I call Shenanigans

Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:28 am

Writing a travel blog will likely increase your invitations. Very time-consuming, however.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by hobo13
I don't know why you guys are giving the OP so much grief....

talking to CS will probably have more of an effect than starting this thread!
I think they will both have the same affect: 0.

How many times a day do you think your average customer service lackey hears complaints or "unless you _____, Im taking all my business elsewhere?!?!!" There's absolutely nothing that any of us alone or as a group can do to bring back FFN.

Personally, I wish programs would cancel accounts on the spot for people who throw the threat of no longer staying there card. Id love to see some of those bluffs called.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by austin_modern
"But I'm a diamond member...."

Priceless ^

Still an all time classic.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond

How many times a day do you think your average customer service lackey hears complaints or "unless you _____, Im taking all my business elsewhere?!?!!" There's absolutely nothing that any of us alone or as a group can do to bring back FFN.

Personally, I wish programs would cancel accounts on the spot for people who throw the threat of no longer staying there card. Id love to see some of those bluffs called.
It starts at early age and it's called "whining".... It also falls into "freedom of speech"
Old Jul 22, 2013, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.

While I posted here that I was not booking, I did not threaten that with CS, that would be lame. My diamond is renewed and I will join the crowd that gets the we miss you emails for the next few months.

Last edited by Markie; Jul 23, 2013 at 10:40 am
Old Jul 22, 2013, 11:27 am

@SMK77

Well said.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 4:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
I've really REALLY enjoyed my Hyatt stays this year, GH Tampa, CA's all over, WA State....I'm very happy to be with Hyatt.....Diamond in one more stay, always feel like I get a great value and CS has been very consistent......better than most comparable chains.......
Old Jul 22, 2013, 7:14 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by SMK77
What counts at the end of the day is not how many nights you stay with Hyatt. What matters is the total turn-over. If you are spending less than 20,000 USD a year, you might have a Diamond card and Hyatt keeps you happy. But you won't be the kind of elite they are looking for.
I'm calling BS. Hyatt wants all frequent travelers to their hotels. At many different price points. Do you think that Hyatt Place and Hyatt House customers don't matter to Hyatt? If that were the case, Hyatt House/Place owners would leave Hyatt for other hotel chains.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:33 pm

I read the originalginsl poster's comments more as "hey, every targeted campaign seems to miss your best customers" as opposed to some entitlement claim.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
I read the original poster's comments more as "hey, every targeted campaign seems to miss me" as opposed to some entitlement claim.
fixed that.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 2:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
I'm calling BS. Hyatt wants all frequent travelers to their hotels. At many different price points. Do you think that Hyatt Place and Hyatt House customers don't matter to Hyatt? If that were the case, Hyatt House/Place owners would leave Hyatt for other hotel chains.
Hyatt has different propositions to attract different customers. The Achilles heal is that all brands are using one reward system. IMHO Hyatt House and Hyatt Place should not be part of Gold Passport.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 9:50 am

Hyatt has different propositions to attract different customers. The Achilles heal is that all brands are using one reward system. IMHO Hyatt House and Hyatt Place should not be part of Gold Passport.
May be there should be a Silver Passport....
or perhaps a Gold Passport, Platinum Passport and Diamond Passport.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Where are the mods?

large number of personal attacks on the OP in this thread
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:30 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
... which is the exact same model as Marriott, Hilton, and Starwood. One single loyalty rewards program for the entire spectrum of your products.

What you are suggesting is that Hyatt morph into a Four Seasons/Mandarin Oriental/Fairmont model, where it is strictly luxury hotels. Luxury hotels are a niche market. If your desire is to grow a hotel chain, you have to offer rooms at multiple price points.
Since you brought up airline loyalty programs, please note that there have been no all business/first class airlines that have survived. It has been critical to also offer coach/steerage seats in order to stay in business. Hotel chains have been more fortunate in that respect but a Four Seasons/Mandarin/Fairmont hotel chain will never be able to grow to a large footprint, and as a result, will not appeal to the vast majority of business travelers.

Step back and think about Hyatt from management's point of view. They're looking for maximum earnings and revenue. In order to achieve that, they must offer products across the full spectrum.
There is a big advantage of offering a full range of price points. It allows you to capture a bottom rung customer and retain his loyalty as he progresses through life and is able to increase his hotel spending. That's certainly true for me; I no longer like to stay at budget hotels. I try to only book rooms at higher end properties. Years ago, I favored price over comfort.

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I hope that neither SMK77 nor you saw my posts as personal attacks. They were not intended to be personal attacks and my sincere apologies if anyone read them that way.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I am shocked as well, as pointed out in post # 10.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.