Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Unique Hyatt Research Project, Opportunity to Earn 10,000 HGP Bonus Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2013, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum

I received the below email from Hyatt - but I am wondering why only in Chinese??? Understand that there are more Chinese than Caucasians but now I can't participate

Hyatt and gravitytank, an innovation consultancy based in Chicago, are working together to understand loyalty and how it relates to the hospitality industry. In a few weeks we will be in Beijing to gain further consumer feedback, which is where you come in!

Step 1: if you will be in Beijing July 21-23 ans speak Chinese, please complete the survey (in Chinese) using the link below and you will be granted 500 Hyatt GP points. This information will help gravitytank identify participants for the next round of research

Step 2: If you are selected for the additional research, you will be invited to participate in a 2-hour group interview (conducted in Chinese) that will take place at a Hyatt hotel in Beijing on one of the dates above. You will be granted 10,000 Hyatt GP points for completing this portion of the research.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by sl00001
I received the below email from Hyatt - but I am wondering why only in Chinese??? Understand that there are more Chinese than Caucasians but now I can't participate

Hyatt and gravitytank, an innovation consultancy based in Chicago, are working together to understand loyalty and how it relates to the hospitality industry. In a few weeks we will be in Beijing to gain further consumer feedback, which is where you come in!

Step 1: if you will be in Beijing July 21-23 ans speak Chinese, please complete the survey (in Chinese) using the link below and you will be granted 500 Hyatt GP points. This information will help gravitytank identify participants for the next round of research

Step 2: If you are selected for the additional research, you will be invited to participate in a 2-hour group interview (conducted in Chinese) that will take place at a Hyatt hotel in Beijing on one of the dates above. You will be granted 10,000 Hyatt GP points for completing this portion of the research.
I answered such a survey earlier this year in April when they did the research in Shanghai. Then, they contacted me (they engaged a research firm in Shanghai) for some additional screening. After the screening in which I gave a lot of personal data, I never heard back from them. Repeated emails to the Shanghai firm did not illicit any response, and I finally had to complain to Hyatt Corporate in USA. Needless to say, I had no confidence in the China research company and requested my data to be destroyed.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:45 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
They are running something similar in London and I am waiting to hear if I have been selected!
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
... and requested my data to be destroyed.
Good luck with that.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by JackE
Good luck with that.
Well, officially, I requested. That's better than nothing. If I eventually find out that they had used my data for any reason without my authorization, at least I may have some recourse.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Reply from Hyatt

I sent an email back and I got a reply from Hyatt - Director Strategy and Innovation for Gold Passport - where she explained that they only focus on native Chinese speakers. I replied to them saying that it is a bit funny that the invitation email is in English only. If they work with a local research company they should have at least translated the email in Chinese ......

Great research!!

------------------------

Apparently language setting in the profile made the connection of the language used in the email .........

Last edited by sl00001; Jul 14, 2013 at 7:00 pm Reason: fair point - so corrected the above with their final answer
Old Jul 14, 2013, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Markie
They are running something similar in London and I am waiting to hear if I have been selected!
Same here. My email was personalized that the survey would be done during my upcoming stay at the Churchill. I responded but haven't heard back yet. The email stated the survey was limited to two people.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CopperSteve
Same here. My email was personalized that the survey would be done during my upcoming stay at the Churchill. I responded but haven't heard back yet. The email stated the survey was limited to two people.
A sample size of two? Statistically they won't learn anything from such a survey? Of do they mean that it would be one of many focus groups, each consisting of at most two people?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 9:09 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
A sample size of two? Statistically they won't learn anything from such a survey? Of do they mean that it would be one of many focus groups, each consisting of at most two people?
This is the email. Perhaps there are two spots left? I received a second email today and it looks like I will participate - just waiting for a confirmed time.

"At Hyatt, we’re always looking to fulfill our guests’ needs and believe that one of the best ways to do this is by speaking with guests like you.

Next week, teams from Hyatt Gold Passport will be trying out some new ideas at Hyatt Regency London Churchill, Friday July 26 and we’d love to get your feedback for a couple hours to learn more about your preferences and opinions.

If you will be at Hyatt Regency London Churchill, have a two-hour period available and are interested in participating in this research, please respond to this email to confirm you’re able to make it and someone from our partner gravitytank will contact you. We are looking for 2 participants and we will select based on order of response.

As a thank you for your time participating, Hyatt will provide you with 10,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points.

We look forward to hearing from you!"
Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Finding two loyal Hyatt customers in Europe these days should not be underestimated, so getting two customers to come to London is already a tough one.

On a more serious note, this whole research project seems to be a brainchild of Jeff Z., it is about as smart as many previous promotions he envisioned.

Way to go, Hyatt. ^
Old Jul 15, 2013, 1:41 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FD1971
On a more serious note, this whole research project seems to be a brainchild of Jeff Z., it is about as smart as many previous promotions he envisioned.
Indeed.... stupidity seems to be running the show. What a messed up program you are becoming if you cannot even get the selection of your survey partners right. That shows how much you really care about your members. But I guess only someone not actually running a loyalty program could know that sending someone an invitation and then denying them participation doesn't really inspire loyalty.

Glad I missed this targeted promo (again) :-).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.