. Breakfast was also great - they knew my order on the first day without me having to tell them (scary) and they also knew my name. It's service like that that keeps me coming back to Park Hyatt wherever they may be.

For those of you considering this hotel vs others. You won't find a hotel better located in Siem Reap to be both close to the nightlife (tourist area with restaurants, spas, bars, markets) and also close to Angkor Wat. You can walk to the Night Market, Pub Street, etc from the hotel in about five minutes and you're just a Tuk Tuk or Taxi away from Angkor Wat.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: MVP Gold
I have a stupid but selfish question - does the hotel wash and reuse the slippers or are they ours to keep?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by jpdx
If you're seated in the first few rows of the plane, you'll be able to obtain Visa on Arrival within a few minutes. Even if there's a line, they're very quick. I've never gotten an advance visa, and never regretted that choice.
Perhaps not great to drag up an old(er) post but one point to make: This is not true if you're on an ATR-72 which PG and K6 mostly use in an out of REP. You want to be in back of those planes for a quick exit.

Originally Posted by autumnmist
I have a stupid but selfish question - does the hotel wash and reuse the slippers or are they ours to keep?
I don't recall the slippers being anything special. You won't have a problem packing them on your way out.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: MVP Gold
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I don't recall the slippers being anything special. You won't have a problem packing them on your way out.
As a small female, they're the first and only slippers that have fit me perfectly in the last 2 weeks of travel!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by autumnmist
As a small female, they're the first and only slippers that have fit me perfectly in the last 2 weeks of travel!
I'm on the other side of your predicament. With size 13 (US) feet I've never had a pair of hotel slippers that fit and gave up long ago.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I'm on the other side of your predicament. With size 13 (US) feet I've never had a pair of hotel slippers that fit and gave up long ago.
I always thought it was odd Asian hotels don't have bigger sizes for their Western guests.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:01 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Had an absolutely amazing three-night stay here. Upon arrival, we were upgraded to the Rooftop Balcony Suite ... 1600sqft, two villas (living and sleeping) divided by a courtyard. Plus a large balcony with a panoramic view over Siem Reap. Don't know what we did to deserve such an amazing upgrade (it was a C&P stay, and DSU suites weren't available), but given some of the earlier posts reporting above-average upgrades, it seems as though this property treats Diamonds extremely well. ^
Old Nov 29, 2015, 12:51 am

Am at the hotel now. Was disappointed that there was no lounge. Service was also disappointing initially until they had figured out that I was diamond. Used a DSU and the suite is pretty good. Did anyone request and recieve the Closed Club Lounge Bonus — 2,500 Points? Who did you submit the request to?
Old Nov 29, 2015, 1:08 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by phiota
Am at the hotel now. Was disappointed that there was no lounge. Service was also disappointing initially until they had figured out that I was diamond. Used a DSU and the suite is pretty good. Did anyone request and recieve the Closed Club Lounge Bonus — 2,500 Points? Who did you submit the request to?
Closed club points only applies if there is actually a club at the hotel and it is closed or you are not provided access for another reason, such as over capacity. That is not the case at this hotel as they don't have a club.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 4:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Is it true that there are no entry-level suites (the ones normally confirmed on a DSU) facing the courtyard? If all of them face the street, which I have heard can be noisy, I'm wondering if we would be better off hoping for an upgrade to a Park Deluxe View room, which faces the courtyard and is not all that much smaller than the suite.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jpdx
Had an absolutely amazing three-night stay here. Upon arrival, we were upgraded to the Rooftop Balcony Suite ... 1600sqft, two villas (living and sleeping) divided by a courtyard. Plus a large balcony with a panoramic view over Siem Reap. Don't know what we did to deserve such an amazing upgrade (it was a C&P stay, and DSU suites weren't available), but given some of the earlier posts reporting above-average upgrades, it seems as though this property treats Diamonds extremely well. ^
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Is it true that there are no entry-level suites (the ones normally confirmed on a DSU) facing the courtyard? If all of them face the street, which I have heard can be noisy, I'm wondering if we would be better off hoping for an upgrade to a Park Deluxe View room, which faces the courtyard and is not all that much smaller than the suite.
I would say that there are more than enough reports of suite upgrades well above the entry-level - ^ - to suggest that it's worth gambling and using a DSU here. Worst case scenario is you get an entry-level suite and have to ask about a room change if the first night is too noisy.

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Closed club points only applies if there is actually a club at the hotel and it is closed or you are not provided access for another reason, such as over capacity. That is not the case at this hotel as they don't have a club.
The only Park Hyatt I'm aware of with a lounge is Hamburg, although Tokyo lets you do happy hour. It's not at all brand standard. As mentioned 2,500 points only applies to closed lounges and I can't recall seeing any regularly closed lounge outside of North America.

Besides, and I've mentioned this up thread, the breakfast here is so amazing it would be a shame to be forced to eat in a lounge...
Old Nov 29, 2015, 9:11 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by craigthemif
I would say that there are more than enough reports of suite upgrades well above the entry-level - ^ - to suggest that it's worth gambling and using a DSU here. Worst case scenario is you get an entry-level suite and have to ask about a room change if the first night is too noisy.
We had the entry level suite last year, and I found it unimpressive (and noisy). If you have expiring DSUs laying around, you might as well use them, but considering that few people stay in Siem Reap for anywhere near a week, I'm tempted to say it's likely to be a waste for 2-3 nights.

To clarify regarding my upgrade to the rooftop balcony villa the other week, I did NOT use a DSU. I was on the fence, but there were no standard suites available. This hotel treats Diamonds well, so I'd say see what the upgrade fairy brings...
Old Nov 29, 2015, 12:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
???

One of the nice things about the Park Hyatts is you get the full breakfast rather than being forced to do an inferior buffet in the lounge.

As others have noted, no 2500 point bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.