Wiki Posts
Search

Parralel stays - Credits?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2013, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Parralel stays - Credits?

Quick question regarding parallel stays. I'll be staying for 16 days continuously at the Hyatt Regency Sha Tin, Hong Kong. However, during the stay I'll have to take a quick four day trip to the US due to business reasons. Checking out and in again is not an option, as a family member of mine is joining me for the Hong Kong trip, but she won't be coming along to San Francisco.

So, if I decide to stay at one of the Hyatts in San Francisco, technically I would then be guest at two Hyatt hotels at the same time, something like a parallel stay. Will I run into any problems, any experience? And would the second stay yield any points respectively stay credits?
Old Jul 13, 2013, 10:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle
In the old days (i.e. prior to the launch of earn GP points for dining), the system is designed so that you cannot earn points for two or more properties -- one will override the other.

However, with the new system (i.e. with the launch of earn GP points for dining), you can earn points for two or more properties (though Hyatt never advertise the change). However, you only earn stays and nights for one property only (usually the longer one).

I had similar instances and earned points for more than one property.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 12:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle
Also, you get Diamond/Platinum benefits for both properties.

In case you are worried, you can opt to use points to redeem your room at San Francisco, though I am guessing your stay will be paid by your company or something similar?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.