Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2013, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald

I live in the Columbus area, but as a weekend getaway-slash-mattress run stayed at the Hyatt Place Worthington over the weekend.

Location: Excellent for middle-of-nowhere suburbia. Easy access to OSU via 315 and downtown via 315 or I-71. Several good restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel. For casual dining, I recommend the Winking Lizard or the Wurst Und Bier, both about a block away from the HP. There's also a J. Alexander's and a Ruth's Chris steakhouse within walking distance. There's a Starbucks and a movie theater around the corner as well.

The HP itself: Middle-of-the-road Hyatt Place. I compare it unfavorably to other HP's I've stayed at in Milwaukee and Madison. There's no indoor pool (only a small outdoor, supposedly heated one). The 24 hr. fitness center was OK with 2 treadmills, one cycle, one elliptical, and free weights. Rooms very similar to other HP's. I did notice that the sofas at all of the HP's at which I've stayed are starting to get worn out - the cushions aren't holding up well to abuse.

Also, I'm used to walk-in glass showers at Hyatt Places - this one had the tired shower/tub combination that's not as nice IMO.

Breakfast was a bit disappointing as they didn't have the breakfast sandwiches one usually gets at HP's (gouda/bacon/egg biscuits). There were only sausage links and rubbery eggs - more like a bad Hampton Inn breakfast than a Hyatt Place one. I guess I can't complain too much since breakfast was served until almost 11:00 AM, way after the supposed cutoff.

Verdict: Slightly below-average Hyatt Place, decent location for Columbus. If I were a traveler to my fair city, I'd much rather do the Hyatt Regency downtown (much more cosmopolitan feel, lots more to do within walking distance). However, I'd rather stay at the HP Worthington than the HP Dublin (fewer good restaurants, worse location) or the new HP "OSU" which is actually at Grandview Yard (basically nothing there to do within walking distance).

Last edited by nineworldseries; Jul 8, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.